Help! Instant Battery Drain on Lumia 925

luuch

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
One time my 925 went off while I was charging it. It came back on but the battery icon was red, empty and said 0% (it was about half full before this happened). I restarted the fone and the phone was suddenly 3/4 full. Happened to anyone?

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got a 925 from T-Mo for $150 last week and no problems with battery life. I use it normally and there is no issue getting through the day. I usually set it on my Qi wireless at the 17-18 hour mark and it is fully charged and ready to go when I get up in the morning. I like this phone more than my 1520.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Newbie question but what is the purpose of background tasks? If I leave it on what does it do?

Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk

Simple example is if you stop background task for whatsapp you won't get notifications when you exit the app. You will have to open the app to receive messages. Now did you get what background task is?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be a faulty device as I don't think 5-6 hrs battery life is normal behavior, especially after doing hard reset and turning off all background running apps.

I am at about 36hrs in average, got 3 email accounts with hourly sync, wifi: always on, double tap to wake: on. Have about 10mins of phone calls and 0-5 SMS. Mostly all apps are disabled from running in the background, except Calendar, Cortana and Bing Weather.
Important to say, once I open IE and browsing internet it drains very quickly.
I can imagine, I could get to 2-3 days with wifi off.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
A good tip for battery life, which I found here back in December (The thread is probably well buried by now though!) is to fully charge the phone to 100%, unplug and then use it till the battery is down to very low - below about 10%, recharge fully again, and repeat.....
I was having similar 'problems' that you describe at the time, and tried this tip... it kind of resets and 'trains' the battery!
I'm not a heavy user of the phone, but I do let apps update as needed, etc - I like them have full functionality all the time! I can now get upto about 48 hours between charges, but that of course will vary with use! :)
Hope this helps.....

This is not needed with Lithium ion (Li-on) batteries.

Wiki:
Battery life
Rechargeable battery life is often stated in number of charge cycles, but depth of discharge is usually not explicitly stated. Apple Inc. clarify that a charge cycle means using all the battery's capacity, but not necessarily by full charge and discharge; e.g., using half the charge of a fully charged battery, charging it, and then using the same amount of charge again count as a single charge cycle.
Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
This is not needed with Lithium ion (Li-on) batteries.

Wiki:
Battery life
Rechargeable battery life is often stated in number of charge cycles, but depth of discharge is usually not explicitly stated. Apple Inc. clarify that a charge cycle means using all the battery's capacity, but not necessarily by full charge and discharge; e.g., using half the charge of a fully charged battery, charging it, and then using the same amount of charge again count as a single charge cycle.
Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you for bringing that up. The guys who are encouraging draining this phone's battery below 10 percent are helping others kill their batteries. Keeping the charge above 50 percent as much as possible is how to be kind to a lithium-ion battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99