Lost LTE bands by flashing RM892 into RM893

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im a little concern because, I flashed a RM892 firmware into my RM893 to get Cyan.

With that I lost the LTE band 4 support that I had before, and in the field test appeared ONLY the LTE bands (1,3,7...) of RM892.

Now i flashed back to two different RM893 firmwares (including the Tmo) and neither of them now allows me to get back my LTE Band 4, and in the field test appears again only the LTE bands of RM892.

:crying: Any idea or help?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
And here is why we should be waiting until Cyan is officially released for our handsets.

I would flash whatever your original firmware was back onto it and see how you go.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think by flashing trough NCS, its the same result that the recovery tool... i guess?

I will try this evening everything from hard reset, recovery tool and whatever comes to my mind.

I know people will say that there is no problem to stay with H+ but :( If there is LTE, with not using it.

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so after flashing 3 more firmware RM893, its imposible to get back the LTE bands nene

Decided to stay few weeks with H+, but now will sell cellphone.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I lost my LTE bands from doing the same thing and I feel like an *****. There has to be some way to fix this. I don't believe that flashing another firmware can permanently disable something as important as a phone's LTE radio (or at least certain frequencies).

Liam Wong

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't you just flash back the original firmware and just claim warranty for the phone? Seems like the only way the fix it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Im a little concern because, I flashed a RM892 firmware into my RM893 to get Cyan.

With that I lost the LTE band 4 support that I had before, and in the field test appeared ONLY the LTE bands (1,3,7...) of RM892.

Now i flashed back to two different RM893 firmwares (including the Tmo) and neither of them now allows me to get back my LTE Band 4, and in the field test appears again only the LTE bands of RM892.

:crying: Any idea or help?

Ok, so after flashing 3 more firmware RM893, its imposible to get back the LTE bands nene

Decided to stay few weeks with H+, but now will sell cellphone.

Please, Please, Please...

Advise potential buyers how you borked the radio and offer them a deep discount.

distilledoreo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I could do that, but I just got my phone back because I had to get the microphone fixed, and I don't want to go another two weeks without my phone.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I killed my LTE the same way. Very surprising that this would happen. I just read that a 930.2 is coming out. I guess I'll upgrade after all. Lesson learned on flashing to a different device code (even though it makes no sense how simply flashing back would do no good)

Last edited:

Brown1Luv

Banned
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
May I ask if flashing the phone with another firmware revision will fix the IMEI block on a T mobile phone I won on ebay that I planned on using in Canada on my provider here? And if so is it hard to do or a tutorial link of some sort - sorry not meaning side track the threads intention

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12