thinking of buying the 925

dzukela

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, long story short, I'm currently owner of lumia 720, and I have offer to upgrade to the lumia 925.
I know all about 925 specs and I did read few reviews, but I have 4 questions before I made decision.

1. phone heating - I hate android phones and heat they produce even under light usage. I love 720 just because of this; phone is cool, only games can make it warmer. How 925 perform in this area?

2. I want 2 days of batt life. 720 is perfect, only gaming can force me plugging the phone to power charger before 48 hrs. My (daily) phone usage is: I have 1 outlook email (1h sync delay), 1 hour of talking, 10 mins of skype (cals/texting), 15 mins of tapatalk and 30 mins of random apps. I tend to enable as little as I can background apps (currently 4: Battery, HERE, weather, YouTube HD). Glance will be ON, display brightness - auto. Cant 925 on those settings give me 48hrs of batt ?

3. display - I got a lot of "thin hairline damages" after a year, that's something I don't like about 720. I don't understand how my last phone - HTC HD2 (GGlass 1), after 3 years of usage (and lots of dropping to concrete) had PERFECT (day one) display, without any damage. Is 925 display more resilient to the damage than 720, is it on par with HD2 display?

4. back plate - how prone to the smudges is? Does one of 3 colors make it more prone or not?

I was thinking about 930 until I heard it doesn't have glance, and display is pure widescreen 16:9 (instead of 15:9) witch I hate with passion.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
1. I only excperience my phone getting a bit warmer when watching videos while the charger is plugged in or when playing games like Asphalt 8.

2. You can easily get a whole day of battery with the 925. When I don't use it often with WiFi always turned on (I check my whatsapp ones an hour) and turn it off over night I can get around 3-4 days of battery. Mostly I use it quite a lot and then I can easily get a whole day with slightly moderate usage. I don't particularly play a lot of games, mostly I am browsing on the web, using Snapchat, Facebook and Whatsapp. And I often watch Youtube videos. With moderate usage, 2 days should be possible but when you use it quite often, it won't be possible. Like yesterday, I didn't use it very much but still watched some videos and did a bit of Whatsapp. I woke up at 10 o' clock and when I went to sleep at 0:30, the phone had still 67% of battery left. I only have a few background tasks enabled.

3. The L925 has like the L720 Gorrilla Glass 2, I never have never seen a single problem, except for usage overload, with the GG2 used on the L925.

4. I have a black one and it does get smudged a little bit but not very. My parents both have a L720, my mother has a white glossy one and my father has a yellow matte one. Since the L925 has a softer backplate, it is more prone to get smudged.

I would really take that upgrade. The 925 is a lot faster but it greatest advantage in daily use is its display. When you are used to the HD Amoled display, you will find the 720's display horrific. This is based on user experience. ;)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, long story short, I'm currently owner of lumia 720, and I have offer to upgrade to the lumia 925.
I know all about 925 specs and I did read few reviews, but I have 4 questions before I made decision.

1. phone heating - I hate android phones and heat they produce even under light usage. I love 720 just because of this; phone is cool, only games can make it warmer. How 925 perform in this area?

2. I want 2 days of batt life. 720 is perfect, only gaming can force me plugging the phone to power charger before 48 hrs. My (daily) phone usage is: I have 1 outlook email (1h sync delay), 1 hour of talking, 10 mins of skype (cals/texting), 15 mins of tapatalk and 30 mins of random apps. I tend to enable as little as I can background apps (currently 4: Battery, HERE, weather, YouTube HD). Glance will be ON, display brightness - auto. Cant 925 on those settings give me 48hrs of batt ?

3. display - I got a lot of "thin hairline damages" after a year, that's something I don't like about 720. I don't understand how my last phone - HTC HD2 (GGlass 1), after 3 years of usage (and lots of dropping to concrete) had PERFECT (day one) display, without any damage. Is 925 display more resilient to the damage than 720, is it on par with HD2 display?

4. back plate - how prone to the smudges is? Does one of 3 colors make it more prone or not?

I was thinking about 930 until I heard it doesn't have glance, and display is pure widescreen 16:9 (instead of 15:9) witch I hate with passion.

My friend have a 720 and I have a 925. Let's go:

1. Pretty much the same i think. 925 get heat only with heavy usage or when in charge.

2. Pretty much the same too. Maybe 720 have a little bit better battery life because. Less memory and CPU have lower clock. Nothing to worry here i think.

3. AMOLED/OLED screen are less likely to have problems like those you talking about.

4. I have no problems with smudges in my 925. Not at all.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My friend have a 720 and I have a 925. Let's go:

1. Pretty much the same i think. 925 get heat only with heavy usage or when in charge.

2. Pretty much the same too. Maybe 720 have a little bit better battery life because. Less memory and CPU have lower clock. Nothing to worry here i think.

3. AMOLED/OLED screen are less likely to have problems like those you talking about.

4. I have no problems with smudges in my 925. Not at all.

I think Lumia 925 will better for you if you like snapping pictures all the time, but 720 for me is the best for all situations. 😊

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had the 925 since late February and love it. However, I wouldn't really expect two full days of battery life out of it, even if you're not a heavy user. I can get by for a full day, but in general, I had much, much better battery life on my 920 before this phone. Also, some people complain quite a lot about their 925 overheating a lot. I haven't had this problem much, just the occasional getting warm like when playing certain games. The back plate can smudge if it comes into contact with dirt or dust, but if you get even a feather case, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

barcafan

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone... I am in same dilemma as dzukela. is it worth moving to l925 at this point. how much future is left for this phone as per you guys.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 925, I'd wait if I were you at this time. Mine gets a little sluggish at times with preview 8.1. Might clear up when released, but doubt it.

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Couple things: I've only had my 925 for a few days and there is already a light scratch on the display. It had not been dropped or anything either. Battery will last a day with moderate usage but no way 2. It gets a bit warm for me when charging, especially if I use a different charger, but performance seems fine for me, and I'm coming from an LG G2. I also really like the display in general. Very bright, excellent color and contrast.

dzukela

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Couple things: I've only had my 925 for a few days and there is already a light scratch on the display. It had not been dropped or anything either. Battery will last a day with moderate usage but no way 2
Thank you.
That is exactly what I was afraid of.
I really don’t understand what's going on with those GG2 display protection, like I said before, HTC HD2 GG1 was perfect.
And one day battery isn't enough for me.
I really don’t know what to do, I have to react fast because those damn 16:9 displays are hitting Windows Phones all the time, if I miss 15:9 now (920/925) I'm afraid I won't have a choice soon.
Tnx all!

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
You take the word of a guy with just one post for granted? I have had my L925 since march and still I don't have a single scratch whatsoever. Something must have happened if somebody gets scratsches after a few days. I always make sure that I have my phone in a seperate pocket though, I never keep it with my wallet and keys. I have to admit, since my parent's both have a L720, the battery life of the L720 is better. Though, with moderate usage and not watching videos often, you should be able to get two days. You shouldn't enable much background tasks, have WiFi disabled when you're not near a WiFi spot and keep your phone off at night. Compared to the L720, the L925 is a much better and nicer phone.

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
You take the word of a guy with just one post for granted? I have had my L925 since march and still I don't have a single scratch whatsoever. Something must have happened if somebody gets scratsches after a few days. I always make sure that I have my phone in a seperate pocket though, I never keep it with my wallet and keys. I have to admit, since my parent's both have a L720, the battery life of the L720 is better. Though, with moderate usage and not watching videos often, you should be able to get two days. You shouldn't enable much background tasks, have WiFi disabled when you're not near a WiFi spot and keep your phone off at night. Compared to the L720, the L925 is a much better and nicer phone.
Just because I only have one post on this particular site doesn't mean anything. I'm new to Windows phone, I said that. But my screen has one light scratch and no, nothing happened to it at all. Just normal use.

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
And I never ever put my phone in the same pocket with ANYTHING. I love this phone though, and I'm not going back to Android any time soon. Just being honest.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
1. Phone heating: none on mine, even when I play a game for 30 minutes +
2. 48 hour battery life: no. With light use you might be able to creep into the second day, but with normal use I have to charge mine at the end of every day.
3. Screen durability: I've had mine for 2 months with no scratches anywhere. I try to take great care with my devices however; it's never placed in a pocket with keys or placed screen down on a table
4. Back plate cleanliness: I have an AT&T black version. The back gets a few smudges with use, but they easily wipe away.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And I never ever put my phone in the same pocket with ANYTHING. I love this phone though, and I'm not going back to Android any time soon. Just being honest.
This is a pure assumption: I recall a poster that stated that different lots of Gorilla glass would not be as good as others. I don't know if it is true but it explains the wide range of experiences people have.

anon(8938849)

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
This is a pure assumption: I recall a poster that stated that different lots of Gorilla glass would not be as good as others. I don't know if it is true but it explains the wide range of experiences people have.

I would believe that. I've seen phones that get scratched easier than others even though they both have GG2. I suppose it could happen within one phone line.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I am sincerly sorry for that, there are just a lot of trolls coming to this fora. They just leave one seriously negative post behind and then never come back. ;)
I can tell you, sand is the number one cause of scratches to gorilla glass. But GG2 is more scratch resistant than GG1. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be really carefull with the phone if you don't use a screen protector. The scratchresistance is caused by a thin oleophobic layer, under there is just a very hard type of glass. GG3 is known to be almost scratch resistant, GG1 and GG2 can get scratched a little bit in some situations.

SunilJayant

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow my 925 gets kinda hot when ever i am on wifi or playing few games.....other than that i don't have much issue with it ...also i dropped mine on face first .... not even a scratch .. i dropped it few more times after that :) but not even a scratch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss