Check Extra+Info: Cyan Update

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
After updating to Lumia Cyan, go to Extra + info... You'll be delighted to read Lumia Cyan... Then just click "!" Next to it (to get what you got in Cyan as it feel no difference to all having preview 8.1)... The page will open to take you to information about OLD BLACK UPDATE... YOU'LL BE ORGASMED

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: After updating to Lumia Cyan, go to Extra + info... You'll be delighted to read Lumia Cyan... Th

I am getting a weird problem. I got the update. It downloaded 6% and then error occurred. I tried again but now its showing my phone up to date. I have checked extras+info. Its Lumia black there. What should I do now?

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: After updating to Lumia Cyan, go to Extra + info... You'll be delighted to read Lumia Cyan... Th

Seriously dude!! They just screwed all WP users big time!!:mad:

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

I am getting a weird problem. I got the update. It downloaded 6% and then error occurred. I tried again but now its showing my phone up to date. I have checked extras+info. Its Lumia black there. What should I do now?

Try a soft reset.. Shouldn't be a problem..

ndutznul

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

Mine bring me to nokia web that say update to cyan.
Yeah no difference, but with someone who still in black.
They will feel different, nokia release amber then black with os 8.0 and after that they release cyan with os 8.1.
This is the official 8.1 i think, and people no more need preview for developer app to enjoy 8.1.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Mm, they screwed all WP users... even though only the 625 and 925 have gotten the update.

Alright.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

After updating to Lumia Cyan, go to Extra + info... You'll be delighted to read Lumia Cyan... Then just click "!" Next to it (to get what you got in Cyan as it feel no difference to all having preview 8.1)... The page will open to take you to information about OLD BLACK UPDATE... YOU'LL BE ORGASMED

does this really matter ? I mean you got cyan update which includes Bluetooth LE, creative studio 6 , firmware tweaks and under the hood optimizations.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Like how? You phone died after installing the update?

How about flashing your phone back to 8.0 and installing all the updates again :p But that should only be a last option, because it is time consuming and you'll lose all the saved data..

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

If you have DP firmware there is a problem in receiving "Minor 5MB update (Prior Update)" in that case Roll back to 8.0 using latest version "Nokia Software Recovery tool" & follow the steps....IF YOUR NOT DP user then there is No issues with receiving the update.....Steps for successful update
Step 1 : Install 5 MB update (Prior to main which enables device to receive 8.1)
Step 2 : check for the update after Successfully installed with prior update..
Step 3 : You will get update notification so allow it to download & follow the steps...That's it....

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

The main reason to release update early is they need to enable 4G on Lumia 625/635/820/920/925 in most of the countries that makes Network Team extra work...where as Other devices has no such difference compare to DP version so we can expect updates soon with no delays.....

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Jesus Christ.. They didn't screw anybody. They encountered an issue with users who were on the developer preview and had bitlocker encryption enabled, hence they froze the update until a fix is in place. It doesn't matter if you have to wait a couple more days to get your update, no? Eiter you've been using WP 8.1 DP without the according firmware for quite some time now, or you've been waiting for months now anyways. In both cases there's not the slightest reason to freak out.
And to those complaining about no new features at all... Cyan is a FIRMWARE update, which brings some under the hood improvements (for the camera of some devices for example), but mainly delivers new updated drivers to get the best out of WP 8.1 on your devices.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

@dkp1977 : you got the context all wrong... i was not referring to the bitlocker issue/ froze upate issue... I know cyan is a FIRMWARE update... but with this so called firmware update.... a couple of features was also said to be available... Kindly check the previous threads regarding cyan updates..

And the way some people are saying its just a FIRMWARE update... seems like its impossible for any features to be added in a firmware update... And just FYI... a majority of users are still experiencing the same unstability issues they faced in DP8.1.. In my case, the same battery drain i had in DP8.1 still remains... So the amount if stability in CYAN is ~~~~

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

@dkp1977 : you got the context all wrong... i was not referring to the bitlocker issue/ froze upate issue... I know cyan is a FIRMWARE update... but with this so called firmware update.... a couple of features was also said to be available... Kindly check the previous threads regarding cyan updates..

And the way some people are saying its just a FIRMWARE update... seems like its impossible for any features to be added in a firmware update... And just FYI... a majority of users are still experiencing the same unstability issues they faced in DP8.1.. In my case, the same battery drain i had in DP8.1 still remains... So the amount if stability in CYAN is ~~~~

The only so called new features I remember are the enhancements to brightness controls (sliders) and color profiles which can be saved. And as far as I'm aware these things have been delivered. Possibly not to all devices, as they may require certain hardware, no idea.

I for one experienced no noticable stability issues at all. Neither on my 1520 nor on my 1020 (both running DP 8.1, latest build). Battery drain was indeed huge with the very first version, but that was fixed with the first update. And battery consumption is a difficult topic anyways, since the battery needs to settle after an update has been installed. That's a matter of a couple of power cycles. Many people make false claims regarding the usage patterns anyways. If you're running a navigation software for example, you shouldn't be surprised if your battery runs empty after 4 hours. The same applies if you're running hardware intense games.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

And to those complaining about no new features at all... Cyan is a FIRMWARE update, which brings some under the hood improvements (for the camera of some devices for example), but mainly delivers new updated drivers to get the best out of WP 8.1 on your devices.

You got many people confused here. When they update to Cyan they also get WP 8.1 as in they are released simultaneously. When users here say Cyan they mean the OS itself ( at least that is the impression I get). They don't have WP8.1 when they are waiting for Cyan. :cry:

In short all the users here that are carrying on about Cyan update are talking/ waiting on WP 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb