Official 925 Cyan Thread

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you have to do anything like factory reset or you got the update normally?

No i did nothing. Just went to settings and checked for updates and started downloading the update thats it. Within 10 mins update was downloaded and ready to install. It was not a big update as i was developer preview had to download only the firmware update.

specmania

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Problems I am facing with Cyan update.(Lumia 925 India)
1. Can not open Glance settings. It crashes backs to settings page.
Had 8.1 dev preview before and was able to access glance settings. Glance was turned off since I was facing random shut downs.
2. Skipping through video still makes "thud" thud noise.
3.Toggling ON data connection via cellular+ SIM settings does not activate GPRS/EDGE everytime. A restart always solves the issue.
Missing features:
3 Fifth icon in action center and toggle for mobile data in action center.

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Care US told me via Twitter "5.1 Dolby.... is only available to Lumia 1520, 930 and Icon". Also they told Brightness profile is under Display settings. But I didn't find any brightness profile in my Lumia 925 after Lumia Cyan update. Also I think Equalizer for speaker is also available only to 1520,930 and icon. ANYONE TRIED NSU OR NSRT FOR INSTALLING 8.1 FULLY AND GOT BRIGHTNESS PROFILE?
IS THERE ANY LUMIA 925 USER WHO DIDN'T INSTALLED DEVELOPERS PREVIEW AND UPDATED WP8 TO WP8.1+LUMIA CYAN WHEN OFFICIAL UPDATE ARRIVED? IF THERE PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER YOU HAVE BRIGHTNESS PROFILE UNDER DISPLAY SETTINGS...

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
Problems I am facing with Cyan update.(Lumia 925 India)
1. Can not open Glance settings. It crashes backs to settings page.
Had 8.1 dev preview before and was able to access glance settings. Glance was turned off since I was facing random shut downs.
2. Skipping through video still makes "thud" thud noise.
3.Toggling ON data connection via cellular+ SIM settings does not activate GPRS/EDGE everytime. A restart always solves the issue.
Missing features:
3 Fifth icon in action center and toggle for mobile data in action center.

Problem 2 is in my lumia 925 when in DP an in Lumia cyan. Fifth icon in action center is for Lumia 1520 and toggle for mobile data is not available or not included in wp8.1. Hope it will be in future OS updates...

Shivam Chandel

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Care US told me via Twitter "5.1 Dolby.... is only available to Lumia 1520, 930 and Icon". Also they told Brightness profile is under Display settings. But I didn't find any brightness profile in my Lumia 925 after Lumia Cyan update. Also I think Equalizer for speaker is also available only to 1520,930 and icon. ANYONE TRIED NSU OR NSRT FOR INSTALLING 8.1 FULLY AND GOT BRIGHTNESS PROFILE?
IS THERE ANY LUMIA 925 USER WHO DIDN'T INSTALLED DEVELOPERS PREVIEW AND UPDATED WP8 TO WP8.1+LUMIA CYAN WHEN OFFICIAL UPDATE ARRIVED? IF THERE PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER YOU HAVE BRIGHTNESS PROFILE UNDER DISPLAY SETTINGS...

No its not included in wp8.1 but might be in gdr1....

Dolfi

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Can't see any update here, on my lumia 925 DP, Albania ...
And BTW there are some problems I would like to mention on DP, the phone gets to heat even when I am not doing heavy stuffs, and most of the time when I plug in my earphones I can hear only from the left side, a restart fixes this ... any idea ...

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Why it is not on my 925?

don't know.. i have updated my lumia 925 from Developer Preview and those arrow just appeared.
But.. the documentation i linked says this:
OEMs can display a data transfer indicator on a phone’s status bar for mobile operators that require it. When this feature is enabled, an arrow is displayed above the cellular data connection icon or Wi-Fi connection icon to indicate that data transfer is occurring.

So *maybe* Nokia has enabled this only in Cyan and your operator doesn't support it

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
well I know that feeling, when you wait for something so desperately and BOOM!!! you get nothing!!!

Come on mate firmware update is to stabilize OS if you have a preview version then you only get the firmware it's just a set of drivers to run the hardware in good way!!!

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Those who have dev preview and have not already updated to Cyan might not be able to update now without rolling back to wp8. I am saying this as some Lumia 625 users are reporting that they are not able to update although they got the update notification.

Also, Nokia conversations has mentioned here that device needs to be rolled back: http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/07/16/update-lumia-cyan-smoothly/

Note: This is UNCONFIRMED yet

BDub0817

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The features you are whining about are for the new phones. The old hardware doesn't support them but you still received the updated core functionality. Every platform experiences this when updating old hardware. I guess if 8.1 wasn't available for your old phone what would say then? Android and iPhone experience the same issues, your old phone may not include the technology to support the new features in the latest OS release.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
nerezajy.png

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb