Official 925 Cyan Thread

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not Found any of Nokia Goodies...Sorry Microsoft..

1) No brightness control..
2) Battery is draining faster..
3) No Audio improvement even on headset..
4) Camera improvement can be seen...
5) Faster & Smoother UI than the previous...
Overall, it's nothing but making the Developers Preview into licensed 8.1 update
Didn't found any Nokia elements in this update...:( it's totally time waste and data waste for my 925..
Should see what comes to my 1520..

Not Found any of Nokia Goodies...Sorry Microsoft.. At least contact Nokia employees to know how to put a smile on their faces with an update..

Seriously?! What Nokia elements do you want? You received the biggest update for Windows Phone today ever since, and you are claiming that as time wasting? Not everyone has the DP installed. For those who are new to the WP8.1 update will be very thrilled, especially the new extra column, transparent tiles, action center and word flow. Consumers don't care if it is a MS or Nokia update because to them, this is the Windows Phone update. When they read something from this link, these are the things which they are looking forward to. Don't downplay the Cyan update please as it is suppose to make your phone more stable than the DP.

Why don't you flash your phone back to 8.1 DP instead since you are feeling so disappointed.

Last edited:

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
@chmun77 : He is exactly referring to the people with dp8.1 . What kind of people do you think visit these forums? Most of the tech enthusiasts have the dp8.1 installed.. and were following all the articles regarding the new features closely that was rumored to roll out with CYAN!! No one is downplaying cyan... All are frustrated with the unwanted hype created by MS.. and the so called future leaks bull****!!

Especially when a company keeps tweaking there future plans/ features... and finally when you get that update... you dont get any of it.... Customers do care...!! though not the normal customers.. most of the techy ones in these tech sites DO!!!!!!!!

And lastly, why should anyone roll back to dp8.1 ?? Just coz. you can rollback an update, does it mean the company can roll out any crap?! Atleast avoid the unwanted build-up next time.. Thats what all the frustation is about!!

Saikrish

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Seriously?! What Nokia elements do you want? You received the biggest update for Windows Phone today ever since, and you are claiming that as time wasting? Not everyone has the DP installed. For those who are new to the WP8.1 update will be very thrilled, especially the new extra column, transparent tiles, action center and word flow. Consumers don't care if it is a MS or Nokia update because to them, this is the Windows Phone update. When they read something from this link, these are the things which they are looking forward to. Don't downplay the Cyan update please as it is suppose to make your phone more stable than the DP.

Why don't you flash your phone back to 8.1 DP instead since you are feeling so disappointed.

Hi...actually I shouldn't use the words "waste of time"..sry for that
As I was expected much nd awaited much for this update thought that it would includes the "elements" u quoted against me like was Brightness control which would make my 925 more battery efficient
As u said not many people use DP..Yes they feel thrilled to see the changes we already felt on DP..
So..i don't want to spoil their excitement and happiness.. Hence I take back my words which r rude in my comments..
Thank u mate:)

Last edited:

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone got arrows on wifi? I see nothing new in my Lumia 925! I didn't even got those arrows for indicating data download! Waste!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys, have you forced the store for updates (or use SysApp Pusher)? Usually the additional nokia goodies need updates to the system apps. If I recall prior to these updates, the system apps would be updated. But since now MS are in charge, I suspect its going to be the other way round now lol.

dillspooch

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Updated to Cyan last night. I'm on Vodafone UK. There were two updates, the first to prepare for 8.1, then the 8.1 update itself. I didn't use the developer preview, preferred to wait. Pleased with the update, transparent live tiles, 3rd column of live tiles, notification and action centre (very pleased with that!), the device hub is handy, auto updating apps (love it), I like that the signal strength is always visible, calendar is much more useful to me now with the week view, looking forward to trying out wi-fi sense, and ordered a treasure tag today! Hoping cortana will be available in the UK soon,I know I could switch regions but I'm the patient type.

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone got arrows on wifi? I see nothing new in my Lumia 925! I didn't even got those arrows for indicating data download! Waste!

Yeah I've got arrows on my WiFi and Data icons. To be honest that's about the only thing I've noticed different from the DP though. Seems a little smoother, but that could be placebo. I don't really feel like Cyan has brought anything to the table, not like the previous Nokia specific updates.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone performed hard reset and started fresh after the update? Also how's the battery life, has it shown any improvements at all? (i know it's too early to ask)

anon8950442

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
If you were already on the Developer Preview 8.1 this "firmware" update is a big dissapointed.
o new features, no live lockscreen, no living images, no brightness slider. Sometimes (at night) the automatic brightness option is darker then the "Low" mode. I wish I could manually set it to that level...

If you'd think what would be the most handy toggle to put as notification fast access icon, for me it would be turning battery saver on and off. Still this is not possible :/

bromoid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I got arrows on wifi and data connection. Audio volume seems to be little higher and audio quality just a little bit better. That's about it. With firmware version gone from 3051.40000.x.x to 3051.50009.x.x you can't expect a lot of new stuff. Nokia camera developer Juha Alakarhu on AMA Reddit explicitly stated more than once that new camera features & improvements will only get these phones: 1520, 930/Icon and 630/635 (only continuous autofocus feature). I suggest to everyone to hard reset their phones if they have any issues. Hard reset can solve a lot of problems and it's almost painless experience with WP8.1 backup features.

sadiq.na

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I got update from india but 925 firmware may be of UAE since I bought it from Dubai.Anyway many other indian pals are getting update,wait u will get .I had also this waiting while I was trying for Developer Preview,luckily this time not !

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So is there any way to clear the live tile without going in to the app?

I think it's up to developer to allow tile count to be cleared if the notification is cleared. The mail app clears the tile count whenever I clear the notification from the action center, but Whatsapp, WPC app don't.

Soumalya24

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Post upgrading to Windows 8.1, my facebook app is not working. it shows an error "Oops, something went wrong, please check your account information". I'm entering the credentials correctly and it can be done through IE browser. Please someone help me out.

Secondly the flash is not working at times, is an issue of the hardware or there is an issue with the camera app?

Ikkari

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I got Cyan yesterday the only thing i noticed so far are small arrows above the signal bar or the Wi-Fi icon when data is transmitted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720