Recommendations for screen protectors ?

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, it's me again... Loving my phone more than I should, too many selfies. Too many.
But now I have to be extremely serious, because there are miniscule scratches near my search key now.
Yeah, Gorilla Glass doesn't mean ' NO SCRATCHES ALTOGETHER ' It's my own fault for not putting one on.
I have some generalized screen protector for this phone currently, but placing them on ruined my day.
So now I would like to ask, do you have a screen protector on YOUR L925 & if you do, which one ?

If you would like to recommend me a case, hehe, I have a perfect one already :wink:
Thanks for all the help :)

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the armorsuit militaryshield for my 920.
Pros
?Self healing
?very strong- not easily damaged
?incredible warranty.
?Drys with no bubbles upon a day of setting.[wet app]
?Will NOT easily peel up. (easy removal though)

Cons
?Wet application
?Its a soft screen protector. (small, non-warping divots form (this isn't a problem)
?Dust can get in when applying.

❔I am not sure if it is made for the 925.❔

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Wet application of any 3M made screen protector film is always the best for the phone, but most difficult to apply properly (and you always want to ensure it has UV protection, otherwise it can yellow over time). The advantages of these screen protectors are they self-heal from scratches, they protect the entire screen edge to edge, don't allow foreign material, like lint and dirt, to get underneath the film, and they actually increase the durability/strength of the screen via the added layer of film mated to the glass (think of that thick window film applied to windows in hurricane zones. It prevents debris from penetrating and prevents glass from shattering/spider webbing. But again, this is the most difficult to apply and takes the longest to set/cure. Usually 3-4 days before air bubbles vanish.

Tempered glass screen protectors are good, but don't go edge to edge on the 925 and allow for dirt/lint to collect under the edges. It does mate to the gorilla glass, but not at the level of a 3M wet film type.

Last type of screen protector is the dry application. Easy to apply and remove, prevents scratches, can be minimally effective in minor drops to protect the screen from cracking, but still allows for lint/dirt collection around the edges of the film, since it does not go edge to edge on the 925.

If you want complete protection, buy a wet film application. And there are places that will install it for you if you buy it from them. I know some T-Mobile stores will do this.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Buy a good branded protector and it will go on just fine even with the dry technique. Plenty of good options on eBay and Amazon. Good luck.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I will second the ArmorShield for the 925. I've had both it and the Skinomi. The Skinomi was okay but the proximity sensor is cut out the wrong way.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs