08-04-2014 12:23 AM
28 12
tools
    hi I'm thinking of getting a 925 on t-Mobile? what should I be looking for I'm coming from the Z10.
    Last edited by ep1; 07-31-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    07-30-2014 08:32 PM
    Yes lumia 925 received windows phone 8.1 update (depends on carrier ). It's an excellent phone with slim metal/polycarbonate body.
    Guytronic, mark233 and xandros9 like this.
    07-30-2014 09:15 PM
    recommend, it is now EOL (meaning 8.1+cyan will probably be the last official update it will receive) but we still have unofficial updates

being EOL is the only con to this phone honestly, its a fantastic phone that runs smoothly and has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen (even though its only a 768p screen)
    Guytronic and mark233 like this.
    07-30-2014 09:22 PM
    I have a T-Mo branded 925 and agree it is a great phone. Windows Phone Central declared the 925 as "The Best All-Around Windows Phone" last year. The best Windows Phone you can buy | Windows Phone Central

​Look around the web to get one quick. They are no longer on the shelves at T-Mo or on their website. Not at Microsoft Store either.
    07-31-2014 11:06 AM
    recommend, it is now EOL (meaning 8.1+cyan will probably be the last official update it will receive) but we still have unofficial updates

being EOL is the only con to this phone honestly, its a fantastic phone that runs smoothly and has the most beautiful screen I've ever seen (even though its only a 768p screen)
    Where did you get this information?
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-31-2014 12:52 PM

Hmm this seems like a hoax
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-31-2014 12:56 PM
    I got this information from a T-Mobile store employee.

Hoax? Isn't it obvious even without T-Mobile confirming it directly? It's display was replaced by the 630, it's not sold in T-Mobile stores, you can't buy it from them online, the phone recently went on a liquidation sale dropping the price as low as $200

ignoring T-Mobiles confirmation, I don't see anything that points to it not being EOL.
    08-01-2014 12:08 AM
    whats EOL
    08-01-2014 05:18 AM
    End Of Life.
    08-01-2014 07:04 AM
    So it's end of life?
    Sent from Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2014 07:26 AM
    So it's end of life?
    Maybe for carriers, but for Microsoft isn't. Lumia 925 will continues receveing lasts updates just like the new Lumias (930, 630, 530, etc).
    08-01-2014 08:20 AM
    oh, i was only referring to the T-mobile version, the CV isnt being eol

has microsoft even eol'd any wp8 devices yet?
    08-01-2014 12:06 PM
    Maybe for carriers, but for Microsoft isn't. Lumia 925 will continues receveing lasts updates just like the new Lumias (930, 630, 530, etc).

So how would we be able to update?
    08-01-2014 12:18 PM
    well for 8.1+ cyan T-mobile had already stated 925 will get it, so you can wait for that to come normally

for anything else, you'll probably have to use the dev preview program (unless T-mobile decided not to give 925 the 810 treatment and we still get to receive updates... that would be nice)
    08-01-2014 12:53 PM
    oh, i was only referring to the T-mobile version, the CV isnt being eol

has microsoft even eol'd any wp8 devices yet?
    T-mobile, just like any other carrier, will make new MS or Nokia updates available.

well for 8.1+ cyan T-mobile had already stated 925 will get it, so you can wait for that to come normally

for anything else, you'll probably have to use the dev preview program (unless T-mobile decided not to give 925 the 810 treatment and we still get to receive updates... that would be nice)
    810 was a exclusive smart. I think it was a different case.
    08-01-2014 01:59 PM
    exclusive smart? explain.

also, a carrier can decide not to update any phone they please, its part of why the US has the worst cellular market.
    08-01-2014 08:20 PM
    At&t has their 8.1/cyan update for the 925 already...

08-02-2014 05:08 AM
    okay i got the 925 it took a while to getting it close to the way I wanted it.
    can the dial phone pad turn down the key clicking, I had to turn the volume way up to hear the phone,now the key pad is loud.
    any screen shots of your phone to get some ideas as to what I might want., that's safer then changing and not liking it.
    and which app do I use to get navigation don't like the app choices for a check book register. any body use that if so which one.
    I know there's going to be more but cant think of them just yet.
    thanks
    08-02-2014 11:17 AM
    At&t has their 8.1/cyan update for the 925 already...

Yea? That's AT&T.. not T-mobile

can the dial phone pad turn down the key clicking, I had to turn the volume way up to hear the phone,now the key pad is loud.
    any screen shots of your phone to get some ideas as to what I might want., that's safer then changing and not liking it.
    and which app do I use to get navigation don't like the app choices for a check book register. any body use that if so which one.
    thanks
    1) dont think theres a way to lower the keyboard clicking volume, though I've never tried it.

2) sure heres my start screen right now: (note that it is with 8.1, so theres a lot of that you wont be able to do with yours yet)
    wp_ss_20140802_0001.jpg

3) by navigation Im assuming you mean gps navigation? if so, your phone comes with a really nice one called Here Drive, give it a try sometime its really nice

4) I don't use any checkbook stuff for my phone so I can't help there.

feel free to ask more questions, I'll answer as best as I can! I'm sure you'll fall in love with the 925 and its beautiful screen :P
    Last edited by Guytronic; 08-08-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    08-02-2014 11:39 AM
    thanks
    I couldn't find a way to lower the key pad but you can turn it off by going to Settings>Ringtones+Sounds>uncheck Key Pad
    08-02-2014 11:54 AM
    thanks I only have 5 days to try and see if it will work that's when i have to send in my BB.
    08-02-2014 12:11 PM
    To be fair... You will be missing out on some really cool stuff by not being able to test 8.1. Like Cortana. She kicks some serious assistant.

I will echo the above comment: Here Drive is all you need for nav. Download your area's map for maximum effect. You will love the HUD in Drive. (I do anyway.)

Pin whatever you think you'll use to the Start Screen. That is what I love about Windows Phone. The things you use are close to the surface and readily accessible. That includes individual websites. Those can be pinned. Maybe try WizTiles as a custom tile maker...

Don't forget the power of Glance. LOVE my Glance and having notifications show by Icon and # of notification right there on my screen without unlocking the device.

Get signed in to all your accounts to leverage the Hub characteristics to maximum effect.

I never really hear anything about BB cameras... Try out the 925's camera a lot. It is, IMHO, a pretty decent shooter. I use my camera more on 925 than any other phone I've owned.
    08-02-2014 01:56 PM
    To be fair... You will be missing out on some really cool stuff by not being able to test 8.1. Like Cortana. She kicks some serious assistant.

I will echo the above comment: Here Drive is all you need for nav. Download your area's map for maximum effect. You will love the HUD in Drive. (I do anyway.)

Pin whatever you think you'll use to the Start Screen. That is what I love about Windows Phone. The things you use are close to the surface and readily accessible. That includes individual websites. Those can be pinned. Maybe try WizTiles as a custom tile maker...

Don't forget the power of Glance. LOVE my Glance and having notifications show by Icon and # of notification right there on my screen without unlocking the device.

Get signed in to all your accounts to leverage the Hub characteristics to maximum effect.

I never really hear anything about BB cameras... Try out the 925's camera a lot. It is, IMHO, a pretty decent shooter. I use my camera more on 925 than any other phone I've owned.
    I heard glance eats up battery
    08-02-2014 02:37 PM
    what about cases something that will not add to much bulk.
    08-02-2014 02:42 PM
    its not doing anything it's just setting there (Here Drive) how do you use it
    08-02-2014 03:01 PM
28 12