My Nokia Lumia 925 just died...

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I've actually googled and tried a lot of different solutions but failed to boot up my dead phone.
My lumia 925 2 days ago went on a crazy boycott against me and refuses to boot up. I tried soft reset but it didn't work.
Recently I tried to drain out the battery of my phone and plug it on my pc and some times, it does boot up. After getting to the screen for like 4-5 minutes it started to freeze and turn itself off again. Is there any other way to solve this problem? If there is not then I really need to return for warranty already. Any help are appreciated, thanks!

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried that as well but it doesn't work though...after soft resetting it still doesn't work. Should I try to leave it for a while before soft resetting?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried that as well but it doesn't work though...after soft resetting it still doesn't work. Should I try to leave it for a while before soft resetting?
Charge it fully and then use Nokia Care Suite software and see if it can wipe the slate clean and reinstall new software for you. Please keep in mind that you will lose all your day you currently have on the device.

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Charge it fully and then use Nokia Care Suite software and see if it can wipe the slate clean and reinstall new software for you. Please keep in mind that you will lose all your day you currently have on the device.

The problem is it doesn't want to charge and it remains dead >_< I tried to flash it twice earlier as I was lucky that I can manage to boot. Too bad it freezes at the first time setup stage and turned off. After that it refuses to boot up till now. =(

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
So many questions that would need to be answered before a good answer can be found...

How long have you had it? If it is somewhat new, it could be a bad battery.
Was it new when you purchased it or was it a refurb? If it was a refurb, it may have passed testing or been missed by them.
Was the battery life ok before the issue, or was it bad the entire time you had it? If it has been bad the entire time, it is probably a defective battery.
With the device off, does the screen show the charging icon or does it have an exclamation point? This was common in the 521's also.

It sounds like a warranty service issue, but you might get lucky if there is nothing major wrong with it.

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
So many questions that would need to be answered before a good answer can be found...

How long have you had it? If it is somewhat new, it could be a bad battery.
Was it new when you purchased it or was it a refurb? If it was a refurb, it may have passed testing or been missed by them.
Was the battery life ok before the issue, or was it bad the entire time you had it? If it has been bad the entire time, it is probably a defective battery.
With the device off, does the screen show the charging icon or does it have an exclamation point? This was common in the 521's also.

It sounds like a warranty service issue, but you might get lucky if there is nothing major wrong with it.

It's just a month old, had few freezes before but managed to solve with just soft reset.
It's brand new and not refurbished though.
It just happened like this 2 days before. Previously just soft reset can solve freeze problems .__.
It has no indication though, just blank and nothing on the screen.

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried the Nokia SW Recovery Tool? It should bring the device back to life, however you will lose all of your data. If you had the backup on, you should be OK though.

FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - USA

I tried but the problem is the software doesn't recognize my phone. Plus it requires me to at least enter the nokia logo part where I can't even get to currently.

Just a month old? Go to Nokia Care and demand a warranty repair!

If there's no solution then I really need to send it back for warranty. The warranty here is slow so I would like to avoid that as I don't have a second phone .___.

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
They will turn it around in a week. If you want a cheap WP device PM me.

Really? That's fast! Going to stick around and try to fix it for a while, if still can't by Sunday then I will send it in on Monday >_<

The wheeler-dealer of WPCentral strikes again :wink:

In all seriousness given your problem, Martin, I'd recommend using your warranty.

Alright, I'll give it another try then I will send it in for warranty. Hope everything is okay >_<

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I sent one in on Monday of last week and received the device yesterday. They give you a two day air pre-printed UPS label and return it two day air as well. So I think you should definitely just send it in.

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I sent one in on Monday of last week and received the device yesterday. They give you a two day air pre-printed UPS label and return it two day air as well. So I think you should definitely just send it in.

Alright! Thanks for the help =) I will just send it in for warranty. Thanks a lot =D

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Really? That's fast! Going to stick around and try to fix it for a while, if still can't by Sunday then I will send it in on Monday >_<>_<

I don't know where you are, but I just sent my phone into Nokia, and had it back within 5 days. Granted I'm in the same city (and zip code actually) as the repair center, but their actual turnaround time not including transit was pretty quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa