Hello guys, i wanna ask about wireless charging pads. Maybe someone have not nokia pad? It works properly with 925 wireless charging shield?
    07-17-2014 04:58 AM
    Hello guys, i wanna ask about wireless charging pads. Maybe someone have not nokia pad? It works properly with 925 wireless charging shield?
    http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/accessories/accessory/dc-50/
    07-17-2014 05:02 AM
    I know where i need to buy. I ask about other brand wireless pads
    07-17-2014 05:46 AM
    I have a question related to the charging pad but don't want to open a new thread!

I'm new to wireless charging but got my orange 930 today with the free wireless kit that MS is dishing out. The included wireless charger is on my bedside cabinet for night time charging. The free wireless plate is at my desk, connected by USB. Will it be "safe" for it to be constantly plugged in, or will the internal battery wear out quicker if that happens? I wanted to leave it permanently plugged in for my desk, if possible.

Also, is it safe to leave my phone on the wireless plate overnight while I sleep?

Cheers!
    07-17-2014 08:25 AM
    ^^ yes its safe, I've mine plugged in all the time to my bed side and another one on my Office desk.

@OP: Any qi aftermarket charging pad should work, some might have slow charging rate than the original Nokias
    Arcalis likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:33 AM
    I have a question related to the charging pad but don't want to open a new thread!

I'm new to wireless charging but got my orange 930 today with the free wireless kit that MS is dishing out. The included wireless charger is on my bedside cabinet for night time charging. The free wireless plate is at my desk, connected by USB. Will it be "safe" for it to be constantly plugged in, or will the internal battery wear out quicker if that happens? I wanted to leave it permanently plugged in for my desk, if possible.

Also, is it safe to leave my phone on the wireless plate overnight while I sleep?
    For the most part, you don't have to worry about how you use the batteries that cell phones have today, possibly with the exception of running them dead. Charge whenever it's convenient, leave it plugged in or on the wireless charger, or whatever works for you. Most of the rules we used to follow with older batteries are no longer valid. I have a Lumia 920 and a Nexus 5, and I leave both of them on the wireless chargers overnight, every night. Do whatever works for your schedule.

Maybe someone who understands battery technology more than I do can explain it better.
    Arcalis likes this.
    07-17-2014 08:35 AM
    Thank you both for the quick replies :)

Cheers!
    For the most part, you don't have to worry about how you use the batteries that cell phones have today, possibly with the exception of running them dead. Charge whenever it's convenient, leave it plugged in or on the wireless charger, or whatever works for you. Most of the rules we used to follow with older batteries are no longer valid. I have a Lumia 920 and a Nexus 5, and I leave both of them on the wireless chargers overnight, every night. Do whatever works for your schedule.

Maybe someone who understands battery technology more than I do can explain it better.
    07-17-2014 08:39 AM
    @OP: Any qi aftermarket charging pad should work, some might have slow charging rate than the original Nokias
    Yes, I use a mixture of charging pads. I have Nokia, LG, and aftermarket charging pads and I use them all on my Lumia 920 and my Nexus 5 (manufactured by LG). They all seem to work equally well on any of the devices.
    07-17-2014 09:23 AM