Damaged 925

teddy.it

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my Nokia 925 was crushed under a a car a van and a bus (Double-decker bus). It rings and receives text messages... Well for sure it rings, it was ringing under the bus tyres.

It is impossible to use the screen, and if I connect it to a PC I cannot see the internal memory: it is recognized by the PC but it says 0 Kb.

Is there a way to try to save the pictures and other info I had on the phone?

Thanks

bananabender

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
None of this data happened to be backed up to OneDrive... Did it? Is there an SD Card in the phone you'd be able to remove(to at least grab pictures)? As far as I know text messages are backed up automatically by default, and maybe the same for contacts?

teddy.it

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
None of this data happened to be backed up to OneDrive... Did it? Is there an SD Card in the phone you'd be able to remove(to at least grab pictures)? As far as I know text messages are backed up automatically by default, and maybe the same for contacts?

Not all the pictures were backed up on One Drive, and the 925 is without SD, so I am trying to save them!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If you had a password or pin lock setup, you need to unlock it before the computer can read the internal memory. It may even require the screen to be unlocked (slide up to use). Hell, if you can put a screen protector (to protect your fingers from the glass), you may find the digitizer is still working??
Since the phone still seems to work, have you considered trying to get a new screen for it? Quite the testament to the build quality that it survived (and actively ringing) being run over by a car, van, AND double decker bus... I would rock that beat up case just to tell people who ask about it, what happened to it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234