TMo 925 8.1 / Cyan Update Status

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i just got a 925 (TMo) recently and wanted to know what's going on as far as the official OTA updates for it (8.1 / Cyan). I mean, AT&T already rolled these updates to their 925 but WTF is TMo taking their sweet *** time? It sure does not make any sense whatsoever!:angry:

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone and no update yet. T-Mobile always their sweet time releasing updates for Windows Phones. It's not a to priority fire them since they only have two phones to update, the 521 & 925.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Up to the carriers when to release, and T-Mobile has been slow with both the 925 and 520. So you're not the only one, by far.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
smfh... unfair treatment of customers... quick question though, i'm not a techy-guy but will it be possible to say, if you unlock it and use ATT sim - will it work?

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
smfh... unfair treatment of customers... quick question though, i'm not a techy-guy but will it be possible to say, if you unlock it and use ATT sim - will it work?

You can unlock it and use it in AT&T all day long. You can NOT however receive the Cyan update because your 925 was originally a T-Mobile phone.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It's out of Microsofts hands when the carrier pushes an update out. T-mobile has their WiFi calling they need to get working properly before they can release it. It's a NECESSARY feature for a lot of people that use t-mobile, but don't necessarily have good coverage where they are.

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
It's out of Microsofts hands when the carrier pushes an update out. T-mobile has their WiFi calling they need to get working properly before they can release it. It's a NECESSARY feature for a lot of people that use t-mobile, but don't necessarily have good coverage where they are.

This!

TMO needs to get their wifi calling feature working with this 8.1 update

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This!

TMO needs to get their wifi calling feature working with this 8.1 update

This WiFi calling thing drove me nutz for months!
After 8.1 GDR1 it worked for one day then it crapped for 2 days now it's been working for over a week.

I'm convinced it's due to network tower switching equipment work being done around this area.
Also after GDR1 my 925 is always seeing 4G\LTE with at least 2 bars.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You also have to account for all the bloatware that we probably don't use daily - TMo TV, Caller ID, VVM, etc...

T-Mo just has more to test out than most of the other carriers...

envsys

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
They just pushed out an android update for the HTC One, probably cause Verizon starts selling their HTC One Windows
phone tomorrow. Why couldn't they have been working more agressively on the 925 Cyan update. The question should not be when they will be releasing the Cyan update, but why is it taking so long?

Last edited by a moderator:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Bernie, why do you want to switch to AT&T? Just because of the lack of an official 8.1/Cyan update available from T-Mo? Why not just update to 8.1 via the developer preview? My 925 is running that and it's smooth as butter. I'm okay waiting for Cyan, but then again, I'm patient. :angel:

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
coz i don't like the idea of downgrading back to 8.0 (for CYAN update) IF i decided to update to the DP 8.1. To me, just doesn't make sense. I'm getting a little impatient lol.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
coz i don't like the idea of downgrading back to 8.0 (for CYAN update) IF i decided to update to the DP 8.1. To me, just doesn't make sense. I'm getting a little impatient lol.

Honestly, I don't even think you have to do that. If you update via the developer preview, just wait until Microsoft releases the Cyan update for people using the developer preview. Shouldn't be too much of a biggie.

LordIzzy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The 925 on T-mobile is still listed as "Under testing" for the Cyan update. Don't know why but it seems that T-mobile always takes the longest to approve updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos