thinking of buying the 925

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You will love it, a big step forward to the L720. ;)
Before I had this phone I was also choosing between the L720, the L920 and the L925. These particular phones because they all have a 2000Mah battery. I didn't choose the 720 because of its slower processor, much less RAM and slightly low resolution. Then the choice was between the L920 and the L925. The L920 wasn't available any more or it was 400+ euros, so I chose the L925 which is still 300-350 euros in Holland. I really love the OIS, 1080P video and the camera. The biggest advantage in daily use over my partents' 720's is the much better screen and better CPU and RAM. I'm curious how long your batterylife will be. ;)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 925 since late February and love it. However, I wouldn't really expect two full days of battery life out of it, even if you're not a heavy user. I can get by for a full day, but in general, I had much, much better battery life on my 920 before this phone. Also, some people complain quite a lot about their 925 overheating a lot. I haven't had this problem much, just the occasional getting warm like when playing certain games. The back plate can smudge if it comes into contact with dirt or dust, but if you get even a feather case, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

That's depends. I have one day and a half with 925 (4G + low usage). But my friend who have one too, can easily use for two days or even three (2G + very low usage).

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.
That is exactly what I was afraid of.
I really don’t understand what's going on with those GG2 display protection, like I said before, HTC HD2 GG1 was perfect.
And one day battery isn't enough for me.
I really don’t know what to do, I have to react fast because those damn 16:9 displays are hitting Windows Phones all the time, if I miss 15:9 now (920/925) I'm afraid I won't have a choice soon.
Tnx all!

???

GG is not diamond or adamantium, so OF COURSE that scratch will happens sometimes.

Lumia 925 have 2000mah battery, THE SAME of Lumia 720. If you have a 720 and it lasts one day, so 925 is pretty much the same if use the same way. It's simple logic.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Phone Heating? Yeah on certain high usage events like Turn by Turn Nav when powered by DC plug. But the 925 gives you that unlimited license for Here + for Free and, IMHO, nothing beats Nokia Nav in the phone world. It's one of the bragging points I use about my 925.

2. Two Days Battery Life? I get that each and every time with very few exceptions. It used to be 3 days without fail for me, but two things changed at about the same time... Developer Preview of 8.1 and T-Mobile rolled out LTE in my area. Ongoing work on the towers or maybe a new radio firmware in 8.1... I'm pretty sure signal search is the culprit for decreased battery - yet I'm unsure who to blame yet (update vs carrier). And speaking of LTE; holy guacamole, dudes and dudettes, how could stepping up to LTE not be a major factor in your decision making. If it gets you on the LTE bandwidth wagon in your area that is a major draw, yes? Heck, even the H+ speed of the 925 is faster: 42.2 mbps vs the 720's 21.1 mbps download speeds. Better WiFi too.

3. Display? It's a phone. Put a screen protector on it. They are everywhere. Scratches smatches... Let's really talk about display. It's not the extra 0.2" that makes the difference. It's not IPS vs AMOLED. It is the resolution and pixel density increase that you have to want. Going from 400 x 800 pixels @ 217 ppi (Lumia 720) to 768 x 1280 pixels @ 332 ppi (Lumia 925) is a heck of an upgrade in your viewing. Going to run extra columns on your start screen? You'll want the resolution increase to be sure. Plus Nokia added PureMotion HD to the ClearBlack of the 925 and 720 doesn't go there...

4. Back Plate? Yeah, like was said earlier, put a case on it. *shrug* Gets you the color you want anyway. *grin*

Camera. IMHO, the 925's camera is pretty serious. Lets not open the whole this model vs that model for the absolute championship title controversy. Does anyone disagree that the 925 can still hold its head high in any camera phone shootout and not slink away shamed? That it does everything a phone should do in the shooting realm?

CPU + GPU + RAM. You have to look at the whole combination. What will the 720's dual core 1 GHz + Adreno 305 + 512 MB RAM do better than the 925's dual core 1.5 GHz Krait + Adreno 225 + 1024 MB RAM? Probably nothing...

Full Office. With editing. Free. A huge advantage that most underplay or fail to mention.

You are going to give up battery life. You will be limited to 16 GB storage, internal only. You will add 11 grams weight. But think of the real life, everyday advantages gained...

925 FTW!!!!!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Phones tend to heat up when the screen is lit and lots of pixels are being lit and dimmed aka playing games or watching streaming movies. The 925 is no exception.
2. Battery life is okay, IMO every smartphone needs charging at the end of each day.
3. The display on the 925 is amazing! You will not be disappointed.
4. White tends to have the fewest smudges.

Hope this helps you in making a decision.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos