Lumia 925 headphones stopped working

bobdonkey

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone had this issue? On 8.1 if that is related, but today all of a sudden, my headphones won't work at all. When they are plugged in the sound continues to come from the phone, as if the device does not detect that I have them plugged in.

Any ideas? Soft reset has done nothing.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Does your speakerphone/Cortana microphone work? (It's part of the headphone jack cable) That hardware assembly seems to be a weak spot with the 925. It died on mine shortly after updating to DP 8.1

I just got mine back from Nokia repair and am waiting for the offical 8.1 update. (8.0 sucks...)

bobdonkey

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Speaker works fine playing games or music etc. Not sure about the mic. I think I will try and return it if a hard reset does not fix, maybe wait for Cyan just n case, buy I suspect it is just broken.

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
My issue has been that the right headphone stops working. At first I thought this was hardware, because I swapped out headphones while it was happening and it didn't resolve it. I even swapped out for a new one, and this one started doing it. Turns out that a soft reset fixed the issue for awhile, and so it appears to be software after all. Bummer is that the unit I swapped was a new unit that replaced a refurb that was sent to me DOA (long story), and the one I have now is a refurb again.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My issue has been that the right headphone stops working. At first I thought this was hardware, because I swapped out headphones while it was happening and it didn't resolve it. I even swapped out for a new one, and this one started doing it. Turns out that a soft reset fixed the issue for awhile, and so it appears to be software after all. Bummer is that the unit I swapped was a new unit that replaced a refurb that was sent to me DOA (long story), and the one I have now is a refurb again.

When the right side stopped from work, you just need to restart. It's a software bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999