Official 925 Cyan Thread

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guyz the update stopped with some error during installation but when i again checked for the update it says my phone is up to date
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

ricky2venki

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi..Im from India and having 925 with dev preview enabled im trying from the time it was said the update released i still didn't get any update is there something i need to do ?

paramsingh

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So I've read through the entire post and it seems like camera performance is a mixed issue but no one has really confirmed if green/yellow hue still exists and also if the image look sharper. Can the users on this post confirm if they think image quality has improved, and if the camera performance (shutter speed, continues focus) has also improved.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So I've read through the entire post and it seems like camera performance is a mixed issue but no one has really confirmed if green/yellow hue still exists and also if the image look sharper. Can the users on this post confirm if they think image quality has improved, and if the camera performance (shutter speed, continues focus) has also improved.

I mean seriously...come on guys! :D Does no one in this thread know how to check the camera?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I heard that the only features which are for newer hardware are those to do with Dolby audio recording stuff and camera autofocus stuff. Things like creative studio 6, display brightness profile, no 'thud' when scrubbing a video should be present for existing hardware afaik.

If not all the above then at least the scrubbing 'pop' or 'thud' sound should be fixed by cyan, at least that's what wpcentral said

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
@chmun77 : He is exactly referring to the people with dp8.1 . What kind of people do you think visit these forums? Most of the tech enthusiasts have the dp8.1 installed.. and were following all the articles regarding the new features closely that was rumored to roll out with CYAN!! No one is downplaying cyan... All are frustrated with the unwanted hype created by MS.. and the so called future leaks bull****!!

Especially when a company keeps tweaking there future plans/ features... and finally when you get that update... you dont get any of it.... Customers do care...!! though not the normal customers.. most of the techy ones in these tech sites DO!!!!!!!!

And lastly, why should anyone roll back to dp8.1 ?? Just coz. you can rollback an update, does it mean the company can roll out any crap?! Atleast avoid the unwanted build-up next time.. Thats what all the frustation is about!!

Is not about if he is referring to people using DP or not. Did Nokia mentioned anywhere that Cyan will bring new features to the table? No! So, why do we need to get disappointed? Cyan is about making Lumia models even smoother than the DP. And perhaps some bug fixes along the way, as well as laying out the path for more Nokia apps coming in the future. From what I read so far, hypes are created by tech enthusiasts ourselves more than MS / Nokia.

So, I have no idea why are you people getting so worked up that Cyan has no additional features from Nokia. If one is so disappointed with Cyan and feeling that it is waste of time, uninstall Cyan and go back to DP. Simple logic. Being tech enthusiasts I think we should know that NOT every update comes with visible new features.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi...actually I shouldn't use the words "waste of time"..sry for that
As I was expected much nd awaited much for this update thought that it would includes the "elements" u quoted against me like was Brightness control which would make my 925 more battery efficient
As u said not many people use DP..Yes they feel thrilled to see the changes we already felt on DP..
So..i don't want to spoil their excitement and happiness.. Hence I take back my words which r rude in my comments..
Thank u mate:)

I do understand you are looking forward to more features from Nokia. But at this point of time, I will prefer to have a stable version first since 8.1 is really a massive update which MS released ever for Windows Phone. They are laying the ground work for future updates. Who knows the brightness control will come eventually? In fact, I hope that the volume sliders will be displayed on the action center as well because it is hidden quite deep within the OS.

Anyways, is cool. We are all excited about the updates for sure. Expectations are everywhere.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you were already on the Developer Preview 8.1 this "firmware" update is a big dissapointed.
o new features, no live lockscreen, no living images, no brightness slider. Sometimes (at night) the automatic brightness option is darker then the "Low" mode. I wish I could manually set it to that level...

If you'd think what would be the most handy toggle to put as notification fast access icon, for me it would be turning battery saver on and off. Still this is not possible :/

I think living images are device dependent? 1020 is not getting that too. Brightness slider? MS should have added that in the first place on the action center and I was disappointed about that from day 1 when 8.1 announced. But you can customized the preset brightness level though. I would like to see volume slider on the action center as well.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Singapore running the wp8.1 dev preview and I'm not getting the update on my 925. If it's true that we need to revert to wp8 just to get the cyan firmware and official release, MS really screwed this one up. They promised that we would get the official update when it's out. What's this??

They said you might need to revert. They're saying how to fix just in case it doesn't go as supposed.

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
No all being well you WILL NOT need to revert as officially there is no such thing. Officially, I said. The cyan update (the firmware half of the update) should come to you even when you're on the dev preview. And if there is a newer version of 8.1 official consumer release as well, that will be pushed to your device as well even if you're on the dev preview

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I do understand you are looking forward to more features from Nokia. But at this point of time, I will prefer to have a stable version first since 8.1 is really a massive update which MS released ever for Windows Phone. They are laying the ground work for future updates. Who knows the brightness control will come eventually? In fact, I hope that the volume sliders will be displayed on the action center as well because it is hidden quite deep within the OS.

Anyways, is cool. We are all excited about the updates for sure. Expectations are everywhere.

The cyan firmware is meant to make the OS stable, yes. But by reading the comments in the forum it seems that the cyan firmware makes the OS no more stable than the developer preview was in the first place. The popping while scrubbing in videos was an instability which wasn't addressed in the cyan update. One person reported glance refusing to load from his settings after cyan was installed. I think that this was a premature release, and I think that MS pulled it because I heard one person saying that they got an update, but couldn't download it cause of battery low message. Then after the phone charged, they checked again and no update. I also think that the update that was done to the dev preview (12400) was a test at a fix for those experiencing issues with cyan (although no one with cyan got the update, it's likely that they will because anything that goes on dev preview is usually ore release consumer software).

Maybe this dev preview update also got pulled because of some bugs or something, because by the time I got onto WiFi there was no update to be found. MS pulled this one too.

I don't know what is happening but my guess is that cyan didn't work as expected, MS pulled the update, dev preview got a pre release of the wp8.1 update which might help cyan work better, there was something wrong with that update, MS pulled that one too.

So I hope that all devices get one final update to level everything now. Coz now we have people on wp8.0, we have people on dev preview 12397, we have people on wp8.1 12397 with lumia cyan, and we have people on dev preview 12400.

I hope MS fixes what is wrong if there is anything wrong, and gives everyone a new version of wp8.1, maybe 12450?? Or something to level it out a bit. Because its a bit of a mess at the moment

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Singapore running the wp8.1 dev preview and I'm not getting the update on my 925. If it's true that we need to revert to wp8 just to get the cyan firmware and official release, MS really screwed this one up. They promised that we would get the official update when it's out. What's this??

Microsoft's statement regarding the issue:
"We are currently investigating the issue. We have paused delivery of the update to customers using the Preview for Developers, and will resume once a fix is in place. Customers whose phones have been affected should use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to return your Lumia to a normal commercial software state before downloading the Lumia Cyan update."

source: Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

Soumalya24

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
No mobile data notification button available, Ms should get this in the next update. Battery is consumed more i somehow feel. Guys what do you feel about?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077