Official 925 Cyan Thread

simfender

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Just to show you how my Lumia925 takes photos with the Cyan Update, maybe I will update the page with other photos in the evening.
Here it is: Lumia 925 Cyan Photo Test

Instead I want to say something...
...I bought my iPhone 4s at the end of 2011, Apple gave me updates for three years without limiting it so much. Yes is slower but, for now, I do not need of upgrade it (maybe when the six will be out). Lumia 925 is a one year old phone, in the 2013 infact it was one of the hi-end Lumia devices, I do not stand the Microsoft Strategy, I can understand the market strategy, but no microsoft, not now, do these things in th future in which you will be at the same level of others. 1 year old phone and no still "kill features", also with the last famouse update, oh yes background wallpaper and notification center with cyan update, goodmorning! The "fast" write system of the keyboard is nothing of new , WhatsApp application is still ridicolous , slower and limited in sharing videos (WhatsApp is not a microsoft application? ok, so does not the microsoft have the "power" of doing something? ). Also Looking for the declared function of the personalized brightness, just for testing, where is it?...ops only for 2014 high end devices. WTF!My phone's display is also mura effect affected! Arghhh very annoyed and deluded just because I like the SO (That was obviously the reason why I bought it) but still now, after the update I cannot go out without bringing my iPhone as well. ...A little thought...sorry for it.

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Simfender, there's a simple answer. No one is forcing you to stay on windows phone. Go get an iphone if you really want. Whatsapp is not made by Microsoft. Do you see apple or google telling app makers how to make their apps? Nope, so neither does Microsoft. I agree that whatsapp is still limited in some ways but that's purely Whatsapp's problem. Your phone has just had the windows phone 8.1/lumia cyan update, and you're not impressed? I guess you were on the developer preview then? Either way, windows phone 8.1 support runs until 2017. Your iphone 4s ain't gonna get updated to ios8 mate. And it is known that apple make their software run slower deliberately on older plones to prompt users to buy new hardware. Microsoft doesn't do that (sure I know what you mean about their strategy being weird, but thats because they had to pill the update because of a bug or something). So what I was saying is that if you have 8.1 on your 925 now, the updated version of 8.1 which you have in 2017 will be the same speed, if not even faster as the update will be fully fledged and not half baked like the apple ones for older hardware

simfender

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
WPUser2, I agree with you I'm not forced to stay with windows phone, I just hoped to stay with! all commercial things today are made with a countdown, the famouse market strategy we were talking about.
I do not care about older hardware, I usually change my phone after three years, so not a problem I love tecnology and I spend money for it.
I did not install the DP, I waited the final release since It was annunced. I wanted to buy my windows phone also for testing it and maybe choosing it for a valid sobstitute of the iPhone (I can say now that there are two kind of phones Windows Phones and iPhones, android is not my kind of stuff... so caotic).
We cannot know if apple or google tell app makers about their apps. Maybe not, but logically speaking if you know which are the most used apps you must to be assured that they work proprely and/or at the same level as others devices (by incentivate developers for instance). Ok, think extremist, WhatsApp is used in the whole world and it is not available for windows phone,will microsoft have a damage? The answer is Yes, so my stupid affermation in a certain way makes sense.
WhatsApp is only an example...

But without going offtopic anymore...I did not aspect these behaviours in cyan update, that's all, my 925 is still an high-end device for me ad I expect the maximum of it. Ok no dolby, ok no raw photos, ok no continuos af, obviously ok no things related to the hardware. But no limiting software please ...not now

HyperionR

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
After update, wpcentral app live tile won't update. Any suggestions?
I have already uninstalled it and installed again with no luck.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
It's so annoying how many people complaining about green/yellow/red/purple/rainbow tint.......

Much worse when they show with screenshots of the screen to compare with pictures to prove it.

simfender

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
It's so annoying how many people complaining about green/yellow/red/purple/rainbow tint.......

Much worse when they show with screenshots of the screen to compare with pictures to prove it.

Maybe just because photo post processing is an annoying thing as well. Someone asked someone answered, it's the sense of a forum, isn't it?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Simfender, I agree totally with you that android is chaos, and I agree that whatsapp could be made better even after the major update, but I think that the thing that is limiting Microsoft to get apps on their side is their low market share. They somehow have to get people on their side first and then current app developers will support them. Its weird I know, and I'm not saying that everything that MS does is right or the good thing for WP but I don't think that the OS is limiting anymore (for the majority of users) and myself. As far as I can tell, it does everything that IOS can and more, just in a different way.

