10-06-2014 07:15 PM
74 123
tools
    Yoop no true Cyan T-Mobile update is very frustrating...
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

If the data plans weren't so reasonable I'd be moving away from T-Imobile.

Actually I like the company and have been a subscriber for many years.
    T-Mobile has the "dust off" attitude toward subscribers though.

As long as we don't require genuine customer service things are cool.
    Evidently the "tell them what they need to hear" then "don't do anything because they'll get over it" works.
    I had this same issue with the Android phone I had before I switched to the 925. T-Mobile kept promising they were going to update that phone to the then latest version of Android and 6 months down the road there was still no update. That's when I decided to get a new phone and switched to the 925.

Well now it looks like the same exact thing is happening with the 925. This definitely appears to be a pattern with T-Mobile. How in the world is it that AT&T releases the update for the same exact phone like what 2 months or so ago now, but T-Mobile is still in the "testing" stage? This makes no sense whatsoever...

I don't care much for AT&T as a company but I will say they are very responsive to getting updates out to their customers. As much as it pains me I might have to start looking into switching from T-Mobile and I've been a customer since way before they were even T-Mobile.
    Guytronic and Munter2 like this.
    09-14-2014 12:27 PM
    My two-month Internet Sharing troubleshooting, which mainly succeeded in stumping Nokia and T-Mobile tech teams, is still unsolved, but I'm holding onto hope that if T-Mobile actually formally rolls out the 8.1 update for the Lumia 925 handset, I might have a chance to get back that function (and since I can't downgrade to 8.0 even if I wanted to, I guess that's my only chance).

I can't blame anyone who'd drop T-Mobile as a provider--I mostly don't because I'm notoriously cheap, and my primary alternative, AT&T, has a substantially worse reputation for reliability.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-14-2014 03:52 PM
    Really hoping the firmware is coming.
    I just wish there was definition from T-Mo about this.

If the company isn't going to offer or delay new upscale Microsoft handhelds then the least they can do is get Cyan out to current users.

More and more each day I turn to my Lumia 635 that in my mind is topping my 925 in performance.
    Keeping the fingers crossed that Cyan (or newer) firmware from T-Slo will give the L925 a new soul...
    09-14-2014 04:38 PM
    I had this same issue with the Android phone I had before I switched to the 925. T-Mobile kept promising they were going to update that phone to the then latest version of Android and 6 months down the road there was still no update. That's when I decided to get a new phone and switched to the 925.

Well now it looks like the same exact thing is happening with the 925. This definitely appears to be a pattern with T-Mobile. How in the world is it that AT&T releases the update for the same exact phone like what 2 months or so ago now, but T-Mobile is still in the "testing" stage? This makes no sense whatsoever...

I don't care much for AT&T as a company but I will say they are very responsive to getting updates out to their customers. As much as it pains me I might have to start looking into switching from T-Mobile and I've been a customer since way before they were even T-Mobile.

I moved to Cricket Wireless today, not because of this update only but also because I didn't want to take any more pain in finding a decent non-TMO branded Windows Phone that supports AWS (I own a Rogers pentaband and the T-Mobile 925) in order to get 3G or LTE on Band 4, which most of the AT&T phones support. I am done with them for good, though I did take a hit with the data speeds, LTE is capped to 8 MBPS whereas HSPA+ is 4MBPS. On T-Mobile I used to get about 10 MBPS on HSPA+ itself. Now since Cricket uses AT&T's towers I don't have to worry about network coverage while driving from Ohio to Missouri, I can live with 4MBPS as long as its consistent. Secondly LTE coverage is close to nothing in Missouri where my wife is going to school, her town does have LTE but outside that its plain old 2G
    09-14-2014 07:39 PM
    Hi, do you really feel that 625 outperforms the 925? Can you elaborate a bit more? I can't wait to see my phone running firmware/software that go hand in hand. I wish they had a Developers Preview for Firmware....

Really hoping the firmware is coming.
    I just wish there was definition from T-Mo about this.

If the company isn't going to offer or delay new upscale Microsoft handhelds then the least they can do is get Cyan out to current users.

More and more each day I turn to my Lumia 635 that in my mind is topping my 925 in performance.
    Keeping the fingers crossed that Cyan (or newer) firmware from T-Slo will give the L925 a new soul...
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-15-2014 03:51 PM
    I believe they are waiting for Update2... If they test & release cyan now, they would again need to allocate resources to test Update1 &Update2, so better wait and release Update2
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-15-2014 04:10 PM
    Hi, do you really feel that 625 outperforms the 925? Can you elaborate a bit more? I can't wait to see my phone running firmware/software that go hand in hand. I wish they had a Developers Preview for Firmware....
    Yes my 925 on 8.1 with the latest firmware update as of late has been slower suffering depleted battery time and this is while sitting idle.
    The 925 can maintain idle for about six hours then steadily drops to the shutdown state in about 7 hours.
    (tried all the tricks with small to no change)
    Maybe it needs to go back to basics for comparison.
    8.1 is so much nicer as far as features than 8.0 however.

My 635 in factory form is not resuming or acting sluggish.
    The cameras load instantly and battery time under intense use gets me a minimum 12 hours (100% to 20%)
    This phone can sit for three days (maybe longer) and not shutdown due to the low battery level.
    I'm leaving it alone however...I just want it to work.

I haven't been smiling much since I chose to install recent firmware and MM\Nokia native app updates with the 925.
    The 925 is a great phone and I feel it will be again soon with a little help from my friends at T-Mobile.

So far:
    My choices, my problem, my need to look for better days ahead...

T-Mobile will come thru eventually.
    Reebs Reebs likes this.
    09-15-2014 04:43 PM
    Was told today in an email from support that it will be released in Oct.
    Guytronic and Reebs Reebs like this.
    09-22-2014 02:16 PM
    Was told today in an email from support that it will be released in Oct.
    Good news if it's true.
    09-22-2014 05:58 PM
    Good news if it's true.
    Only time will tell...I won't be holding my breath
    09-22-2014 11:41 PM
    October, huh, so if literal, it could still be five weeks away. In the meantime, ATT has had it since July. And the fact is, that ever day that goes by it is less likely to happen. Corporate priorities change, new phones beg for support, eff the loyal customers.

wpfanboy17, can you provide the text from that email? Do you have a sense that the sender is qualified to weigh in on it?
    09-23-2014 08:10 AM
    If you want to be an optimist maybe the reason it is taking so long is that they are improving Wi-Fi calling. They made a big deal about Wi-Fi calling this past week and 8.1 breaks Wi-Fi calling and text messaging. So maybe it took some time to fix or improve Wi-Fi calling in 8.1.
    Guytronic and metalchick719 like this.
    09-23-2014 07:42 PM
    If you want to be an optimist maybe the reason it is taking so long is that they are improving Wi-Fi calling. They made a big deal about Wi-Fi calling this past week and 8.1 breaks Wi-Fi calling and text messaging. So maybe it took some time to fix or improve Wi-Fi calling in 8.1.
    Yes, I had the same thought. ATT doesn't have to worry about WFC...........yet. I've owned three or four phones with WFC, going way back to the very first one, the Nokia 6086 in 2007. The 925's WFC is horrible. It may connect, it may not. You may be able to turn it on, you may not be able to. You may be able to change service preference without rebooting, but you probably will have to.

It's terrible.
    09-23-2014 07:54 PM
    Here is the email I got.

Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Techincal Care.
    You contacted us in regards to software update for Nokia lumia 925. Currently there is no direct available date as to when the 8.1 update will be released. We are however showing that it is now slatted for an October 2014 release date.
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-24-2014 07:01 AM
    Would the 8.1.1 DP released today delay the T-Mobile customers to get cyan or speeds it up?
    09-24-2014 02:42 PM
    Would the 8.1.1 DP released today delay the T-Mobile customers to get cyan or speeds it up?
    I am getting an update now. I was all excited that maybe Cyan was here..but it must be another DP update. :(
    it is moving very slow, so it is a big update. fingers crossed, lol
    will update, :)
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-24-2014 08:53 PM
    I am getting an update now. I was all excited that maybe Cyan was here..but it must be another DP update. :(
    it is moving very slow, so it is a big update. fingers crossed, lol
    will update, :)
    Your avatar indicates a 925...are you on T-Mo with a 925 by any chance?
    09-24-2014 09:22 PM
    I just checked my 925 on PforD TMO phone and there is no new update. My NOT on PforD phone had no further updates as of this morning.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 09-25-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    09-24-2014 09:46 PM
    Your avatar indicates a 925...are you on T-Mo with a 925 by any chance?
    Yes, T-Mobile. .and it was the new DP update. Now at 8.10.14176.243

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    Guytronic likes this.
    09-25-2014 04:20 AM
    Just ended up taking the plunge and completely flashed the phone using Nokia Care Suite to debrand too. They'll probably push an update within a few days now lol.
    09-25-2014 09:20 AM
    Just ended up taking the plunge and completely flashed the phone using Nokia Care Suite to debrand too. They'll probably push an update within a few days now lol.

Is there a summary of steps to follow along with potential risks? I'm thinking about flashing mine. I would love to read any feedback related to performance of battery in the 925 before and after.
    09-25-2014 03:20 PM
    Is there a summary of steps to follow along with potential risks? I'm thinking about flashing mine. I would love to read any feedback related to performance of battery in the 925 before and after.
    Do keep in mind that flashing to a firmware that doesn't support AWS might block the AWS bands on your 925 forever
    09-26-2014 04:23 PM
    Here's what I got...

Munter2 likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:59 PM
    pretty sad T-Mobile cannot even give us a date...
    10-06-2014 07:15 PM
74 123