I have two Lumia 925 now. One of them have Cyan Update and other a 8.1 Preview.

The one with Cyan Update it's new. And gosh... It's hot! Insanely hot!! The old Lumia 925 never was hot like this before. Never, even close!

I don't know if it's a faulty device or Cyan Update is really hot and need to be fixed urgently! Anyone else have a hot potato after Cyan Update?
    07-24-2014 07:15 AM
    I don't have cyan but I am suspicious why is your lumia 925 hot. What apps are enabled in the background/running ? Try a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself. It all this does not solve , must be a software issue. I always try a hard reset after OS/Firmware update which solves such issues. I had similar problems when I got amber update for my lumia 920.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    07-24-2014 07:56 AM
    I don't have cyan but I am suspicious why is your lumia 925 hot. What apps are enabled in the background/running ? Try a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and reboot itself. It all this does not solve , must be a software issue. I always try a hard reset after OS/Firmware update which solves such issues. I had similar problems when I got amber update for my lumia 920.
    The very first thing i made was a hard reset, just after install Cyan Update via NCS. I will look the background tasks, but i suspect this is not the problem.

Thanks for your reply!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-24-2014 08:07 AM
    Check your email sync settings. Make sure it's not on "Based on my usage" or "As items arrive". Try setting it to 1 hour.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-24-2014 08:19 AM
    I have the same problem. After Cyan, as soon as im using the phone actively, like facebook or whatever, it gets kinda hot and when making a phone call, its gets ridiculously hot and the battery drains as hell... had no problem before Cyan :(
    07-24-2014 08:29 AM
    Im facing the exact same problem with my 925, the heat is obviously abnormal, it's getting so hot even when I'm just texting or listen to couple of songs, thank God its not just me.
    07-24-2014 08:35 AM
    Im facing the exact same problem with my 925, the heat is obviously abnormal, it's getting so hot even when I'm just texting or listen to couple of songs, thank God its not just me.
    Cyan Update?
    07-24-2014 09:15 AM
    I have the same problem. After Cyan, as soon as im using the phone actively, like facebook or whatever, it gets kinda hot and when making a phone call, its gets ridiculously hot and the battery drains as hell... had no problem before Cyan :(
    Well, that's good news i think. Microsoft will fix it later. Hope soon...
    Thomas Schindler likes this.
    07-24-2014 09:16 AM
    Cyan Update?
    Yes, Im on Cyan.
    07-24-2014 10:08 AM
    I have the same feedback to offer on my 925. Actually since 8.1 preview it started heating up, but with Cyan the heat gets a bit too much. The top right of the phone (on the back and top) get's really hot when using the phone actively.
    07-27-2014 05:02 AM