Battery life for those who have Cyan on Lumia 925.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
With continuous chating on WhatsApp & BBM my 925 lasts for 3 hours. During night i charge my phone to 100%. I off mobile data & wifi too. I activate battery saver too. When i get up in morning my battery is 81%.
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
With continuous chating on WhatsApp & BBM my 925 lasts for 3 hours. During night i charge my phone to 100%. I off mobile data & wifi too. I activate battery saver too. When i get up in morning my battery is 81%.

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

But have you Cyan Update?

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Not noticed any difference with mine (using Cyan for a week now)

Heavy use I get a day out of it, moderate use it lasts 2 days, same as it did prior to the update

Todd Allcock

May 20, 2014
Visit site
For me, battery life on 8.0 was ok, but in 8.1 Dev Preview, launching *any* GPS app (Here Drive, Waze, Inrix Traffic, whatever) sends the battery spiraling down the plughole! Not just when using a GPS app, but after I exit a GPS app the battery keeps draining, almost as if the GPS was "stuck" on. The phone also gets hot in the usual spot (upper right corner.) Battery drain returns to normal if I reboot, at least until I launch a GPS app again, then the rapid drain starts all over again.

The battery drains so quickly using GPS, my car charger can't keep up- it will lose about 10%-15% an hour, even while charging. (If not charging while using the GPS, it loses about 1% a MINUTE!)

I really hope this is fixed with Cyan, otherwise I might go back to my trusty Lumia 810...

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i also facing similar problem with battery. after chatting for 10-15min battery drops drastically 10% per 5min and also getting hot at the top. i'm using official Cyan update. also during charging i notice the upper side of the phone gets hot even it switch to airplane mode.

will it be solve after a hard reset?

cheers

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i also facing similar problem with battery. after chatting for 10-15min battery drops drastically 10% per 5min and also getting hot at the top. i'm using official Cyan update. also during charging i notice the upper side of the phone gets hot even it switch to airplane mode.

will it be solve after a hard reset?

cheers

Heating issue can't be solved by a hard reset

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Im still on WP 8 because my carrier at&t haven't given the L925 the green light yet. Even tho im still on wp8 my battery is horrible. Any tips? I turned off all background task what am I doing wrong...I was hoping 8.1 will improve my battery now I am not even looking forward to that update. I just have a bad feelin....smh

Sent from Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

madailjoao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'M on WP 8.1 Cyan and my battery is horrible. In 8.0 during the night i lose 2-4% battery now Im losing 15-20%. I have done a hard reset but that not solve the problem.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'M on WP 8.1 Cyan and my battery is horrible. In 8.0 during the night i lose 2-4% battery now Im losing 15-20%. I have done a hard reset but that not solve the problem.

Probably some app is draining your battery. Mine was Moliplayer and Mytube. Both was draining a lot of battery even with the screen locked. The solution is close them always using back button, not the task manager.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans