The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-26-2014 11:30 AM
33 12
tools
    Thanks! I'm not particularly tech savvy (at least by the standards on these forums, anyway), so I'm wondering: would flashing the phone to the US version change the basic things on the phone like the power-on splash screen too? Basically, how deep does the flashing go, and what stuff would be left behind?
    Yes, would change the power-on splash screen according to the new software you're flashing. It basically wipes everything, and install the system again. Just like a factory reset does, only with another version of the system.
    You should check (aka search) if someone already flashed a phone like yours with an US version.
    07-18-2014 04:57 PM
    Thanks! I'm not particularly tech savvy (at least by the standards on these forums, anyway), so I'm wondering: would flashing the phone to the US version change the basic things on the phone like the power-on splash screen too? Basically, how deep does the flashing go, and what stuff would be left behind?
    How Deep? that unfortunately I can help you with. I can confirm with my options that I had a smaller SW in AU ver by nearly 100 Megs. I was advised by one of the ex employees of Nokia that it could be because of the language packs. Regardless he said no matter which ver SW as long as the RM number is a match the SW will work smoothly. He also said if there isn't much of a difference in terms of the size leave the original OS intact and wait a bit for the update. It will be worth it.

What I am trying to say is the less you muck around with flashing and resets the better it is in the long run.

With Flashing my phone there was no difference that I noticed with the splash screen (same blue windows logo), some changes in the language and region selection like it was chinese and region was HK I think by default which I had to change to Eng, couple may be more additional languages to choose from in HK ver, missing one or two default softwares by region which was in AU ver and default photos that were in the phone. I was also advised that there could be a difference when it comes to how it works in Australian networks ( not sure how he meant it) and no It will not remove the network Lock

Hope this helps. You can also Google oops I mean Bing the differences I am sure someone would have made a bigger detailed list on this.

Cheers

P.S to find out what you have and what you may or may not get. Go to your extras and Info under settings tap on more info and you will get the manufacture's name it shoud look something like RM-XXX_XXXXX where first 3 X's forms the RM number or hardware type and the rest is the region code eg
    •APAC = Asia-Pacific
    •EU/EURO/EURO1/EURO2 = Europe
    •IMEA/MEA = Middle East and Africa
    •LATAM/LTA = Latin American
    •NAM = North American
    . Get the RM number and search the country specific product codes for that RM-XXX then look up difference between what you have and what you want. You might just bump into info that you want.
    Last edited by Skamath; 07-18-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    07-18-2014 07:08 PM
    Just checked mine. Shows cyan
    07-19-2014 03:03 AM
    Awesome! What region are you in? And which model? (Hoping for 820 in either Mexico or the US, lol.)
    07-19-2014 03:15 AM
    Awesome! What region are you in? And which model? (Hoping for 820 in either Mexico or the US, lol.)
    wp_ss_20140720_0001.png
    Singapore L925
    07-19-2014 12:35 PM
    i dont have extra+info in my lumia625. thats weird.
    what to do..??
    07-24-2014 08:21 AM
    i dont have extra+info in my lumia625. thats weird.
    what to do..??
    http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...3-fc517345a3c0
    07-24-2014 08:25 AM
    Hello i have lumia 520, i have done the preview for developer update a few moths back. Now Cyan update has released but when i am trying to get the actual update its showing your phone is up to date.. though in extra + info its lumia black. i have also tried unchecking the box inside the preview for developers and clicking done but still my phones not taking the update what shall i do? please help me out!
    08-26-2014 11:30 AM
33 12