Need Help Understanding Battery Saver

mrbonelly

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
This may be a 2 part question. I'm running on wp8.1 dev update 1, Lumia Black. I'm trying to understand how to adjust apps using the Battery Saver settings. I can see that some apps have allowed background tasks, which I can tap on and adjust. But most of the games, misc apps downloaded(like banking, weather, etc) are blank when you tap it and try to adjust. Why is that? They aren't OS apps, and I have launched them so they register as "in use".

Furthermore, I'm trying to activate my Games(xbox) tile to perform it's "live tile" action/animation, but can't seem to figure it out. On a post from a few months ago the user stated he turned background tasks ON and it started working(but was using wp8.0).

Thanks in advance for the assistance

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Many apps don't have any background tasks to allow, I think that's what you're seeing.

Also, the Games hub might have lost its live tile, but don't quote me on that.

mrbonelly

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Also, the Games hub might have lost its live tile, but don't quote me on that.
Thanks for the reply. I looked into this with an old Lumia 810 I have running wp8.0, and indeed Games does have a "settings" section. This is now replaced with "about". So it looks like indeed it may have lost those features(for now in wp8.1 dev/update 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire