I Just Got My L925 In The Mail Today And...

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok I just got my L925 in the mail today and so far all I did was only set up pictures for each contact on my phone so I can see their photos when I call them but I have a question...If I delete these pictures in "photos" will their picture icon in contacts be deleted too..?

I haven't messed with any other features yet and so far I am loving how fast it is compared to my old android phone. Will give some impressions later if u guys are interested in reading my opinions..

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I am fairly new to windows phones. This is my first actually and I really like how smooth it runs so far. With that said I think I messed up. I don't know what I did in the "people" section all I remember was linking my google account, outlook account, nokia account and facebook account but now all my FB contacts is mixed in with my phone contacts. How can I change it back to only seeing the phone contacts I entered manually..?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am fairly new to windows phones. This is my first actually and I really like how smooth it runs so far. With that said I think I messed up. I don't know what I did in the "people" section all I remember was linking my google account, outlook account, nokia account and facebook account but now all my FB contacts is mixed in with my phone contacts. How can I change it back to only seeing the phone contacts I entered manually..?

Go into People, hit the "..." at the bottom and select settings

select the "filter contact list" option and go from there.
Do know that unchecking it merely hides them, they will show up if you search for them.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok I fixed it now..Thanks..

So far my impression is really good. I really love the people section and how convenient it is. Instead of opening the FB app to post a status I can just post here and it even says windows phone on my post. I also took some pictures with this phone and is very satified. I'm not an expert with the effects or settings yet on it but I'm sure I'll get good one day. lol

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
A few more questions guys. How do I know if I got the latest cyan update and would it be wise to update to WP 8.1 DP or just wait for the official..? I hear ppl complaining about the battery drainage and if that is the case I'll wait for the official 8.1

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
A few more questions guys. How do I know if I got the latest cyan update and would it be wise to update to WP 8.1 DP or just wait for the official..? I hear ppl complaining about the battery drainage and if that is the case I'll wait for the official 8.1

Nah just wait.
I wouldn't jump thru the DP 8.1 hoops.
Just get to know the phone first.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Nah just wait.
I wouldn't jump thru the DP 8.1 hoops.
Just get to know the phone first.

How do I check if I have the latest cyan update or whatever u call it?

Another thing I am worried about is how thin the phone is and if u are clumsy you can easily lose grip of the phone. Don't get me wrong I love the design but I am more concerned about protection first. Thank god I ordered a bulky case and a tempered glass screen protector that should be coming in the mail soon hopefully I get it tomorrow cuz Friday is a holiday.

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I also just got my 925 today. I'll never understand why it is so difficult to recover on a new device, but that's not my issue here...
I am trying to load 8.1, but it keeps getting stuck when trying to load.
I keep getting this error:
The update couldn't be downloaded.(801881d0)

Any help?

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you look in the settings, "about" will tell you the Windows Phone OS version and "extras + info" will tell you if it's Amber/Black/Cyan.

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well... Turns out my issue was due to slow WiFi...

By the way, my prior phone was a Lumia 920. This 925 feels like a floor model dummy compared to the 920. Very light. Very thin.

Very excited, just wish it had more storage!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...If I delete these pictures in "photos" will their picture icon in contacts be deleted too..? ..

Not necessarily. It should back up the photo as part of the contact info when you use cloud storage. For example. I have my contacts all synced with a specific Gmail account and when I synced that contacts list to my 925 I got contact photos from years ago and many phones previous...

Any pic you take on your phone can be saved/backed up to OneDrive.

Also go to Settings > Backup and enable all the categories.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot guys. I have another question how to change the size of a tile? My calculator tile just looks too big and out of place..

Sent from Seattle

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb