Unbranding T-mobile 925: RM-983 to RM-982 works

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking around for this for a long time, and because I couldnt find anything, I just tried it, with a risk of bricking the 925: I flashed my American T-mobile 925 to the European stock rom, and it worked!

My phone is RM-983 and I flashed it to RM-982 EURO NL by downloading the RM-982 rom, and renaming the folder to RM-983 (the trick also works on the 920). In case you want to unbrand your 925 :)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you run the risk of flashing radios that won't work properly doing it this way? I would hate to lose my LTE radios if the firmware that I put on it wasn't ready to handle them.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
LTE is gone, but I did a research, and it is not really gone. The namings are different in Europe. For example, when I have HSDPA+, in USA it would say 4G, but in Europe, it says H+. When I have LTE connection, it says LTE in USA, but 4G in Europe. I tested it, and I got H+ in my city, and 4G in a big city.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's cool, now see if you can go to field test mode when you're on HSPA+ and report the UARFCN band, that would pretty much give you the idea if you still retain the AWS bands, unless your area is refarmed from T-Mobile

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Any other feature losses (aside from the obvious loss of wifi calling) are there? Or rather, what advantage would it be unbranding the device in this manner (since it'll still say t-mobile on the glass and backing)?

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Any other feature losses (aside from the obvious loss of wifi calling) are there? Or rather, what advantage would it be unbranding the device in this manner (since it'll still say t-mobile on the glass and backing)?

No other disadvantages so far. The main reason why I did it is so I can get updates before the carrier updates.I was also afraid I would not get updates, because I moved back to Holland from America. My HTC 8X with German ROM doesn't receive any updates since GDR1 (Portico) here in Holland so.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you realize that you could use another RM893 region code, and not loss the LTE and everything?

I use RM893 LTA, coming from Tmobile.

Unbranded.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you realize that you could use another RM893 region code, and not loss the LTE and everything?

I use RM893 LTA, coming from Tmobile.

Unbranded.

Which one? They were all either branded or SWAP, and SWAP ROMs don't update as they are for testing.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked white tmob Lumia 925 unbranded with rm893 lta, product code 059S8X2 (white global swap) got the Lumia black update OTA...so it seems they do update this firmware. Can't confirm lte though, it shows H+ as 4G. Lte is not being offered yet in my country.
Greetings...

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Unlocked white tmob Lumia 925 unbranded with rm893 lta, product code 059S8X2 (white global swap) got the Lumia black update OTA...so it seems they do update this firmware. Can't confirm lte though, it shows H+ as 4G. Lte is not being offered yet in my country.
Greetings...

Good to know, I might try that firmware too as soon as 8.1 is officially is out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05