Flashing Lumia 925 throws error 0xFA001106

albpara

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi y'all

I've just bought a Lumia 925 (RM-825), that is my first WP so this is my first post to the forum, I bought the phone from a particular seller; I was trying to flash it to remove the ugly Operator logo at boot but I'm not able to do it... I've tried multiple roms suggested on internet but the Nokia Care Suit for Store shows the next message:

Signature check of FFU file fails: Reason(S): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device.

I've heard that the reason for this error is that the firmware version to flash should be higher than the currently flashed version on the phone. The firmware revision on my phone was: 3051.40000.1345.1010 but I've tried the 3051.40000.1345.1011 and the error is still there. :cry:

Anyone can help?

Thanks!!

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
You can't install custom ROM's on Windows Phone 8 devices, you could somewhat play with the registry with WP 7, but not on 8. My suggestion to you is make sure your service is up to date by checking in the settings> phone update and see if there any updates from Microsoft/Nokia available. Also under settings, go to extras & info to see if you have Lumia Black firmware. Hope this helps.

greythorne

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi y'all

I've just bought a Lumia 925 (RM-825), that is my first WP so this is my first post to the forum, I bought the phone from a particular seller; I was trying to flash it to remove the ugly Operator logo at boot but I'm not able to do it... I've tried multiple roms suggested on internet but the Nokia Care Suit for Store shows the next message:

Signature check of FFU file fails: Reason(S): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device.

I've heard that the reason for this error is that the firmware version to flash should be higher than the currently flashed version on the phone. The firmware revision on my phone was: 3051.40000.1345.1010 but I've tried the 3051.40000.1345.1011 and the error is still there. :cry:

Anyone can help?

Thanks!!

WWhy not try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

albpara

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing; I just want to install a "not branded" firmware on my phone, I've seen multiple tutorials explaining how to do that but I getting the error mentioned.

I do not want a custom ROM, I just want to flash an official clean firmware, the operator logo drive me crazy each time the phone is powered on

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
the ATT version? Yeah best I can tell is they locked it down so you cant unbrand or crossflash to another carrier 925 image.

albpara

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
the ATT version? Yeah best I can tell is they locked it down so you cant unbrand or crossflash to another carrier 925 image.

I don't know if the phone came from ATT but the actual ROM is branded with the Orange Logo so I'm almost sure that the has been flashed before but I'm not able to repeat the process.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It should be possible. I even flashed a RM-826 ROM to a RM-825.

Strange error. Can you try it on a different pc, so you can make sure where the fault is coming from?

albpara

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It should be possible. I even flashed a RM-826 ROM to a RM-825.

Strange error. Can you try it on a different pc, so you can make sure where the fault is coming from?

The phone seem to be special for whatever reason... I've tried to flash the phone on two different computers, always installing the SW on Win XP Virtual Machines.

Is not clear what means the error, but I've read in some forums that a WP needs to be flashed always with a higher version Firm but as I said it does not work for me

Edit: It fails also on a third computer... no Windows XP VM this time, a normal computer running Win 8.1 Update 1 x64

Last edited:

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This has a very small chance of working, but if you are out of ideas, you could try it:

Try to restore the phone with the Nokia Software Recovery tool (not the one where you flash other roms, but the consumer app that restores original rom only). After that, try to flash it again.

miki_com

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
maybe you can try to install the original country variant for the 925,

Lumia 925 Country variant 3051.50009.1424.0002 Available Available Available

you can see all the firmware numbers in the cyan update page availability europe

miki_com

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Also I just saw that 925 product number is not RM-825 it is RM-892 for europe,

I have a 925 and that's the info from the "about" section, also you can check it in the gsmarea web

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720