How can I filter FB names from my phone book. Nokia says not possible...

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello and thank you all for your help already! After the update my phone book under Phone, now contains about 200 names instead of my normal 40 or so. The supervisor at Nokia Care Center that I again drove 2 hours to says that the new update cannot filter these out and that I have to go to people to see my 40 contacts. Is this really so? How could they do this I asked. he just said call Microsoft and shrugged his shoulders. I again sincerely appreciate any and all help. Graham

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you go into People Hub, and into settings, you can tell it to hide contacts from Facebook - alternatively you can go into the Facebook app itself and turn off "connect to my phone".

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Do they all have phone number?
If no then go to people hub->settings->filter contacts and turn on hide contacts without phone numbers.
If still it shows uninstall facebook app and see.

Last edited:

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have contacts without phone numbers filtered out. The long list of people are in my phonebook under Phone. In People it is as it should be... I guess it cant hurt to remove and reinstall FB. Anyone out there against this? Thank you again everyone!!!

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ah ha... Now i see...so sorry as I mis read it wrong. Yeah the update in that really messed up the phone contacts. You cant get rid of facebook people on your phone contacts which is stupid. Instead to dial numbers of just your personal numbers you have to select people hub. Not sure why the update mucked it up but yep... People hub is what you have to select from now on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos