Messaging app causing battery drain! Help?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The weather app was doing the same thing, with equal if not more drain. I uninstalled it. What is causing this? Could it be that this started happening after I set up a Family Room?

wp_ss_20140717_0002.jpg

wp_ss_20140717_0003.jpg

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is bizarre! It seems like your Microsoft ID was stuck in sync. Can you check under email+accounts if your Microsoft account keeps greying out again and again?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
What battery saver app do u use?
Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk

The one baked into the OS itself. I'm not using a third party battery app.

This is bizarre! It seems like your Microsoft ID was stuck in sync. Can you check under email+accounts if your Microsoft account keeps greying out again and again?

Thanks for the reply. I did, that's the first thing I checked. But they are all syncing fine and contacts, email and all are properly updated. Is there anything else that could cause this?

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Tried that a few times. Didn't work. Ended up doing hard reset (which I absolutely HATE) and it seems fine now. I wish MS would iron out these battery drain loop bugs.
The same thing happened to me.I tried everything..and after 2 days i did a hard reset like you..and that solved a problem. It happened 10days ago...

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The same thing happened to me.I tried everything..and after 2 days i did a hard reset like you..and that solved a problem. It happened 10days ago...

WP is so good with battery... until it isn't.

Which gives me the sads. MS is kind of botching this 8.1 update thing, and they were gaining momentum with all the excitement building around this update and now there are talks of bricking and battery drains and MS pulling updates. And this too for a last year flagship device. How sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99