Help! Need to update to 8.1

vijay aditya

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have been using developer preview for 8.1 and i recently got 8.1 official update and there aren't any new changes other than swipe down to close the background tasks.

i read a article saying using nokia recovery tool we can downgrade and again get back the update, i tried but it showed me error and the process stopped before it started installing.

So, i reset my phone and i got cyan as default and i didn't yet receive any update of build 12400 of the Windows Phone 8.1 OS preview which was rolled out two days earlier.

Can anyone help me how to get the real cyan update which has brightness settings, USB settings and other updates in settings.

Thank you in Advance:straight:

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my L925 to Cyan. But which brightness, USB and other updates in settings you are talking about exactly? Let me know so I may be able to help. Also if possible, send me the article link. My core build ID is 3051.50009.1424.10362, my variant is RM-892_im_india_216, in 'extras+info'. OS version is 8.10.12393.890 in 'about'.

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have been using developer preview for 8.1 and i recently got 8.1 official update and there aren't any new changes other than swipe down to close the background tasks.

i read a article saying using nokia recovery tool we can downgrade and again get back the update, i tried but it showed me error and the process stopped before it started installing.

So, i reset my phone and i got cyan as default and i didn't yet receive any update of build 12400 of the Windows Phone 8.1 OS preview which was rolled out two days earlier.

Can anyone help me how to get the real cyan update which has brightness settings, USB settings and other updates in settings.

Thank you in Advance:straight:
Lumia cyan still does not support the new usb settings and other stuf u just mentioned. Hoewever if you were using dev preview the extras +info option would show Lumia black. Now that you have updated to official 8.1 to verify it go to settings> extras+ info and it should show Lumia cyan.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 72445View attachment 72446View attachment 72447View attachment 72448

i meant the above settings, these are the screenshots of the latest display and brightness update which came 10 days earlier.

and the article about a new update is

Microsoft is now releasing build 12400 of the Windows Phone 8.1 OS preview | Windows Phone Central

View attachment 72449

All those display settings are available for latest lumia phones and for older devices may get them via an update of display ...AND latest preview bulid was halted by Microsoft as there are bitlocker issues for some people while upgrading to lumia cyan....
USB settings are not part of the lumia cyan it's up to microsoft to inlcude in upcoming updates..

Last edited:

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 72445View attachment 72446View attachment 72447View attachment 72448

i meant the above settings, these are the screenshots of the latest display and brightness update which came 10 days earlier.

and the article about a new update is

Microsoft is now releasing build 12400 of the Windows Phone 8.1 OS preview | Windows Phone Central

View attachment 72449

I do not have those setting in the image. They might be there for latest gen device. For now, we don't have them. So you do have the latest Lumia Cyan.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Use the sysapp pusher app to download the setting app updates. That's probably why you can't see some new features. When you reset your phone, all the settings apps return to their factory preloaded version

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs