Official 925 Cyan Thread

lorenzosjb

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Today the WP 8.1 cyan update has available to Movistar Costa Rica to the Nokia Lumia 925.

I begin with a 8.0 update which went perfectly, then I was asked to install a new update. So the upload went ok, and after that, I clicked the installation button, so ofter the screen became black with the :-( sign and the phone turned off.

So I turned on the phone, and the gears appear and after an hour there is no change.

What I can do?

Regards,
Lorenzo

cemt

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same issue here in costa rica and movistar is my provider too, did you change the rom or are you using the one that came with the phone?

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I had initially upgraded to 8.1 DP (Not Cyan as you know). i got frustrated with the battery life, so i downgraded to 8.0. After only a day i thought i could not live without transparent tiles, notification centre and a few other settings like disabling feedback on nav buttons. So i upgraded to 8.1 officially since the update is officially present in my region (Tanzania). I enjoy it more than 8.0. my only cry would be as anyone else's, the battery life, but i can also not complain that much about it because on moderate usage (3g on, wifi on for 3-5 hours, a few downloads, facebook, whatsapp and some few hours of browsing), i can get up to 15 hours. But normally 14 and somedays up to 16.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Today the WP 8.1 cyan update has available to Movistar Costa Rica to the Nokia Lumia 925.

I begin with a 8.0 update which went perfectly, then I was asked to install a new update. So the upload went ok, and after that, I clicked the installation button, so ofter the screen became black with the :-( sign and the phone turned off.

So I turned on the phone, and the gears appear and after an hour there is no change.

What I can do?

Regards,
Lorenzo

if it hasn't come good after an hour or so you will need to use Nokia Update Tool

cemt

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks boxa72, any other advice? I already tried 6-7 times, and every time the same issue, cog wheels with status bar, sad face, phone restart, cog wheels no status bar, restore the phone and again the same. I tried with and without sim, with and without login in.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks boxa72, any other advice? I already tried 6-7 times, and every time the same issue, cog wheels with status bar, sad face, phone restart, cog wheels no status bar, restore the phone and again the same. I tried with and without sim, with and without login in.

You used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it still didn't fix it???

cemt

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I did the recovery several times, that did fix the cog wheels issues, but then every time I tried to install 8.1 same issue again, I install a different rom and everything is working now, weird thing is I was actually using my product code rom and had a lot of issues, change to finland product code and everything is working perfect now.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah funny u say that coz with mine it said my phone wasn't supported when clearly it is but all is good now as I now have Cyan and Update 1

eReS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone from Poland has Cyan update available?
Official pages say it is available for all operators and for country version.
But my phone keeps saying that my SW is up to date. I have country version.

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile guy posted the following yesterday on one of their support forums:
"We appreciate your concern on the matter of the firmware update, and want you to have the latest and greatest for your device. As soon as the update passes testing and we begin to assist Nokia in rolling it out to devices, an update will be posted here:" [link you probably already know about] Software versions & updates: Nokia Lumia 925 | T-Mobile Support

I have two T-Mobile 925's on AT&T network, so watching this one. We are at the usual read-between-the-lines stage of waiting for a tardy update; interesting tmo comment about "begin to assist Nokia in rolling it out to devices". Given the European practice of having huge chunks of August off for vacation, it will be interesting to see when Nokia gets to this.

Stravincy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Maybe your phone is officially from a different country? Then you would have to wait for that specific country version update.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I had the same problem here in Brazil. My Lumia 925 is CV, but somehow it's linked to VIVO/Telefonica (a carrier). NCS solve it for me lol

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re Tmo version of 925
More reading-between-the-lines (or is it more like reading tea leaves or coffee grounds?):
The 925 how-to page at tmo support ( How-to guides: Nokia Lumia 925 | T-Mobile Support ) has been updated a few times in the past few days, most recently today. The page only shows the update timestamp, no changelog. My hopeful guess is that they are getting ready to update documentation to Cyan+WP8.1. But no evidence of that absent the fresh timestamps.

scoop1567

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
After I updated to Cyan, here's what I found:
A. Welcomed features:
1. Action Centre/Quick Setting
2. Web video: ability to jump to specific time
3. Touch-sensitive button (Windows & Search) - no more accidental presses, if you press them long enough.
4. Internet Explorer : unlimited tabs allowed
5. Independent volume level

B. Regressed features:
1. Web video - the time seek bar is awfully small, and sometimes it shows only on landscape view
Also, you can see white page (only a fraction of a second, it's very quick) when switching from portrait to landscape view. Very unelegant.
2. Internet Explorer - no more tab counter
3. Internet Explorer - tab arrangement is dynamic AND confusing.
On WP 8.0, the tab is arranged by the order you open them
On WP 8.1, the tab is arranged by which one you currently view. As the result, I often close the wrong tab.
No longer you can use back button to view previous tab. If you use 'open in new tab', pressing back will close the current tab.
4. WiFi - no option to 'turn off WiFi if phone is locked'
5. Photo quality seems to be worse (noisier night time photo)

C. Bugs - happen on Cyan but never on WP 8.0
1. My 925 often freeze, maybe every two days. I need to reset it (Volume Down + Power button).
2. After I reset/restart my 925, sometimes the time and date will go erratic... it will be set to 22 May 2014. The same happens to the clock, it will be set to sometime at 9. I will need to set up the correct time and date.
3. Internet Explorer often, without notice, close the page you're viewing. Or, it will quit all of a sudden, back to the Start page.
4. Sometimes the phone speaker give a 'crack' sound. This happens when the speaker is inactive.
5. Web video - sometimes the phone produces no sound. This is no hardware issue, the same thing happens on my 520 with Preview for Developers. Definitely software issue.

D. Still missing features:
1. Internet Explorer - no way to distinguish which tab is active.
2. No cursor on phone dialler.
Having no cursor on the dialler means:
1. Inability to edit wrongly entered number
2. Inability to add international code at the beginning of a phone number

Conclusion:
I do not like WP8.1 / Cyan. :unhappy:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
After I updated to Cyan, here's what I found:
A. Welcomed features:
1. Action Centre/Quick Setting
2. Web video: ability to jump to specific time
3. Touch-sensitive button (Windows & Search) - no more accidental presses, if you press them long enough.
4. Internet Explorer : unlimited tabs allowed
5. Independent volume level

B. Regressed features:
1. Web video - the time seek bar is awfully small, and sometimes it shows only on landscape view
Also, you can see white page (only a fraction of a second, it's very quick) when switching from portrait to landscape view. Very unelegant.
2. Internet Explorer - no more tab counter
3. Internet Explorer - tab arrangement is dynamic AND confusing.
On WP 8.0, the tab is arranged by the order you open them
On WP 8.1, the tab is arranged by which one you currently view. As the result, I often close the wrong tab.
No longer you can use back button to view previous tab. If you use 'open in new tab', pressing back will close the current tab.
4. WiFi - no option to 'turn off WiFi if phone is locked'
5. Photo quality seems to be worse (noisier night time photo)

C. Bugs - happen on Cyan but never on WP 8.0
1. My 925 often freeze, maybe every two days. I need to reset it (Volume Down + Power button).
2. After I reset/restart my 925, sometimes the time and date will go erratic... it will be set to 22 May 2014. The same happens to the clock, it will be set to sometime at 9. I will need to set up the correct time and date.
3. Internet Explorer often, without notice, close the page you're viewing. Or, it will quit all of a sudden, back to the Start page.
4. Sometimes the phone speaker give a 'crack' sound. This happens when the speaker is inactive.
5. Web video - sometimes the phone produces no sound. This is no hardware issue, the same thing happens on my 520 with Preview for Developers. Definitely software issue.

D. Still missing features:
1. Internet Explorer - no way to distinguish which tab is active.
2. No cursor on phone dialler.
Having no cursor on the dialler means:
1. Inability to edit wrongly entered number
2. Inability to add international code at the beginning of a phone number

Conclusion:
I do not like WP8.1 / Cyan. :unhappy:

I really recommend a hard reset for you.

Eduardo Wandscheer

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem here in Brazil. My Lumia 925 is CV, but somehow it's linked to VIVO/Telefonica (a carrier). NCS solve it for me lol

Lumia 925 CV WHITE MANAUS use the same FW version from VIVO. And NCS solve it for me too.. But my friend's 925 from VIVO didn't received Cyan update via OTA nor NCS

Last edited:

Luis Banegas

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've downloaded the official version but i can't install it, it just stays at the gears! is there a way to reset it without losing my pictures?

jeiiel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I've downloaded the official version but i can't install it, it just stays at the gears! is there a way to reset it without losing my pictures?

How long are the gears turning? There is usually a waiting period where it seems like it is idle and not working then it shoots to 3/4s of the way. I found that with my 925. One of the WPC guys. Daniel I think mentioned that is what happens when updating to 8.1. Otherwise backing up will save your photos or a soft reset (holding down volume down and power button at the same time for around 10 secs) might help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss