TMo 925 8.1 / Cyan Update Status

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
October, huh, so if literal, it could still be five weeks away. In the meantime, ATT has had it since July. And the fact is, that ever day that goes by it is less likely to happen. Corporate priorities change, new phones beg for support, eff the loyal customers.

wpfanboy17, can you provide the text from that email? Do you have a sense that the sender is qualified to weigh in on it?

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you want to be an optimist maybe the reason it is taking so long is that they are improving Wi-Fi calling. They made a big deal about Wi-Fi calling this past week and 8.1 breaks Wi-Fi calling and text messaging. So maybe it took some time to fix or improve Wi-Fi calling in 8.1.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be an optimist maybe the reason it is taking so long is that they are improving Wi-Fi calling. They made a big deal about Wi-Fi calling this past week and 8.1 breaks Wi-Fi calling and text messaging. So maybe it took some time to fix or improve Wi-Fi calling in 8.1.

Yes, I had the same thought. ATT doesn't have to worry about WFC...........yet. I've owned three or four phones with WFC, going way back to the very first one, the Nokia 6086 in 2007. The 925's WFC is horrible. It may connect, it may not. You may be able to turn it on, you may not be able to. You may be able to change service preference without rebooting, but you probably will have to.

It's terrible.

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Here is the email I got.

Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Techincal Care.
You contacted us in regards to software update for Nokia lumia 925. Currently there is no direct available date as to when the 8.1 update will be released. We are however showing that it is now slatted for an October 2014 release date.

TerryB9999

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Would the 8.1.1 DP released today delay the T-Mobile customers to get cyan or speeds it up?

I am getting an update now. I was all excited that maybe Cyan was here..but it must be another DP update. :(
it is moving very slow, so it is a big update. fingers crossed, lol
will update, :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am getting an update now. I was all excited that maybe Cyan was here..but it must be another DP update. :(
it is moving very slow, so it is a big update. fingers crossed, lol
will update, :)

Your avatar indicates a 925...are you on T-Mo with a 925 by any chance?

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I just checked my 925 on PforD TMO phone and there is no new update. My NOT on PforD phone had no further updates as of this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

pLUSpISTOL

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Just ended up taking the plunge and completely flashed the phone using Nokia Care Suite to debrand too. They'll probably push an update within a few days now lol.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Just ended up taking the plunge and completely flashed the phone using Nokia Care Suite to debrand too. They'll probably push an update within a few days now lol.

Is there a summary of steps to follow along with potential risks? I'm thinking about flashing mine. I would love to read any feedback related to performance of battery in the 925 before and after.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a summary of steps to follow along with potential risks? I'm thinking about flashing mine. I would love to read any feedback related to performance of battery in the 925 before and after.
Do keep in mind that flashing to a firmware that doesn't support AWS might block the AWS bands on your 925 forever

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05