Does Lumia Cyan solve the yellowish/greenish camera issue ?

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Please, some (I think from Finland) can confirm if the new firmware Lumia Cyan solves the yellowish/greenish camera issue.

Thank a lot for the answers.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
In the latest bit of questions from the imaging AMA published on Nokia Conversations earlier today there was one particular question which caught my attention. It was about the 920 and camera improvements which might come with Cyan.

The reply was rather underwhelming. While he confirmed there will be quite some background and algorithm changes for the 1520 and 930, he stated the 920 will only get the improved software with Nokia Camera and Creative Studio.

While this is not the 925, there are lots of reports about color reproduction problems on all (former) Pureview flagships. Not too far stretched but it could mean there won't be any background improvements for 920/025/1020

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
To know if this problem it's gone, you need to take a picture in low light situation, with Flash ON or not, doesn't matter.

I think Cyan Update it's more about new phones. I really don't expect any improvements in Lumia 925 pictures. Still that, i love my Lumia 925 pictures. They are all awesome and better - much better - than 99% of others smartphones.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
In the latest bit of questions from the imaging AMA published on Nokia Conversations earlier today there was one particular question which caught my attention. It was about the 920 and camera improvements which might come with Cyan.

The reply was rather underwhelming. While he confirmed there will be quite some background and algorithm changes for the 1520 and 930, he stated the 920 will only get the improved software with Nokia Camera and Creative Studio.

While this is not the 925, there are lots of reports about color reproduction problems on all (former) Pureview flagships. Not too far stretched but it could mean there won't be any background improvements for 920/025/1020

If Cyan will not fix the issue then I will remains with Portico.... but this is an incredibile situation.....

Lumiaa620

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Every fw release the same story. Can't you get over it, we already now that 2012 lumias aren't gonna get love from MS/Nokia.
No complain and no petition will change that, let it be.
And still for the record and as shown on the forums already Portico vs Black isn't any "woho I got an slr".
Portico over sharpens things so they look "more beautiful" while fine detail is lost in zooming vs black where we lost the sharpening but the detail while zooming is still there (for black color issue yes on that one I agree its crap).

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You're still on Portico? I hope your atleast running WP 8.1

With Portico+WP8GDR1 is not possible to upgrade only the OS to WP8.1 :-( but I'm happy of my device because I bought the 920 for 3 reasons: quality call, web surfing, camera quality and with Portico I can have all of this three.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven