Anyone Ever Experience This With Their L925?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
First of all you can clearly see that the phone is struggling to maintain a steady signal, so the person is shooting the video in an area where his phone's signal is definitely not strong. Secondly i just tried it twice on my 925, none of the time my signal dropped a single bar of LTE

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Even when using my case I never experience a single problem with bad phone reception. I think the L925 is great to use as a phone. Don't worry, you'll probably be all right with the signal strength. ;)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
As some of you may know I am waiting for my Lumia 925 in the mail. I have been on these forums as well as other sites just researching about the Nokia Lumia 925 the past couple weeks. With that said has anyone experience this with their phone..? This guy kind of got me worried..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAb-wl9kz34

Absolutely not. I think you're panicking a bit too much. There is no "grip of death" with the 925. Hell, I had an iPhone 4 and there wasn't even a grip of death in that in spite of everyone saying that was an issue with that phone. The guy was probably in a dead zone. Notice he's also got EDGE showing on his phone. My 925 always has LTE or at least 4G showing when I have my data turned on.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm rocking an Amzer TPU case on my L925 and I never lose reception. I wouldn't worry too much about that, my L925 runs great with no issues.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely not. I think you're panicking a bit too much. There is no "grip of death" with the 925. Hell, I had an iPhone 4 and there wasn't even a grip of death in that in spite of everyone saying that was an issue with that phone. The guy was probably in a dead zone. Notice he's also got EDGE showing on his phone. My 925 always has LTE or at least 4G showing when I have my data turned on.

I go from no service, to 2g, to roaming (2g), to 4g, to LTE, and back multiple times a night as tmobile fades quickly to nothing in the rolling hills and rural area that I live/work in. I've never had a problem making a call so long as I had one bar of native service. There are times where the roaming fails to connect, but I will blame that on the tower not connecting my otherwise unauthorized device :)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The guy lives in a forest. So...

He spoke about Iphone 4 having a good signal, and I don't doubt that. But my girlfriend have a Iphone 5s and the signal quality is the same as Lumia 925 that I have. But Iphone shows good signal when not actually have any! She picks up her phone and guess what, no signal AT ALL.

The difference is the Lumia 925 shows the truth.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
One thing Nokia know how to do is make a phone that easily receives and makes calls even on low signal. Don't worry about it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Is your case bulky or slim? What is it made out of?

Sent from Seattle

I have a flip case, basically a hard cover with a flap to protect the screen. The hard cover is made out of quite thick plastic which also covers the plastic antenna molding, the flap is made out of fake leather with some soft fabric on the inside.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
never experienced that ever with my 925, most likely because that guy is on "Vodafone" who have by far the worst coverage in the UK, sometimes you don't even get 3G in big cities on Vodafone, I wouldn't worry.

Im on Three who have excellent strong signal so never experienced that.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Three UK have been excellent for me over the years, I can't praise them enough (no, I don't work for them btw), but I wouldn't even consider going to another carrier. I get a 4G signal most of the time for ?6.90 per month (SIM only deal obviously).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss