I'm thinking of getting a 925--anything I should look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
hi I'm thinking of getting a 925 on t-Mobile? what should I be looking for I'm coming from the Z10.

Last edited:

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
recommend, it is now EOL (meaning 8.1+cyan will probably be the last official update it will receive) but we still have unofficial updates

being EOL is the only con to this phone honestly, its a fantastic phone that runs smoothly and has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen (even though its only a 768p screen)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
recommend, it is now EOL (meaning 8.1+cyan will probably be the last official update it will receive) but we still have unofficial updates

being EOL is the only con to this phone honestly, its a fantastic phone that runs smoothly and has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen (even though its only a 768p screen)

Where did you get this information?

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Hmm this seems like a hoax

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I got this information from a T-Mobile store employee.

Hoax? Isn't it obvious even without T-Mobile confirming it directly? It's display was replaced by the 630, it's not sold in T-Mobile stores, you can't buy it from them online, the phone recently went on a liquidation sale dropping the price as low as $200

ignoring T-Mobiles confirmation, I don't see anything that points to it not being EOL.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
well for 8.1+ cyan T-mobile had already stated 925 will get it, so you can wait for that to come normally

for anything else, you'll probably have to use the dev preview program (unless T-mobile decided not to give 925 the 810 treatment and we still get to receive updates... that would be nice)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
oh, i was only referring to the T-mobile version, the CV isnt being eol

has microsoft even eol'd any wp8 devices yet?

T-mobile, just like any other carrier, will make new MS or Nokia updates available.

well for 8.1+ cyan T-mobile had already stated 925 will get it, so you can wait for that to come normally

for anything else, you'll probably have to use the dev preview program (unless T-mobile decided not to give 925 the 810 treatment and we still get to receive updates... that would be nice)

810 was a exclusive smart. I think it was a different case.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
exclusive smart? explain.

also, a carrier can decide not to update any phone they please, its part of why the US has the worst cellular market.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
okay i got the 925:excited: it took a while to getting it close to the way I wanted it.
can the dial phone pad turn down the key clicking, I had to turn the volume way up to hear the phone,now the key pad is loud.
any screen shots of your phone to get some ideas as to what I might want., that's safer then changing and not liking it.
and which app do I use to get navigation don't like the app choices for a check book register. any body use that if so which one.
I know there's going to be more but cant think of them just yet.
thanks

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
At&t has their 8.1/cyan update for the 925 already...

Sent from Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Yea? That's AT&T.. not T-mobile

okay i got the 925:excited: it took a while to getting it close to the way I wanted it.
can the dial phone pad turn down the key clicking, I had to turn the volume way up to hear the phone,now the key pad is loud.
any screen shots of your phone to get some ideas as to what I might want., that's safer then changing and not liking it.
and which app do I use to get navigation don't like the app choices for a check book register. any body use that if so which one.
thanks

1) dont think theres a way to lower the keyboard clicking volume, though I've never tried it.

2) sure heres my start screen right now: (note that it is with 8.1, so theres a lot of that you wont be able to do with yours yet)
wp_ss_20140802_0001.jpg

3) by navigation Im assuming you mean gps navigation? if so, your phone comes with a really nice one called Here Drive, give it a try sometime its really nice

4) I don't use any checkbook stuff for my phone so I can't help there.

feel free to ask more questions, I'll answer as best as I can! I'm sure you'll fall in love with the 925 and its beautiful screen :p

Last edited by a moderator:

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks
I couldn't find a way to lower the key pad but you can turn it off by going to Settings>Ringtones+Sounds>uncheck Key Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers