Why am I having problems with my brand new Lumia 925?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Just opened my brand new Lumia 925 with problems already!

Hello everybody !
I'm a WP regural, just switched from a Nokia Lumia 1020 to a 925, and after 25h with this new phone I arlready have several problems :

-Signal reception is really weak. I never have full signal reception and at home I often have NO signal ! It's like the signal is not working properly, with my precedent phone, the 1020 it wasn't the case,

- GPS not working correctly. Wit hWaze, Or here drive +, it sometimes disconnect by itself, and by sometimes I mean every 3 minutes. I thinks this phone have a real problem. Should I return it, or wait the official 8.1 if it could resolve all these problems ?

Thanks

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
re: Just opened my brand new Lumia 925 with problems already!

I would hard reset.
If the problems are still there then return the device as soon as possible.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
re: Just opened my brand new Lumia 925 with problems already!

I bought a 925 with the same problems signal,GPS,Bluetooth, wifi. All of them were not working properly. Nokia care replaced the phone for me

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 925 with the same problems signal,GPS,Bluetooth, wifi. All of them were not working properly. Nokia care replaced the phone for me

Great to hear that.

How is your experience?

I have a NL925 carrier t-mobile for about a year now. And my experience has been flawless.

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just opened my brand new Lumia 925 with problems already!

It would appear my secondary mic is no longer working, only had the phone for about 3 months. Has been fine until maybe a week ago. Can't use cortana and can't do voice to text with earbuds or a BT.

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

925 is not the same size in thin profile of the device. I prefer 925 and have had 0 issues with tmobile 925. GPS connects in all apps in almost a second and signal is better than any phone I've had. Always full LTE. I'd try reset and if no good call support and maybe exchange as maybe the unit is bad somehow because every Nokia I've ever owned is amazing signal wise.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

Great to hear that.

How is your experience?

I have a NL925 carrier t-mobile for about a year now. And my experience has been flawless.

My experience with the new replacement is flawless. As for the first unit, It was defective and I wasn't aware of all the hardware problems until I took it to nokia care and the guy there told me about it after some testing.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm on my second 925, and I have had more problems with signal strength on these phones than any others I've owned. I frequently have calls where it never rings or shows that there was a call, but it does go to voice mail. I wonder if it is possibly related to the aluminum case, although I had a Nokia N9 and never had any issues with it. I like the phone design, but the call situation has been somewhat frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss