HERE DRIVE drain battery faster than charging!!!!

x420friendly

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
So i used HERE DRIVE today for like 4 hours, I use a car charger via usb port, it stays connect all the time. 4 hours later, there's 40% left... the car charger is working, it works on other devices.

I have brightness set to high, volume 30, location on, network 4g(not LTE), i took some pictures, like 3 or 4 pictures..

After the phone is at really really hot after 4 hours, it's so hot that i don't want to hold it long on my hand..

Now it's charging at home, and everything is fine...

Any solution to solve this problem?

I have a dedicated gps navigation unit, if there's no solution i ll just stick with dat and let the phone do other jobs.

firmware: wp8.0, black

925tmobile, i just got the phone a few days ago

TerryB9999

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
My problem was my car charger did not put out enough amps. Using a power sucking Note 3 right now.

Look for one of the heavy duty ones that will charge a tablet or iPad. Should be about 2.5 amps.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Here Drive does take a lot of power (it has to do a lot of calculations) but in my experience a good car charger can keep up. And that's probably where your problem comes from, your charger can't deliver enough power, you'll need a heavier one. The lighter chargers only deliver 500mA, you'll need 1A at least.

TerryB9999

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Here is the tag from a charger my company uses for a give away.
It will NOT keep up with my Note 3 if I am using it for turn by turn directions.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Attachments

• 20140630_185153.jpg
    20140630_185153.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 144

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Here Drive does take a lot of power (it has to do a lot of calculations) but in my experience a good car charger can keep up. And that's probably where your problem comes from, your charger can't deliver enough power, you'll need a heavier one. The lighter chargers only deliver 500mA, you'll need 1A at least.
Not sure that accurate. I have a standard car charger and have a 2A usb that supports 2 devices. Charges like a champ. Get a USB that has a 2A rating and make sure you either use the USB cable that comes with the phone or buy a quality one.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You also need to keep in mind that if your phone is on the dash it will heat up. That and the heat generated by using Here Drive will keep the battery from charging. When I use my CR-200, I run the A/C full blast through the defroster vents. This keeps helps with cooling and the charger can then keep up with battery drain. Even temps as low as 80F can make the phone get hot when on the dash.

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Some generic ATT models (in-store) will slow down or keep my 920 charged when I use HERE. I do not remember the name of the model unfortunately. It is black with a light up att symbol that flips to reveal a secondary charge port. (USBx1, microUSBx1). Good luck

Edit: the said model should keep your phone charging up to 100%.

Edit#2: this is what you need, and this should be the correct model. Hope this helps!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003K...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2620182

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
So i used HERE DRIVE today for like 4 hours, I use a car charger via usb port, it stays connect all the time. 4 hours later, there's 40% left... the car charger is working, it works on other devices.

I have brightness set to high, volume 30, location on, network 4g(not LTE), i took some pictures, like 3 or 4 pictures..

After the phone is at really really hot after 4 hours, it's so hot that i don't want to hold it long on my hand..

Now it's charging at home, and everything is fine...

Any solution to solve this problem?

I have a dedicated gps navigation unit, if there's no solution i ll just stick with dat and let the phone do other jobs.

firmware: wp8.0, black

925tmobile, i just got the phone a few days ago

For me the final solution is to use a Nokia original car charger of 1A + select the 2g connection when I use Nokia Here (instead 3g or 4g)
In this mode, the battery of my 920 phone slowly grows up

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion -
1. Use Nokia original charger
2. Here Drive > Settings > Battery Saver = ON and Connection = OFF (until you really need to go online to search anything).
That helped me to reduce the heat (to a limit only) and surely charged it faster.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, buy a good charger with enough power....like people said.
Also: Charge your phone to 100% before you get in the car. So your battery will not be used. Batteries hate heat, and dont like to be charged while being hot...that will kill them in the long term.
Other than that, i have no idea. My 620 is fine, i have 3G, Location, blabla everything on, screen on automatic. I just put it on standby sometimes, if i know the route or it says "follow for xxx kilometers"...

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Tested! Finally, my 920 charges instead of discharges when using Here Drive+ using Nokia car charger DC-17.

My advice: use original Nokia car charger; those dedicated for car use.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently tested out Here! while plugged into my car's outlet. The cable I used was w/o data, i.e., it does allow the maximum charge rate. In my home, a similar setup will charge my 925 battery at about 40% per hour.

When I went on my short test drive, I had less battery left than when I started! As they say, WTF?

Will be checking this out more closely.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
so you get 5.5 hrs or so, of sat nav before it will go flat. That's not too bad, you know. And you can turn the screen off and still get the voice directions, which'll save a bit of power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos