USB Problem with Lumia 925

deewire

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Can anyone help please. Bought a second hand Lumia 925 32GB a while back and have not been able to get it to connect to any pc by USB. The pc doesn't even make the connection noise for when you plug a USB device in. It seems there is a physical problem inside the phone, preventing it form working. I have changed the USB connector/ Flex myself and I have also sent the phone off to a repair centre on ebay who couldn't fix it. Thing is, I'm not sure whether to just accept it is broken and un-repairable or maybe someone on here might know if this issue is known and if it is worth sending it elsewhere. Perhaps someone on here might also know of a decent service outlet that might be worth trying. Obviously it can be quite costly, so I want to make sure it is worth my while even considering this. It is such a shame because the phone is in excellent condition and other than this, it is fully working. It is a serious problem not being able to connect it though and I was obviously well shafted by the person I bought it from. Anyone have any suggestions?

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Make sure that you have a USB data cable and not just a USB power cable. If it just a power cable, your PC will not detect the phone at all.

deewire

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for your reply however I am using the original Nokia cable and I had another Lumia 925 that did work with this cable. It's not a computer/driver or usb cable issue as the other handset worked 100%. When I sent it away to the service centre, they confirmed it was a physical problem with the phone that seems to be a bit of a common issue with these phones. I think I really need a knowledgeable repair centre to have a look and see if it's worth repairing it. I really want to be able to connect it to.a pc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon