10-15-2014 02:36 PM
363 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    It's so annoying how many people complaining about green/yellow/red/purple/rainbow tint.......

Much worse when they show with screenshots of the screen to compare with pictures to prove it.
    07-17-2014 09:30 AM
    It's so annoying how many people complaining about green/yellow/red/purple/rainbow tint.......

Much worse when they show with screenshots of the screen to compare with pictures to prove it.
    Maybe just because photo post processing is an annoying thing as well. Someone asked someone answered, it's the sense of a forum, isn't it?
    paramsingh likes this.
    07-17-2014 09:37 AM
    Simfender, I agree totally with you that android is chaos, and I agree that whatsapp could be made better even after the major update, but I think that the thing that is limiting Microsoft to get apps on their side is their low market share. They somehow have to get people on their side first and then current app developers will support them. Its weird I know, and I'm not saying that everything that MS does is right or the good thing for WP but I don't think that the OS is limiting anymore (for the majority of users) and myself. As far as I can tell, it does everything that IOS can and more, just in a different way.

And yes, I also agree that some features that you expected to have in cyan for existing hardware aren't there, but I have a feeling that MS has stopped rollout of cyan and dev preview updates temporarily to fix that very problem (I hope)

Now I feel that WP is not limited by OS capability (put your brightness to 'hugh' 'medium' or 'low' and then set it to automatic. It will vary the brightness range based on whether you selected high, medium or low. I generally use a low brightness range, so I set mine to low then auto. Lumia auto brightness is really really impressive, and I'm still on lumia black firmware with 8.1 dev preview)

I think the limiting factor (for many people) is the apps, but I've found all the ones I need are there
    simfender likes this.
    07-17-2014 09:43 AM
    Maybe just because photo post processing is an annoying thing as well. Someone asked someone answered, it's the sense of a forum, isn't it?
    You guys are filling the whole forum with this non sense complain. That's the problem.

There's no problem AT ALL in Lumia 925 about it. Only some people with faulty device, which is expected, or just bad random situations.

Cyan Update will not bring any improvements about it. Because they don't even exist.
    Aniket Mhatre likes this.
    07-17-2014 11:07 AM
    Hello guys! I don't know if someone already ask this but, after upgrading to cyan, you're able to use living images again? Sorry for poor English... Thanks in advance
    07-17-2014 11:34 AM
    Hello guys! I don't know if someone already ask this but, after upgrading to cyan, you're able to use living images again? Sorry for poor English... Thanks in advance
    I think living images it's only for 930 and 1520. But maybe i'm wrong.
    07-17-2014 11:49 AM
    Rodrigo Mendes,

I like photography and I'm very disappointed about the post processing of my lumia 925 compared to my other devices. I tried two different 925 (the first one I returned for a huge mura effect) and I had the same behaviour in both, colours in photos ruined by post processing. Tried different things,see them in others monitors and so on...nothing. Searching on the web I found a lot of topics about this "issue" and it seems to be related to a bad/unbeautiful/incorrect (choose your best) post processing.

is it a real problem? for you... maybe not, for me...absolutely yes! easy, I do not like post processing of my lumia 925, you do, this does not mean you're right.

In conclusion I've never posted about camera of my lumia 925, someone asked in this thread how was the camera with cyan update, I though, I can reply with images, it could be useful to the community ( For posting photos I used my vps so I filled the forum only with few kbs of words ). Really Sorry for that...
    07-17-2014 11:51 AM
    Rodrigo Mendes,

I like photography and I'm very disappointed about the post processing of my lumia 925 compared to my other devices. I tried two different 925 (the first one I returned for a huge mura effect) and I had the same behaviour in both, colours in photos ruined by post processing. Tried different things,see them in others monitors and so on...nothing. Searching on the web I found a lot of topics about this "issue" and it seems to be related to a bad/unbeautiful/incorrect (choose your best) post processing.

is it a real problem? for you... maybe not, for me...absolutely yes! easy, I do not like post processing of my lumia 925, you do, this does not mean you're right.

In conclusion I've never posted about camera of my lumia 925, someone asked in this thread how was the camera with cyan update, I though, I can reply with images, it could be useful to the community ( For posting photos I used my vps so I filled the forum only with few kbs of words ). Really Sorry for that...
    My 925 camera take beautiful photos, with great colors and great fidelity. Of course sometimes goes wrond, but there's not a problem at all.
    simfender likes this.
    07-17-2014 11:55 AM
    My 925 camera take beautiful photos, with great colors and great fidelity. Of course sometimes goes wrond, but there's not a problem at all.
    That was a better kind of reply
    07-17-2014 11:59 AM
    I think living images it's only for 930 and 1520. But maybe i'm wrong.
    Living images works on Lumia 920, 925 and 928 as far as I knew... I have a Lumia 928 and I used to have it... Before the last update of Nokia camera beta app
    07-17-2014 01:30 PM
    Rodrigo Mendes,

Well at least I'm thankful for those pictures you posted! In your opinion, did you notice any difference in the post processing compared to Lumia Black? or pre-cyan? The tint doesn't seem that bad, but I can definitely see some post-processing from your pics
    07-17-2014 01:50 PM
    He guys,
    am I the only one that is experiencing extreme poor battery life after the Cyan update?! I mean, really poor.
    Apps seem to rain a lot of battery, and I just had a 30 min. phone call, and my charge dropped from 60% to 20%! And the new battery app shows that "phone" has like by far the highest usage, after Kakao Talk, which also drains ridiculous amounts! I guess the app had no update for 8.1 until now, maybe that's why. All other seem doing okish. But phone calls?

Anybody with the same problem? Maybe know how to fix it? A phone that cannot even let me talk for 30 min is, well, not a phone, even with the "smart" in front of it....
    07-17-2014 02:46 PM
    Anyone else realize that storage check from Nokia is not installed after updating to Cyan... Check it out...
    07-17-2014 03:38 PM
    Living images works on Lumia 920, 925 and 928 as far as I knew... I have a Lumia 928 and I used to have it... Before the last update of Nokia camera beta app
    Yeah, me too. Missing it every day
    07-17-2014 09:15 PM
    Hi,

I don't know much of anything about WP, but I'm here in Canada and my 925 just updated with 8.1.

Didn't know it was out yet.

Anyway, when the install is done, I'll let you know if it works. I was just sitting at work when over the Wifi it told me the update was ready. First it had an update to prep the phone for 8.1. Then, after that, I checked for more updates and the 8.1 update was there.
    seq1 likes this.
    07-18-2014 12:21 AM
    Just updated to Cyan here as well. The problem with mine is that my camera stop functioning. Guess another round of warranty...previously sent it back because it refuses to boot up.
    07-18-2014 12:32 AM
    Just updated to Cyan here as well. The problem with mine is that my camera stop functioning. Guess another round of warranty...previously sent it back because it refuses to boot up.
    Canada? Or elsewhere?
    07-18-2014 12:36 AM
    Malaysia, it just got released 2 days ago if I'm not mistaken. Heard a lot people having the same problem as I am. This time round not sure it's hardware or software related problem
    07-18-2014 12:49 AM
    Hi,

I don't know much of anything about WP, but I'm here in Canada and my 925 just updated with 8.1.

Didn't know it was out yet.

Anyway, when the install is done, I'll let you know if it works. I was just sitting at work when over the Wifi it told me the update was ready. First it had an update to prep the phone for 8.1. Then, after that, I checked for more updates and the 8.1 update was there.
    Go to settings > extras+info > more info and check the Manufacturer Name.
    I just want to know the phone's variant.
    07-18-2014 02:15 AM
    Go to settings > extras+info > more info and check the Manufacturer Name.
    I just want to know the phone's variant.
    I will message you, idk if this is confidential data haha
    seq1 likes this.
    07-18-2014 02:26 AM
    I will message you, idk if this is confidential data haha
    It's not confidential data.
    Your phone is not a Canada variant. The manufacturer name mentions Philippines and that's the reason you got the update.

Thanks for giving me the information.
    07-18-2014 02:34 AM
    OK cool, I suppose that's why! I bought the phone on Amazon, must be the reason.
    07-18-2014 02:35 AM
    Well at least I'm thankful for those pictures you posted! In your opinion, did you notice any difference in the post processing compared to Lumia Black? or pre-cyan? The tint doesn't seem that bad, but I can definitely see some post-processing from your pics
    I'm not noticing any "imporvement" about the post processing. I remember there was an update of the camera during wp8 with which I recognized that things went better. I'm saying that post processing of now is better than the past but not related to cyan update, I cannot say it certainly also because I started to re-use my lumia 925 after the cyan update. However I added other photos with comparison.

...I'm so interested in seeing personally how the raw format is! But I do not have any friend with a Lumia able to make it...
    07-18-2014 05:08 AM
    I have WP 8.1 / Cyan on my Lumia 925 for some days now and I am very pleased.

After upgrade, my Skype was crashing on startup (constantly) and my Accuweather app live tile was acting very weird. I then just uninstalled and reinstalled them and they now work great. Skype even seems to start-up a little faster than before. So try reinstalling apps if they give you trouble - worked great for me!

Also, after upgrade, and I don't know if it this is only subjective, but it seemed like the phone needed a 1 or 2 soft resets (meaning, turning it off and on again) until it really seem to be working flawlessly again.

+ Pros:
    Didn't notice any battery issues (battery seems to last just a little bit longer than before).
    The action center works great.
    The improvement of separate sound volume settings is actually very good. This didn't annoy me before but I notice now how it is better.
    I love the way you can have an image across your tiles now instead of only 1 colour.
    The WP GUI seems just a little bit more snappier than before.
    The SMS notification sounds stops playing now if you click on the SMS alert banner.

- Cons:
    I noticed that the SMS sound alert is now limited to only some 3 seconds. This limitation was not there before.
    The SMS delivery notification is still in the form of a SMS to your phone (and not a tick beside the sent message). This is the only WP feature that I really am a bit annoyed with and can't understand why they can't improve this to work like Android, iPhone or Whatsapp for example.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    07-18-2014 05:28 AM
    The simple not booting up can be fixed by a soft reset. Happened to my 920 as well. Press and hold the volume down and power key simultaneously for about 10/15 seconds and the phone should reset, even if it is crashed m, or even if previously didn't boot up or respond to the power switch. Just so you know when and if it ever happens again.

For the camera problem, I'd advise you to test the camera by using another app other than the default camera app. Try calling somebody via skype and see if the camera works then, if not then try another app like going into whatsapp and taking a picture from there. See what happens. If you can't find a solution this way, then maybe your camera is broken. I'm not sure what you should do then
    07-18-2014 05:43 AM
363 ... 89101112 ...