I've a Lumia 925 linked to a carrier on my country (Brazil) and I want unlink from it to have a free phone like an phone bought Nokia Store.
    Do you recommend any procedure? I searched here but I cant find it.
    I want to keep the phone the most original as possible, no unlocks, no jailbrake, no customization,... The same IMEI, SN,... Receive updates...

My intention is receive updates faster,...

Thanks !!!!!!!!
    08-06-2014 04:28 PM
    I've a Lumia 925 linked to a carrier on my country (Brazil) and I want unlink from it to have a free phone like an phone bought Nokia Store.
    Do you recommend any procedure? I searched here but I cant find it.
    I want to keep the phone the most original as possible, no unlocks, no jailbrake, no customization,... The same IMEI, SN,... Receive updates...

My intention is receive updates faster,...

Thanks !!!!!!!!
    Flash a Country Variant ROM for your region onto it - a search on here will bring up a few guides. That's the only way to remove the carrier stuff. BUT, that won't necessarily let you receive updates faster, as we are finding out with Cyan.
    Felipe Olah likes this.
    08-06-2014 04:40 PM
    Flash a Country Variant ROM for your region onto it - a search on here will bring up a few guides. That's the only way to remove the carrier stuff. BUT, that won't necessarily let you receive updates faster, as we are finding out with Cyan.
    Unfortunelly in Brazil there is carrier that takes a loooonggg time to available the update.

hpsi3d.png

This process will keep my smartphone original? Same SN, IMEI,... Ill get the updates normally? Just like a phone bought on a Nokia Store?
    As I said before, I want a fully original phone without the carrier link...
    08-06-2014 05:00 PM
    Correct - it will be just like a SIM-free phone bought from the store. Same serial number+IMEI (it's actually illegal to change those so they will never get changed by legitimate means).

As said before, there are guides on here for doing it - just remember all the risks and make sure anything you want to keep is stored safely elsewhere.
    Felipe Olah likes this.
    08-06-2014 05:04 PM
    Correct - it will be just like a SIM-free phone bought from the store. Same serial number+IMEI (it's actually illegal to change those so they will never get changed by legitimate means).

As said before, there are guides on here for doing it - just remember all the risks and make sure anything you want to keep is stored safely elsewhere.
    Thank you very much for the tips!!!
    08-06-2014 05:07 PM