does lumia cyan on 925 fix the yellowish/greenish tint ?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys set the screen color profile correctly? I'd bet most haven't, and it leans towards warm colors out of the box.

Settings - Display - Adjust Color Profile

Last edited:

Thomas Schindler

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The issue has nothing to do with the display. The image processing leads to a false color reproduction. The higher the ISO, the worse the problem gets. That's why use ISO settings as low as possible and the issue is almost not noticeable.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The issue has nothing to do with the display. The image processing leads to a false color reproduction. The higher the ISO, the worse the problem gets. That's why use ISO settings as low as possible and the issue is almost not noticeable.

I have no doubt there is some processing issues, but it is greatly exaggerated if you leave the display color profile at default. Viewing from another source makes this irrelevant, obviously.

Thomas Schindler

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Have no comparison unfortunately, at least no direct comparison to spot differences.
However it simply feels warmer, especially in these situations where Auto white balance was too cold before the update (like close-up shots)

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Have no comparison unfortunately, at least no direct comparison to spot differences.
However it simply feels warmer, especially in these situations where Auto white balance was too cold before the update (like close-up shots)

If you want, you can shoot a photo with Nokia camera and, if you enable the preview setting, you can see the same image before and after the pp. You can take a screenshot of those two pics (with a combo Button) and upload here ;-)

Last edited:

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Can someone put up a sample image. I've been hearing about this yellowish tint but I've have not experienced or seen it before.
I use a Lumia 925 by the way

Lumiaa620

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
We saw it earlier on all updates, and I am not only talking about tint problem.
Generally speaking never ever we've got a "good" camera update.
The only thing keeping me into WP8 is that it works without any kind of problems and I need that from my daily driver. MS/Nokia will kill this middle segment and old flagships because that its the way to say go buy a better phone. Will I buy anything from MS again?
Maybe a L1020, because other flagships offer nothing more then my L920 (FHD resolution and faster processors aren't actually that huge "+" since we can't use in real world, and I bet most of us don't play heavy games).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786