Lumia 925 QI charging

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I know that L925 features QI charging. Does it mean it will work with all chargers available on the market or there's sth I should watch for to be sure that both devices will work nicely together?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the most part, there are now two major wireless charging standards.

Qi, which is on many devices.
and
PMA, which looks like its focusing on putting it in venues and businesses.

Just make sure you are using the phone with a Qi compatible charger, as using it with a non-Qi one will not work, including, but not limited to, PMA chargers, Palm Touchstones...
But Qi compatible chargers are out there, from cheap chinese ones, to Nokia's DT-900, to Google's charging orb, to one by LG.
also be careful with cheap ones, they could be flaky.

Also remember just in case, that the 925 does not have Qi built in. It requires the use of an external shell unlike the 928 and 920.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've used mine with a couple different Qi chargers and they worked fine.

PMA seems to becoming more popular these days in the US at least. Starbucks got talked into using PMA for their charging stations within Starbucks. And ATT is using PMA in all their devices now as a built in charging method, I think the 1520's built-in is now PMA and not Qi.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used mine with a couple different Qi chargers and they worked fine.

PMA seems to becoming more popular these days in the US at least. Starbucks got talked into using PMA for their charging stations within Starbucks. And ATT is using PMA in all their devices now as a built in charging method, I think the 1520's built-in is now PMA and not Qi.

PMA is only scoring locations, I've yet to see it built-into a phone.
The ATT 1520 has had the Qi ripped out, replaced with an option PMA case. Its not built in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro