Official 925 Cyan Thread

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Could it be that some of the features need app updates to enable them? You'd think they would have been delivered along with the update, but maybe it's not possible and they'll come through the store at some point.

The apps your referring to are already updated and it is written in the description e.g Nokia camera got updated before some time ago and it brought support for living images and autofocus and said that it would only work with 930,929,1520 only running cyan firmware.That's it.
Creative studio on the other hand ain't updated

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I'm not the only one disappointed with this update... Don't find a single new feature compared to dp8.1. No living images, Dolby surround, royalist for speakers... NOTHING!!! :mad: only diff I can find is Lumia Cyan is displayed in extras+info.. #feeling angry

Why the big hype, if nothing was planned to be included? MS simply seeking attention?? #MSidiots

They bring in new models every month and only gives the updates to the latest!! The previous flagship phone owners are left just like that!!:mad:

The previous flagship owners are restricted by hardware( the chip they use). Also, Lumia Cyan is merely firmware, it isn't supposed to do more than optimize 8.1 for the individual device

Saikrish

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
1) No brightness control..
2) Battery is draining faster..
3) No Audio improvement even on headset..
4) Camera improvement can be felt obviously...
5) Faster & Smoother UI than the previous...
Overall, it's nothing but making the Developers Preview into licensed 8.1 update
Didn't found any changes in this update like Brightness control, Sound Quality etc
******DONT EXPECT MUCH******
May be those goodies will add in the near future update..:)

Last edited:

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a feeling that even though MS says its official out, I have a feeling that its another pilot (at least I hope) because things like lumia colour brightness and sound popping in videos scrubbing should be standard, the lumia 925 isn't a low end device, so I think that maybe when the release gets more and more maybe they'll introduce the features which were supposed to be in the update for all devices. The current cyan update sounds like its done very little to Taylor the whole OS experience to each phone. Atm, seems the same as the dp to me from what people are saying

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The previous flagship owners are restricted by hardware( the chip they use). Also, Lumia Cyan is merely firmware, it isn't supposed to do more than optimize 8.1 for the individual device

The only hardware limitation is fir miracast and some sensor core stuff... the quad core chipset has nothing to do with living images, Dolby 5.1 surround equalizer for the speakers.. etc and other rumored features.. Living features was working in camera beta for older models as well... Looks like they have simply restricted the features to the current flagships..!!!

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I know you guys do, but I couldn't care less whether surround sound or Dolby stuff or autofocus comes or not. My Lumia 920 camera is perfectly fine for my needs. The only thing I am craving cyan for is the video popping when scrubbing... It's been driving me crazy ever since the dev preview was launched... But looks like cyan doesn't bring this either... So much for it being tailored to each device... Hopefully in future app/cyan releases, or even better, hopefully for by the time the cyan update gets released for my phone in my region for my carrier

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep.. maybe.. we will be getting in the future... But seriously, i'm fed up with the build up/ hype of these upcoming updates... And finally when the update arrives... Voila!!! u just have 1% of all the rumored features... :/

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I almost feared something like this would happen. So basically for all owners of previous flagship phone like 925 or 1020 who are already running 8.1 DP installing Cyan is more or less a waste of time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa