Official 925 Cyan Thread

sonus

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
3. Call quality. This is where things seem to have gone bad. Ever since I have flashed the ROM, people seem to not hear me clearly on the other hand, similarly the audio reception at my end too seems to have worsened. Any one else facing this issue?

Well if you flashed a ROM for a location other then your own, its not too suprising that you have radio/reception issues. The ROM's radio may be somewhat localized to the local carrier's specifications

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Don't expect any change about camera, guys. It's the same. Nothing changes in 8.1 Preview and Cyan update seems affect only new smarts of Lumia Series.

The green tint occurs in low light situations only. But if you use Nokia Camera and manual shutter options, the problems is gone.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Don't expect any change about camera, guys. It's the same. Nothing changes in 8.1 Preview and Cyan update seems affect only new smarts of Lumia Series.

The green tint occurs in low light situations only. But if you use Nokia Camera and manual shutter options, the problems is gone.

Could you post screenshots of before the pic is processed, and then after? In a low-light setting?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I updated with finland ROM... didnt lost LTE.

I see. An improvement in Camera with flash... no more yellow tint.

Yes ?!?
Is a great news. Thanks :)

(Please, if you have time can you upload here two images after and before the postprocessing taked with nokia camera to permit a comparison? Thanks)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Could you post screenshots of before the pic is processed, and then after? In a low-light setting?

I don't have a Cyan Update yet!

Unlike MANY others complain, this problem happens only sometimes. Now I take a picture and it's perfect! The colours of picture are the same of the screenshot.

I think supershi80 and others who complain a lot about this are overeat. The problem not occurs always and don't destroy anything.

Sorry for IMGur link, really bad image compress, but only that works here in office.

Screenshot
JmZHe8M.jpg

Autosettings with Nokia Camera
hD00LL3.jpg

Manual settings (more exposure time, maybe 1/2 i think or something like)
jNVnwT9.jpg

Lumiaa620

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920/925 camera is as good as it can be (color balance off track but still). Trading blows for less noise and losing some detail in the process is natural and will happen always. The huge factor people are still running after some imagined camera performance was the hype from nokia to be "the best", it was (notice the was).
Don't get me wrong I use the L920 as my daily driver and its camera performance amaze me still.
Camera won't get any better. (i secretly hope that MS lets you turn off post proces or get raw, just to let you know the lens is used already to its max and you can only get better photos if you change what you desire with PhotoShop/Gimp). And totally agree with Rodrigo sometimes the shot just isn't good, retake it and maybe you get what you desire.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a Cyan Update yet!

Unlike MANY others complain, this problem happens only sometimes. Now I take a picture and it's perfect! The colours of picture are the same of the screenshot.

I think supershi80 and others who complain a lot about this are overeat. The problem not occurs always and don't destroy anything.

Sorry for IMGur link, really bad image compress, but only that works here in office.

Screenshot
http://i.imgur.com/JmZHe8M.jpg

Autosettings with Nokia Camera
http://i.imgur.com/hD00LL3.jpg?1

Manual settings (more exposure time, maybe 1/2 i think or something like)
http://i.imgur.com/jNVnwT9.jpg?

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/nokia-lumia-cyan-firmware-update-improve-imaging

On reddit's AMA, they specifically said there will be improvements to colors and low-light performance. Changing the algorithms for processing will affect all phones, not just 1520,930, and icon. Yes, some features like auto-focus and living images will be for the flagships, but there is still hope that there will be some improvements for all phones as well.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/nokia-lumia-cyan-firmware-update-improve-imaging

On reddit's AMA, they specifically said there will be improvements to colors and low-light performance. Changing the algorithms for processing will affect all phones, not just 1520,930, and icon. Yes, some features like auto-focus and living images will be for the flagships, but there is still hope that there will be some improvements for all phones as well.

Thank you very much, that's really good news!

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
after the cyan update does the phone heats up?
mine with wp 8.1 dp heats up like hell as if it will start melting
I have noticed something similar with my 1020. While it is mostly,built of polycarbonate, the camera island gets really hot even just while browsing or doing some not too heavy stuff. I don't want to know how the almost all aluminum 925 will feel when,it heats up!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed something similar with my 1020. While it is mostly,built of polycarbonate, the camera island gets really hot even just while browsing or doing some not too heavy stuff. I don't want to know how the almost all aluminum 925 will feel when,it heats up!

The aluminium really heats up alot. I have to keep my device down on table to cool it down.

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys, i received a L925 in warranty for my L920, so i'm kinda lost here, it's been a couple of months since i tried 8.1 DP in my 920 and i don't know anything about the 925, so there is a firmware which contains official 8.1 and Cyan? That finland fw it is? Or argentinian?

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Well if you flashed a ROM for a location other then your own, its not too suprising that you have radio/reception issues. The ROM's radio may be somewhat localized to the local carrier's specifications

You don't really know how those things work, do you?

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I've upgraded my 925 from dev preview to Cyan. Can't see any battery improvements. I had no camera/pic quality problems while on preview and still don't have any problems now on Cyan. Earpiece sound quality is still junk, from 8.0 over 8.1 preview to Cyan, sound quality is a garbage. I'm so disappointed with Nokia. From E7, N9 to 925 they seem to keep a constant level of engineering incompetence.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've upgraded my 925 from dev preview to Cyan. Can't see any battery improvements. I had no camera/pic quality problems while on preview and still don't have any problems now on Cyan. Earpiece sound quality is still junk, from 8.0 over 8.1 preview to Cyan, sound quality is a garbage. I'm so disappointed with Nokia. From E7, N9 to 925 they seem to keep a constant level of engineering incompetence.
External speaker? Yes, pretty bad.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa