09-12-2014 11:41 PM
89 ... 234
tools
    I've given it a month. I can't seem to find what the issue is with the battery.

whatsapp texting seems to make the phone hot. Not warm, not mild. Hot.. so hot i can feel the case get warm enough.
    otherwise if i dont text, browsing baconit (reddit) or reading doesnt seem to kill any battery. I can go HOURS and HOURS.

I think if anyone else might be free to try, use the phone BUT dont use the Keyboard. Read, watch or listen to music. It doesn't consume much.

Then open any texting app. whatsapp is my choice but whatever. Try texting for thirty minutes straight and have a nice conversation. The phone gets warm and the 30 minutes wouldve shaven at LEAST 15% battery off.

anyone willing to confirm this? :(
    I don't have any problem with WA.
    If I were you I would try this: Delete WA -> Soft Reset -> Install WA again.
    Good luck.

Btw: I'm on the "normal" 8.1 + cyan update and I don't experience any of these battery problems.
    I'm even running five apps in the background that frequently check for things.
    08-12-2014 02:30 PM
    I don't have any problem with WA.
    If I were you I would try this: Delete WA -> Soft Reset -> Install WA again.
    Good luck.

Btw: I'm on the "normal" 8.1 + cyan update and I don't experience any of these battery problems.
    I'm even running five apps in the background that frequently check for things.
    How's your phone setting?
    08-12-2014 05:17 PM
    How's your phone setting?
    - 3G
    - Check E-mail every 30 min
    - WiFi: always on, both options in WiFi Sense off
    - Bluetooth: off
    - NFC: off
    - internet sharing: off
    - brightness: set to Low and then turn on Automatically adjust
    - find my phone: both options on
    - backup: first two options on
    - advertising id: off
    - glance: peek + show lock screen notifications
    - touch settings: Touch sensitivity: normal, Double tap to wake up: on, Navigation bar: off

Hope that helps. :)
    08-13-2014 05:00 AM
    After the update 1, battery life has become horribly low for me. 100% charge in morning goes below 20% by 4 pm. No other use except what's app.
    08-13-2014 09:24 PM
    Hi friends my Lumia became so hot while I browse. Especially at rear camera part. And continuous web browsing I think it giving 3:30 hours only. Anybody suggest me about heating issue and improvement of battery life.? Thank you. And I am in cyan dp wp8.1 update too.
    Last edited by expressme007; 08-14-2014 at 06:53 PM.
    08-14-2014 06:42 PM
    It looks like whatsapp is a battery killer
    08-15-2014 12:03 AM
    It is definitely NOT a whatsapp issue. I use whatsapp a lot and my battery is just fine.
    If you have whatsapp problems after installing 8.1 + cyan I recommend deleting whatsapp -> soft reset -> re-install whatsapp.
    08-16-2014 09:23 AM
    It is definitely NOT a whatsapp issue. I use whatsapp a lot and my battery is just fine.
    If you have whatsapp problems after installing 8.1 + cyan I recommend deleting whatsapp -> soft reset -> re-install whatsapp.
    I've tried that, the problem persists... Any other way?
    08-16-2014 11:46 PM
    I've had my L925 for just over 2 weeks now that I bought new from Amazon UK. The first thing I did was update to 8.1 with cyan. The battery life for the first few days was pretty unremarkable, lasting just one day. However the battery life has improved significantly over the course of the second week, to the point now where I'm just about getting 2 days with light use - Viber, Twitter, email (gmail) and Facebook mainly. Couldn't be happier to be honest.

I've done the whole iPhone then android thing in the past, and I'm really enjoying how fluid and smooth WP is. The hardware is amazing, esp the screen. My last phone was a Note II, but I was missing the pocketability of smaller phone, so I'm really enjoying the size of this device - which I believe hits the size sweet-spot nicely.
    Last edited by Smthers; 08-17-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    08-17-2014 02:49 AM
    I think it depends on usage. Mine with 4G on won't last a day so I switched to 3G and it helps. I also set GMAIL and other emails to update every hour and not as items arrived because it sucks the battery like that vampire from cheezy Twilight movie :0
    08-17-2014 03:44 AM
    Same here, 4G was quick but it drained way too much battery. I found I could last pretty much a day without it. Although it gets to like 20% by the time I get the charger at night. Sometimes less. Ideally I wish this weren't so but its bearable. I am currently awaiting my Brando extended battery case for the 925. Make the phone hella ugly and thick but hopefully will triple my batt life for those days I don't have a charger.
    08-18-2014 04:31 AM
    My ATT Lumia battery life took a MAJOR nosedive with the 8.1 update. Don't do it is my advice until they figure out what they screwed up! Gotta love software developers. Once they reach puberty, maybe they will get better!

Just wanted to mention with regard to battery that before I installed GDR1 for 8.1 with Cyan, I consistently got a super-hot corner near the top right, even if I was just browsing the web. It was really, really hot. Since 8.1 GDR1, that hot corner has now become a warm corner and the battery is better, but not wildly better.
    It appears the majority are exactly opposite to your experience. Is there anyone monitoring this board who really gives a crap about this problem of horrible battery life?
    Last edited by Guytronic; 09-13-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    09-11-2014 10:04 PM
    It appears the majority are exactly opposite to your experience. Is there anyone monitoring this board who really gives a crap about this problem of horrible battery life?

Sadly I guess not, but I hope yes!
    09-12-2014 10:59 PM
    Most likely they want us to buy some new Lumia.... No love for old models :(
    Sent from my RM-893_lta_lta_204 using Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 11:41 PM
89 ... 234