10-15-2014 02:36 PM
363 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Looks like I'm not the only one disappointed with this update... Don't find a single new feature compared to dp8.1. No living images, Dolby surround, royalist for speakers... NOTHING!!! :@ only diff I can find is Lumia Cyan is displayed in extras+info.. #feeling angry

Why the big hype, if nothing was planned to be included? MS simply seeking attention?? #MSidiots

They bring in new models every month and only gives the updates to the latest!! The previous flagship phone owners are left just like that!!:@
    The previous flagship owners are restricted by hardware( the chip they use). Also, Lumia Cyan is merely firmware, it isn't supposed to do more than optimize 8.1 for the individual device
    Saikrish, Wyn6 and Rafael Yousuf like this.
    07-15-2014 09:47 PM
    1) No brightness control..
    2) Battery is draining faster..
    3) No Audio improvement even on headset..
    4) Camera improvement can be felt obviously...
    5) Faster & Smoother UI than the previous...
    Overall, it's nothing but making the Developers Preview into licensed 8.1 update
    Didn't found any changes in this update like Brightness control, Sound Quality etc
    ******DONT EXPECT MUCH******
    May be those goodies will add in the near future update..:)
    Last edited by Saikrish; 07-16-2014 at 04:35 AM.
    khader_moham likes this.
    07-15-2014 10:04 PM
    I have a feeling that even though MS says its official out, I have a feeling that its another pilot (at least I hope) because things like lumia colour brightness and sound popping in videos scrubbing should be standard, the lumia 925 isn't a low end device, so I think that maybe when the release gets more and more maybe they'll introduce the features which were supposed to be in the update for all devices. The current cyan update sounds like its done very little to Taylor the whole OS experience to each phone. Atm, seems the same as the dp to me from what people are saying
    07-15-2014 10:06 PM
    The previous flagship owners are restricted by hardware( the chip they use). Also, Lumia Cyan is merely firmware, it isn't supposed to do more than optimize 8.1 for the individual device
    The only hardware limitation is fir miracast and some sensor core stuff... the quad core chipset has nothing to do with living images, Dolby 5.1 surround equalizer for the speakers.. etc and other rumored features.. Living features was working in camera beta for older models as well... Looks like they have simply restricted the features to the current flagships..!!!
    khader_moham and ArcticArrow like this.
    07-15-2014 10:08 PM
    It might be MS strategy... Remember Nokia pro cam was restricted to pureview devices but it eventually came to every Lumia device....
    seq1 likes this.
    07-15-2014 10:13 PM
    With all the new features on WP 8.1 and you still ain't happy?? I an sorry but this is nonsense
    I was talking specifically about this one. Cyan is crap
    07-15-2014 10:20 PM
    I know you guys do, but I couldn't care less whether surround sound or Dolby stuff or autofocus comes or not. My Lumia 920 camera is perfectly fine for my needs. The only thing I am craving cyan for is the video popping when scrubbing... It's been driving me crazy ever since the dev preview was launched... But looks like cyan doesn't bring this either... So much for it being tailored to each device... Hopefully in future app/cyan releases, or even better, hopefully for by the time the cyan update gets released for my phone in my region for my carrier
    07-15-2014 10:20 PM
    Yep.. maybe.. we will be getting in the future... But seriously, i'm fed up with the build up/ hype of these upcoming updates... And finally when the update arrives... Voila!!! u just have 1% of all the rumored features... :/
    khader_moham and Reebs Reebs like this.
    07-15-2014 10:22 PM
    I love a better battery life of my Lumia 925. It's pretty long lasting.
    07-15-2014 10:23 PM
    well I know that feeling, when you wait for something so desperately and BOOM!!! you get nothing!!!
    07-15-2014 10:33 PM
    Yeah found nothing in the new update. Not even the updated creative studio app.
    07-15-2014 11:18 PM
    I love a better battery life of my Lumia 925. It's pretty long lasting.
    Lol I get 3-4 hours on 3G. Long lasting is not true for me.
    Aniket Mhatre likes this.
    07-15-2014 11:19 PM
    Why there is no support for live image in l-925,even after cyan???
    07-15-2014 11:37 PM
    Can anyone post some photos so we can see if the yellow tinge is gone/if the colors have improved? Thanks!
    07-16-2014 12:42 AM
    I almost feared something like this would happen. So basically for all owners of previous flagship phone like 925 or 1020 who are already running 8.1 DP installing Cyan is more or less a waste of time?
    07-16-2014 03:49 AM
    1) No brightness control..
    2) Battery is draining faster..
    3) No Audio improvement even on headset..
    4) Camera improvement can be seen...
    5) Faster & Smoother UI than the previous...
    Overall, it's nothing but making the Developers Preview into licensed 8.1 update
    Didn't found any Nokia elements in this update...:( it's totally time waste and data waste for my 925..
    Should see what comes to my 1520..

Not Found any of Nokia Goodies...Sorry Microsoft.. At least contact Nokia employees to know how to put a smile on their faces with an update..
    Seriously?! What Nokia elements do you want? You received the biggest update for Windows Phone today ever since, and you are claiming that as time wasting? Not everyone has the DP installed. For those who are new to the WP8.1 update will be very thrilled, especially the new extra column, transparent tiles, action center and word flow. Consumers don't care if it is a MS or Nokia update because to them, this is the Windows Phone update. When they read something from this link, these are the things which they are looking forward to. Don't downplay the Cyan update please as it is suppose to make your phone more stable than the DP.

Why don't you flash your phone back to 8.1 DP instead since you are feeling so disappointed.
    Last edited by chmun77; 07-16-2014 at 04:04 AM.
    Sosinondodrore, Saikrish and Xylin like this.
    07-16-2014 03:52 AM
    Improvements noticed so far:
    1. Sound Quality improved (at least in earphones). I always listen with earphones everyday.
    Did you change your earphone within last few days ?
    07-16-2014 04:18 AM
    @chmun77 : He is exactly referring to the people with dp8.1 . What kind of people do you think visit these forums? Most of the tech enthusiasts have the dp8.1 installed.. and were following all the articles regarding the new features closely that was rumored to roll out with CYAN!! No one is downplaying cyan... All are frustrated with the unwanted hype created by MS.. and the so called future leaks bull****!!

Especially when a company keeps tweaking there future plans/ features... and finally when you get that update... you dont get any of it.... Customers do care...!! though not the normal customers.. most of the techy ones in these tech sites DO!!!!!!!!

And lastly, why should anyone roll back to dp8.1 ?? Just coz. you can rollback an update, does it mean the company can roll out any crap?! Atleast avoid the unwanted build-up next time.. Thats what all the frustation is about!!
    07-16-2014 04:25 AM
    Seriously?! What Nokia elements do you want? You received the biggest update for Windows Phone today ever since, and you are claiming that as time wasting? Not everyone has the DP installed. For those who are new to the WP8.1 update will be very thrilled, especially the new extra column, transparent tiles, action center and word flow. Consumers don't care if it is a MS or Nokia update because to them, this is the Windows Phone update. When they read something from this link, these are the things which they are looking forward to. Don't downplay the Cyan update please as it is suppose to make your phone more stable than the DP.

Why don't you flash your phone back to 8.1 DP instead since you are feeling so disappointed.
    Hi...actually I shouldn't use the words "waste of time"..sry for that
    As I was expected much nd awaited much for this update thought that it would includes the "elements" u quoted against me like was Brightness control which would make my 925 more battery efficient
    As u said not many people use DP..Yes they feel thrilled to see the changes we already felt on DP..
    So..i don't want to spoil their excitement and happiness.. Hence I take back my words which r rude in my comments..
    Thank u mate:)
    Last edited by Saikrish; 07-16-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    chmun77 and nizam ak like this.
    07-16-2014 04:30 AM
    Did anyone got arrows on wifi? I see nothing new in my Lumia 925! I didn't even got those arrows for indicating data download! Waste!
    07-16-2014 04:32 AM
    Hey Guys, have you forced the store for updates (or use SysApp Pusher)? Usually the additional nokia goodies need updates to the system apps. If I recall prior to these updates, the system apps would be updated. But since now MS are in charge, I suspect its going to be the other way round now lol.
    07-16-2014 04:33 AM
    Did anyone got arrows on wifi? I see nothing new in my Lumia 925! I didn't even got those arrows for indicating data download! Waste!

No
    07-16-2014 04:33 AM
    Updated to Cyan last night. I'm on Vodafone UK. There were two updates, the first to prepare for 8.1, then the 8.1 update itself. I didn't use the developer preview, preferred to wait. Pleased with the update, transparent live tiles, 3rd column of live tiles, notification and action centre (very pleased with that!), the device hub is handy, auto updating apps (love it), I like that the signal strength is always visible, calendar is much more useful to me now with the week view, looking forward to trying out wi-fi sense, and ordered a treasure tag today! Hoping cortana will be available in the UK soon,I know I could switch regions but I'm the patient type.
    Xylin and Chris Sandiford like this.
    07-16-2014 04:35 AM
    Yeah I've got arrows on my WiFi and Data icons. To be honest that's about the only thing I've noticed different from the DP though. Seems a little smoother, but that could be placebo. I don't really feel like Cyan has brought anything to the table, not like the previous Nokia specific updates.
    07-16-2014 04:37 AM
    Has anyone performed hard reset and started fresh after the update? Also how's the battery life, has it shown any improvements at all? (i know it's too early to ask)
    07-16-2014 04:45 AM
363 ... 45678 ...