10-15-2014 02:36 PM
363 ... 131415
tools
    Anyone from Poland has Cyan update available?
    Official pages say it is available for all operators and for country version.
    But my phone keeps saying that my SW is up to date. I have country version.
    Maybe your phone is officially from a different country? Then you would have to wait for that specific country version update.
    08-12-2014 02:28 PM
    Maybe your phone is officially from a different country? Then you would have to wait for that specific country version update.
    No - it is not.
    I have official country version from Poland - RM-892_eu_poland_322
    08-13-2014 07:58 AM
    Anyone from Poland has Cyan update available?
    Official pages say it is available for all operators and for country version.
    But my phone keeps saying that my SW is up to date. I have country version.
    I had the same problem here in Brazil. My Lumia 925 is CV, but somehow it's linked to VIVO/Telefonica (a carrier). NCS solve it for me lol
    08-13-2014 08:21 AM
    I had the same problem here in Brazil. My Lumia 925 is CV, but somehow it's linked to VIVO/Telefonica (a carrier). NCS solve it for me lol
    In Poland Cyan for L925 is available for all operators already
    08-13-2014 08:43 AM
    Re Tmo version of 925
    More reading-between-the-lines (or is it more like reading tea leaves or coffee grounds?):
    The 925 how-to page at tmo support ( How-to guides: Nokia Lumia 925 | T-Mobile Support ) has been updated a few times in the past few days, most recently today. The page only shows the update timestamp, no changelog. My hopeful guess is that they are getting ready to update documentation to Cyan+WP8.1. But no evidence of that absent the fresh timestamps.
    ReconVirus likes this.
    08-15-2014 03:45 PM
    After I updated to Cyan, here's what I found:
    A. Welcomed features:
    1. Action Centre/Quick Setting
    2. Web video: ability to jump to specific time
    3. Touch-sensitive button (Windows & Search) - no more accidental presses, if you press them long enough.
    4. Internet Explorer : unlimited tabs allowed
    5. Independent volume level

B. Regressed features:
    1. Web video - the time seek bar is awfully small, and sometimes it shows only on landscape view
    Also, you can see white page (only a fraction of a second, it's very quick) when switching from portrait to landscape view. Very unelegant.
    2. Internet Explorer - no more tab counter
    3. Internet Explorer - tab arrangement is dynamic AND confusing.
    On WP 8.0, the tab is arranged by the order you open them
    On WP 8.1, the tab is arranged by which one you currently view. As the result, I often close the wrong tab.
    No longer you can use back button to view previous tab. If you use 'open in new tab', pressing back will close the current tab.
    4. WiFi - no option to 'turn off WiFi if phone is locked'
    5. Photo quality seems to be worse (noisier night time photo)

C. Bugs - happen on Cyan but never on WP 8.0
    1. My 925 often freeze, maybe every two days. I need to reset it (Volume Down + Power button).
    2. After I reset/restart my 925, sometimes the time and date will go erratic... it will be set to 22 May 2014. The same happens to the clock, it will be set to sometime at 9. I will need to set up the correct time and date.
    3. Internet Explorer often, without notice, close the page you're viewing. Or, it will quit all of a sudden, back to the Start page.
    4. Sometimes the phone speaker give a 'crack' sound. This happens when the speaker is inactive.
    5. Web video - sometimes the phone produces no sound. This is no hardware issue, the same thing happens on my 520 with Preview for Developers. Definitely software issue.

D. Still missing features:
    1. Internet Explorer - no way to distinguish which tab is active.
    2. No cursor on phone dialler.
    Having no cursor on the dialler means:
    1. Inability to edit wrongly entered number
    2. Inability to add international code at the beginning of a phone number

Conclusion:
    I do not like WP8.1 / Cyan.
    08-16-2014 07:52 PM
    After I updated to Cyan, here's what I found:
    A. Welcomed features:
    1. Action Centre/Quick Setting
    2. Web video: ability to jump to specific time
    3. Touch-sensitive button (Windows & Search) - no more accidental presses, if you press them long enough.
    4. Internet Explorer : unlimited tabs allowed
    5. Independent volume level

B. Regressed features:
    1. Web video - the time seek bar is awfully small, and sometimes it shows only on landscape view
    Also, you can see white page (only a fraction of a second, it's very quick) when switching from portrait to landscape view. Very unelegant.
    2. Internet Explorer - no more tab counter
    3. Internet Explorer - tab arrangement is dynamic AND confusing.
    On WP 8.0, the tab is arranged by the order you open them
    On WP 8.1, the tab is arranged by which one you currently view. As the result, I often close the wrong tab.
    No longer you can use back button to view previous tab. If you use 'open in new tab', pressing back will close the current tab.
    4. WiFi - no option to 'turn off WiFi if phone is locked'
    5. Photo quality seems to be worse (noisier night time photo)

C. Bugs - happen on Cyan but never on WP 8.0
    1. My 925 often freeze, maybe every two days. I need to reset it (Volume Down + Power button).
    2. After I reset/restart my 925, sometimes the time and date will go erratic... it will be set to 22 May 2014. The same happens to the clock, it will be set to sometime at 9. I will need to set up the correct time and date.
    3. Internet Explorer often, without notice, close the page you're viewing. Or, it will quit all of a sudden, back to the Start page.
    4. Sometimes the phone speaker give a 'crack' sound. This happens when the speaker is inactive.
    5. Web video - sometimes the phone produces no sound. This is no hardware issue, the same thing happens on my 520 with Preview for Developers. Definitely software issue.

D. Still missing features:
    1. Internet Explorer - no way to distinguish which tab is active.
    2. No cursor on phone dialler.
    Having no cursor on the dialler means:
    1. Inability to edit wrongly entered number
    2. Inability to add international code at the beginning of a phone number

Conclusion:
    I do not like WP8.1 / Cyan.
    I really recommend a hard reset for you.
    08-18-2014 10:01 AM
    Lumia 925 CV WHITE MANAUS use the same FW version from VIVO. And NCS solve it for me too.. But my friend's 925 from VIVO didn't received Cyan update via OTA nor NCS
    Last edited by Eduardo Wandscheer; 08-19-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    08-19-2014 05:28 PM
    I've downloaded the official version but i can't install it, it just stays at the gears! is there a way to reset it without losing my pictures?
    08-19-2014 08:24 PM
    I've downloaded the official version but i can't install it, it just stays at the gears! is there a way to reset it without losing my pictures?
    How long are the gears turning? There is usually a waiting period where it seems like it is idle and not working then it shoots to 3/4s of the way. I found that with my 925. One of the WPC guys. Daniel I think mentioned that is what happens when updating to 8.1. Otherwise backing up will save your photos or a soft reset (holding down volume down and power button at the same time for around 10 secs) might help.
    09-27-2014 06:00 AM
    Guys - I'll repeat my question:
    Anyone from Poland has Cyan update available for L925 with developer preview?
    According to Greg Sullivan's tweet it should be already available.
    https://twitter.com/gregwardo/status/519555242757615617
    Unfortunately not for me :-(

My current version is 3051.40000.1345.1002 and product code 059T646
    Last edited by eReS; 10-14-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    10-14-2014 10:08 AM
    Sorry for not going through the entire thread but has someone be able to force Cyan on their T-Mo 925? I don't care about WiFi calling. I just need BT4.0 LE.
    10-15-2014 10:55 AM
    Sorry for not going through the entire thread but has someone be able to force Cyan on their T-Mo 925? I don't care about WiFi calling. I just need BT4.0 LE.
    Look at post #3 in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2815276
    10-15-2014 02:36 PM
363 ... 131415