Official 925 Cyan Thread

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just updated to Cyan here as well. The problem with mine is that my camera stop functioning. Guess another round of warranty...previously sent it back because it refuses to boot up.

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Malaysia, it just got released 2 days ago if I'm not mistaken. Heard a lot people having the same problem as I am. This time round not sure it's hardware or software related problem

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I don't know much of anything about WP, but I'm here in Canada and my 925 just updated with 8.1.

Didn't know it was out yet.

Anyway, when the install is done, I'll let you know if it works. I was just sitting at work when over the Wifi it told me the update was ready. First it had an update to prep the phone for 8.1. Then, after that, I checked for more updates and the 8.1 update was there.

Go to settings > extras+info > more info and check the Manufacturer Name.
I just want to know the phone's variant.

simfender

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Well at least I'm thankful for those pictures you posted! In your opinion, did you notice any difference in the post processing compared to Lumia Black? or pre-cyan? The tint doesn't seem that bad, but I can definitely see some post-processing from your pics

I'm not noticing any "imporvement" about the post processing. I remember there was an update of the camera during wp8 with which I recognized that things went better. I'm saying that post processing of now is better than the past but not related to cyan update, I cannot say it certainly also because I started to re-use my lumia 925 after the cyan update. However I added other photos with comparison.

...I'm so interested in seeing personally how the raw format is! But I do not have any friend with a Lumia able to make it...

dariohead

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I have WP 8.1 / Cyan on my Lumia 925 for some days now and I am very pleased.

After upgrade, my Skype was crashing on startup (constantly) and my Accuweather app live tile was acting very weird. I then just uninstalled and reinstalled them and they now work great. Skype even seems to start-up a little faster than before. So try reinstalling apps if they give you trouble - worked great for me!

Also, after upgrade, and I don't know if it this is only subjective, but it seemed like the phone needed a 1 or 2 soft resets (meaning, turning it off and on again) until it really seem to be working flawlessly again.

+ Pros:
Didn't notice any battery issues (battery seems to last just a little bit longer than before).
The action center works great.
The improvement of separate sound volume settings is actually very good. This didn't annoy me before but I notice now how it is better.
I love the way you can have an image across your tiles now instead of only 1 colour.
The WP GUI seems just a little bit more snappier than before.
The SMS notification sounds stops playing now if you click on the SMS alert banner.

- Cons:
I noticed that the SMS sound alert is now limited to only some 3 seconds. This limitation was not there before.
The SMS delivery notification is still in the form of a SMS to your phone (and not a tick beside the sent message). This is the only WP feature that I really am a bit annoyed with and can't understand why they can't improve this to work like Android, iPhone or Whatsapp for example.

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Just updated to Cyan here as well. The problem with mine is that my camera stop functioning. Guess another round of warranty...previously sent it back because it refuses to boot up.

The simple not booting up can be fixed by a soft reset. Happened to my 920 as well. Press and hold the volume down and power key simultaneously for about 10/15 seconds and the phone should reset, even if it is crashed m, or even if previously didn't boot up or respond to the power switch. Just so you know when and if it ever happens again.

For the camera problem, I'd advise you to test the camera by using another app other than the default camera app. Try calling somebody via skype and see if the camera works then, if not then try another app like going into whatsapp and taking a picture from there. See what happens. If you can't find a solution this way, then maybe your camera is broken. I'm not sure what you should do then

Martin Cho

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
The simple not booting up can be fixed by a soft reset. Happened to my 920 as well. Press and hold the volume down and power key simultaneously for about 10/15 seconds and the phone should reset, even if it is crashed m, or even if previously didn't boot up or respond to the power switch. Just so you know when and if it ever happens again.

For the camera problem, I'd advise you to test the camera by using another app other than the default camera app. Try calling somebody via skype and see if the camera works then, if not then try another app like going into whatsapp and taking a picture from there. See what happens. If you can't find a solution this way, then maybe your camera is broken. I'm not sure what you should do then

I tried with several camera apps like Nokia Glem Me, Camera 360, Nokia Camera...all not working so not sure what's wrong now. Previously when I'm still using Lumia Black, rear camera works but front camera not working at all which is weird. Regarding the boot up thingy, it's caused by battery. Apparently it didn't charge at all hence that problem. Guess I will need to send it back again >_<

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My 920 doesn't charge when the none responsiveness happens. Try a soft reset

Sorry , cant think of anything about the camera other than it might be a hardware issue

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone knows the ETA of when AT&T releases their cyan/8.1 update?

Sent from Seattle
I had to stop laughing before typing this. But to answer your question, don't be shocked if the year is 2015 and you still haven't received the Cyan update. AT&T and Verizon would rather spit in your face and try to force you into buying a new phone, rather than give you an update. It is one of the reasons I dumped ATT for T-Mobile. That and no data caps or overage charges.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I had to stop laughing before typing this. But to answer your question, don't be shocked if the year is 2015 and you still haven't received the Cyan update. AT&T and Verizon would rather spit in your face and try to force you into buying a new phone, rather than give you an update. It is one of the reasons I dumped ATT for T-Mobile. That and no data caps or overage charges.

I rather stick with At&t...Out of the 4 major carriers in the US t-mobile will be my last option.

pSynrg

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 here - updated during the week. Last night on the (upright) Nokia wireless charger my phone froze. At 2:41am - I know this as Glance was frozen at that time. Soft reset brought it back but time and date were reset to some day in May (25th I think) and location was wrong. All else seems fine now after I manually input the location, date & time.

Anyone else experiencing such hard freezes. Kind of kills my phone as a reliable alarm! If this happened on a work day I'd be screwed...

Vellamoose

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 here - updated during the week. Last night on the (upright) Nokia wireless charger my phone froze. At 2:41am - I know this as Glance was frozen at that time. Soft reset brought it back but time and date were reset to some day in May (25th I think) and location was wrong. All else seems fine now after I manually input the location, date & time.

Anyone else experiencing such hard freezes. Kind of kills my phone as a reliable alarm! If this happened on a work day I'd be screwed...

Yes, I experienced the same thing last nite when I place the phone on the QI charger. Pressed on Vol down & screen lock button, after a short while 10-15secs the nokia word came on & phone was working again. Yes date was all out have to manually re-enter the current & all was fine.

One thing I noticed is that when I launched explorer, everything is in yellow or black in the browser. Is this a norm? How do I set it back to the original page default colour instead of all black & yellow? Anyone?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes, happens to my 920, I think its a glance issue. Not sure though. About the resetting of date and time after soft reset, that's normal with wp8.1. Mine is on dev preview and after soft reset my date and time is reset to may or something too. That's normal after a soft reset on wp8.1.

If its a glance issue, try turning glance off and use your phone normally for a couple of days, see if it makes a difference. My 920 used to freeze up nearly every day, even before the dev preview, but even with glance om, its behaving quite well, seems to have fixed itself. Not sure why. So just give it time, might fix itself like mine

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I experienced the same thing last nite when I place the phone on the QI charger. Pressed on Vol down & screen lock button, after a short while 10-15secs the nokia word came on & phone was working again. Yes date was all out have to manually re-enter the current & all was fine.

One thing I noticed is that when I launched explorer, everything is in yellow or black in the browser. Is this a norm? How do I set it back to the original page default colour instead of all black & yellow? Anyone?

Never had this after a soft reset. Maybe its the high contrast option? Go to settings, ease of access and uncheck high contrast. If that doesn't make a difference then all I can suggest is that you turn your phone off and on again, that fixes a lot of things in WP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers