Help! Instant Battery Drain on Lumia 925

Tayfun Tuna

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a Lumia 925 yesterday, used it for a while, and I left it to charge this morning. Then it reached 100%. I started using it, opened few apps, tried out the Refocus app. At that moment it didn't respond (screen stays black) and I reset the phone by pressing and holding the power button.

When the phone rebooted, the battery was 27%!!!

Do you think it will be a persistant problem? Have you encountered similar behaviour?

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've had a similar problem with my 820. It happened just twice, that too after I installed 8.1. Although, the battery meter says 27%, there's actually 100% charge in the battery. So it will last the same like it was 100%.

Tayfun Tuna

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I've had a similar problem with my 820. It happened just twice, that too after I installed 8.1. Although, the battery meter says 27%, there's actually 100% charge in the battery. So it will last the same like it was 100%.

Interesting, but then I plugged it in and now it's charging around 50%. Should I unplug? I don't know... Maybe I should let it charge to 100% again.

EDIT: It is now 100% again, after charging 10 minutes. That proves you're right. Thanks a lot!

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm on WP 8 and experiencing battery drain and I haven't even updated to 8.1 DP yet. Tried battery saver and still didn't work. Any tips? I'm losing like 10% each hour if I just leave the phone there without doing anything
Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on WP 8 and experiencing battery drain and I haven't even updated to 8.1 DP yet. Tried battery saver and still didn't work. Any tips? I'm losing like 10% each hour if I just leave the phone there without doing anything

Update your apps. Check how many apps are running in the background. Sometimes a poorly coded app can cause battery drain while running in background.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
How do I check what apps are running in background I just got my phone too

I upgraded to 8.1 a few months back so I've forgotten the exact procedure to find the background tasks in 8.0.

But I think you can find it if you swipe left in the settings.

yarvelling

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
A good tip for battery life, which I found here back in December (The thread is probably well buried by now though!) is to fully charge the phone to 100%, unplug and then use it till the battery is down to very low - below about 10%, recharge fully again, and repeat.....
I was having similar 'problems' that you describe at the time, and tried this tip... it kind of resets and 'trains' the battery!
I'm not a heavy user of the phone, but I do let apps update as needed, etc - I like them have full functionality all the time! I can now get upto about 48 hours between charges, but that of course will vary with use! :)
Hope this helps.....

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
A good tip for battery life, which I found here back in December (The thread is probably well buried by now though!) is to fully charge the phone to 100%, unplug and then use it till the battery is down to very low - below about 10%, recharge fully again, and repeat.....
I was having similar 'problems' that you describe at the time, and tried this tip... it kind of resets and 'trains' the battery!
I'm not a heavy user of the phone, but I do let apps update as needed, etc - I like them have full functionality all the time! I can now get upto about 48 hours between charges, but that of course will vary with use! :)
Hope this helps.....

Exactly. Especially when its a new phone, it's important to discharge the battery as much as possible and then bring to full charge. Then repeating the cycle.

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hope this helps.....

how many times did u repeat the cycle?

yarvelling

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
how many times did u repeat the cycle?

Ever since I found that tip, that's how I try to use the phone.... if the phone is only half-charged and I know I'm going to be out and using it for a while, I'll 'top it up', but normally I try and let the phone run down each time.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Battery is very bad on my lumia 925 :( all my background tasks are disabled. Only whatsapp is allowed. Still my battery lasts for maximum 5-6 hours.
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Some people here say with heavy usage they get 2 days battery back up. I only use whatsapp that not much and all other apps are disabled for background tasks i never crossed 7 hours yet then how on this earth they two days battery.

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

Warbird2017

May 13, 2014
Visit site
If you are on the developer preview you can go to sync my settings and turn of internet explorer. It helps a lot if you aren't so dependent on syncing other tabs and favorites from your laptop or pc

schetz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm new on wp so I'll just post few stuff I gathered on this forum from more experienced wp users..btw, I have really decent battery life on my 925, with moderate to high usage I have like 58 % left at the end of the day(don't play games though)..email is set to receive when arrive so no battery saving there for me.

so, here it is:
-do a hard reset after updating (if you are on wp 8.1 dp)
-do NOT use battery apps,except for Insider
-disable battery saver
-disable location when you don't need it
-I don't use double tap to wake, if it's necessary use it, otherwise :)
-check your list of apps that are allowed to run in background, I have Viber and Whatsapp (plus email etc)

List was supposed to be bigger but I forgot while writing.
Anyway, I highly recommend to read through the forums , you will get all the info you need..

ibenzawla

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the option of upgrading to the 925 for $150 on Tmobile but I'm now reluctant reading all these posts about battery issues. I may just get the new 635 or stick with my 521 for now. One other concern I have is the lack of SD card. The ability to install app on SD on my 521 is a God send really and now I am spoilt. But I heard the 925 is great phone otherwise.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the option of upgrading to the 925 for $150 on Tmobile but I'm now reluctant reading all these posts about battery issues. I may just get the new 635 or stick with my 521 for now. One other concern I have is the lack of SD card. The ability to install app on SD on my 521 is a God send really and now I am spoilt. But I heard the 925 is great phone otherwise.

Lumia 925 is a great phone. Even the battery is nice if you use your phone normally. Not heavy usage. I tried above given tips and yesterday my phone lasted for around 11 hours. Disabled all background tasks for apps which i use rarely and it worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99