And yes, I also agree that some features that you expected to have in cyan for existing hardware aren't there, but I have a feeling that MS has stopped rollout of cyan and dev preview updates temporarily to fix that very problem (I hope)

Now I feel that WP is not limited by OS capability (put your brightness to 'hugh' 'medium' or 'low' and then set it to automatic. It will vary the brightness range based on whether you selected high, medium or low. I generally use a low brightness range, so I set mine to low then auto. Lumia auto brightness is really really impressive, and I'm still on lumia black firmware with 8.1 dev preview)

I think the limiting factor (for many people) is the apps, but I've found all the ones I need are there

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe just because photo post processing is an annoying thing as well. Someone asked someone answered, it's the sense of a forum, isn't it?

You guys are filling the whole forum with this non sense complain. That's the problem.

There's no problem AT ALL in Lumia 925 about it. Only some people with faulty device, which is expected, or just bad random situations.

Cyan Update will not bring any improvements about it. Because they don't even exist.

Vicente A George

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys! I don't know if someone already ask this but, after upgrading to cyan, you're able to use living images again? Sorry for poor English... Thanks in advance

simfender

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Rodrigo Mendes,

I like photography and I'm very disappointed about the post processing of my lumia 925 compared to my other devices. I tried two different 925 (the first one I returned for a huge mura effect) and I had the same behaviour in both, colours in photos ruined by post processing. Tried different things,see them in others monitors and so on...nothing. Searching on the web I found a lot of topics about this "issue" and it seems to be related to a bad/unbeautiful/incorrect (choose your best) post processing.

is it a real problem? for you... maybe not, for me...absolutely yes! easy, I do not like post processing of my lumia 925, you do, this does not mean you're right.

In conclusion I've never posted about camera of my lumia 925, someone asked in this thread how was the camera with cyan update, I though, I can reply with images, it could be useful to the community ( For posting photos I used my vps so I filled the forum only with few kbs of words ). Really Sorry for that...

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Rodrigo Mendes,

I like photography and I'm very disappointed about the post processing of my lumia 925 compared to my other devices. I tried two different 925 (the first one I returned for a huge mura effect) and I had the same behaviour in both, colours in photos ruined by post processing. Tried different things,see them in others monitors and so on...nothing. Searching on the web I found a lot of topics about this "issue" and it seems to be related to a bad/unbeautiful/incorrect (choose your best) post processing.

is it a real problem? for you... maybe not, for me...absolutely yes! easy, I do not like post processing of my lumia 925, you do, this does not mean you're right.

In conclusion I've never posted about camera of my lumia 925, someone asked in this thread how was the camera with cyan update, I though, I can reply with images, it could be useful to the community ( For posting photos I used my vps so I filled the forum only with few kbs of words ). Really Sorry for that...

My 925 camera take beautiful photos, with great colors and great fidelity. Of course sometimes goes wrond, but there's not a problem at all.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Rodrigo Mendes,

Well at least I'm thankful for those pictures you posted! In your opinion, did you notice any difference in the post processing compared to Lumia Black? or pre-cyan? The tint doesn't seem that bad, but I can definitely see some post-processing from your pics

Thomas Schindler

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
He guys,
am I the only one that is experiencing extreme poor battery life after the Cyan update?! I mean, really poor.
Apps seem to rain a lot of battery, and I just had a 30 min. phone call, and my charge dropped from 60% to 20%! And the new battery app shows that "phone" has like by far the highest usage, after Kakao Talk, which also drains ridiculous amounts! I guess the app had no update for 8.1 until now, maybe that's why. All other seem doing okish. But phone calls?

Anybody with the same problem? Maybe know how to fix it? A phone that cannot even let me talk for 30 min is, well, not a phone, even with the "smart" in front of it....

ptossowski

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know much of anything about WP, but I'm here in Canada and my 925 just updated with 8.1.

Didn't know it was out yet.

Anyway, when the install is done, I'll let you know if it works. I was just sitting at work when over the Wifi it told me the update was ready. First it had an update to prep the phone for 8.1. Then, after that, I checked for more updates and the 8.1 update was there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720