Official 925 Cyan Thread

Tony Simmons

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
My Jawbone Era Bluetooth headset volume seems to be higher. I'm not sure if this is related to the previous post sound improvement or a Bluetooth improvement. Either way it's a welcome improvement.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi if anyone here has downloaded Cyan I wanted to ask if it has added any improvements in the camera, primarily in speed?
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

smalls_escobar

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
One question referring to action center, did the cyan update included battery saver in the action center? Will be a great idea for energy consumers like myself. Someone plz respond

hmzshaw

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey, did any one get the Bitlocker Recovery screen after the update! I got one and I am wondering how to get my phone back.

Getting this screen is just stupid!

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
No, I dont see living image at all.

In fact, I dont see any specfic Lumia Cyan new features are for 925. I think all the new features are from wp8.1, not Cyan, any idea?

Kristiyan Bogdanov

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I've got the German county variant here in Germany and I have the update since a few hours.

First of all. I am very disappointed that the update dropped Living images. You can see in the conversations post for yourselves that this is only for new 1520, 930 and 630. It worked very nice on previous Nokia Camera Beta versions, while it lasted :(

Finally I can connect my Treasure Tag due to BT LE 4.0 support, but oh wait... My battery of the TT died while waiting for the update. Now at least scanning the integrated NFC doesn't open the app in the store, and the app on the phone recognises it, but they don't really connect. Well, I buy a new battery tomorrow.

I am also very disappointed, that although this is named the official Windows Phone 8.1 release, Cortana still only works when region is set to USA. This was a dumb decision in the first place... I don't mind speaking with Cortana in English, or using the phone UI in English. In fact, I prefer it. But why on earth, the region setting must be to USA. I live in Germany!... I am actually from Bulgaria, and I am going to visit my home country for a few weeks. I'd like to switch my region to Bulgaria, but oh now it must keep it to USA - or no Cortana!... Genius. It almost keeps me from using their very private, very "limited" beta... /s

Project my screen didn't get the anticipated Wi-Fi support (some of us thought drivers would add this in Cyan, but no). I am sure that they can do it, but I guess those limitations make the new 930 and 630 look cooler...
Edit: Oh great! Now even the normal USB connection doesn't work for Project my screen! I used it before, I have the app on the PC, I am sure it worked fine. Oh gosh, I wanted to record some screencast videos...

Remember the hidden USB settings that Daniel sees on his 930? Well they're not unhidden in this update, at least for the L925... Not that they really do something.

I waited for this update with huge expectations, but overall, I don't see any change over WP 8.1 DP
And no, there is no tap to lock, this is b.s.

P.S. about the battery performance... to all of the readers... Please don't ask about this today! Probably all of us, with the updated Lumia 925's have our devices plugged in for the update, some have made a reset, or/and reinstall apps, then we'll be heavily testing the new update, for the next hours, today, and maybe the next day.... Let us test our phones at least a few more days, so we could properly asses battery performance with normal usage ;)

Last edited:

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes I got my update few hours ago for my Germany Vodafone 32GB special edition.

Looks like I am correct that there are no (correct me if am wrong) specific new features/improvement from Cyna except the Wp8.1 upgrade, what a big disappointment as compared to those previous BLACK update for example.

I understand that Nokia or MS needs to promote 930 or whatever, but it's stupid to say it's a new Cyna upgrade when the only thing I got is 8.1, why dont you release it earlier than if there is no change for the Cyna update.

zsolo1111

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
So are we gonna get another offical update, to get out from the developer preview,or that's the final version? Because the apps still not optimazed,if i clear the message in the notification center, the number is still there on the tile. Sorry for my sitty english.

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Quick review,
* no living images
* no double tap to lock
* extra+info now available at notification center
* touch sensitif become less responsif after cyan update. Before cyan i use normal sensitif setting and its perform well.
* litle arrow icon on top of signal bar (maybe wifi as well)

Update: Additional writing Language France and Arabic on my l925 UAE version

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So are we gonna get another offical update, to get out from the developer preview,or that's the final version? Because the apps still not optimazed,if i clear the message in the notification center, the number is still there on the tile. Sorry for my sitty english.

Number in live tile indicated how many message unread. Notification only notify you when there is anything new (messagea, email, etc). Got it?

Jose Zambrano

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I did the update and it went they and something strange i did the the 8.1 developers a while back and today I did the so called cyan update but the update went and we I check today and in the extras it still says black??/ what gives...and I did all the updates for the developers 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa