How do i get Cyan with 8.1 DP Update 1

NickG92

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

I downgraded my 925 to 8.0 to get the 8.1 Update 1 version because I had some problem installing it, but I noticed that the Cyan update was gone when I had updated.
How do I get it again!?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I downgraded my 925 to 8.0 to get the 8.1 Update 1 version because I had some problem installing it, but I noticed that the Cyan update was gone when I had updated.
How do I get it again!?

You need to do all the updates in order. Starting at 8.0, update to Cyan (which puts you to 8.1). Install Developer Preview app+re-enrol, install 8.1 Update.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Damn! I gotta start all over haha, well guess thats the only way so i kinda dont have any choice.

If you've already installed GDR1 via DP without Cyan, and your phone works fine, you can simply wait for MS to release the fix that will let you install Cyan.

EPM54

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When is this going to happen? Is Microsoft/Nokia really working to fix this issue? We have (3) 920s in our house and mine is the only one with the DP image. The other 2 were updated automatically to Cyan a few days ago on AT&T network in the US. Mine shows no update available still. I really don't want to have to revert to an older version and go through all of the other stuff you have to do to get the update I should get automatically. I don't want to take the chance that I'll loose something in the process. Does anybody have any insight as to will this be fixed or not?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure they are going to fix the issue...

I was going to downgrade to 8.0 to then update OTA to Cyan/8.1 but when I used the Nokia recovery tool it actually put Cyan/8.1 on my 925 instead. The only useful thing I lost with going to regular 8.1 versus the DP 8.1 update 1 was app folders. I've been tempted to install DP again and update to Update 1 but I don't want to go through the hassle of resetting the phone if the production update to 8.1 GDR1 somehow doesn't work with the DP version...

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has said that the DP hold has been fixed, but they've only released it for a few model/carrier combinations. It's been several weeks now, and they haven't released any more or said anything else. It would be nice to see some movement or at least some communication.

In my case, I stopped waiting when Cyan/8.1 became the current version for NSRT for my phone (L920 AT&T). It does a clean install of Cyan and 8.1, no updates necessary unless you want to go to GDR1 using Preview for Developers. My phone is running perfectly now, no excessive lag or battery drain and everything that is supposed to work, works. YMMV, of course, but in my opinion, it's worth installing NSRT on a PC and checking to see what version it will install. If it was Black/8.0, I would still be waiting for the fix, but a clean install of Cyan/8.1 was just too much of a draw for me.

BTW, GDR1 installs just fine over the production version, and I've had no issues with it.

Last edited:

turbodb

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I stopped waiting when Cyan/8.1 became the current version for NSRT for my phone (L920 AT&T). It does a clean install of Cyan and 8.1, no updates necessary unless you want to go to GDR1 using Preview for Developers. My phone is running perfectly now, no excessive lag or battery drain and everything that is supposed to work, works. YMMV, of course, but in my opinion, it's worth installing NSRT on a PC and checking to see what version it will install. If it was Black/8.0, I would still be waiting for the fix, but a clean install of Cyan/8.1 was just too much of a draw for me.

BTW, GDR1 installs just fine over the production version, and I've had no issues with it.

​Awesome - I've been waiting for this as well. Guess I have a project tonight!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss