08-25-2014 06:23 PM
61 123
tools
    I keep jumping at the bit, thinking about grabbing one myself, keep posting here and I will keep following. Kind of wanting to update my 810 for something a bit sleeker...925 fits that to a T.
    08-17-2014 08:29 PM
    UPDATE: I have now wasted well over an hour of time trying to file a warranty claim. All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label. A half hour with a robot in India only knew how to repeat herself and what had already been said six times. Literally. Absolutely not resolution oriented. Will not send to a different email address, will not fax.
    So, fortunately I could do this, I just ordered another one. I asked the seller to please check it out first, make sure I don't get another dud. If Nokia comes through, I'll just get it fixed and probably sell it on eBay. I see used ones going for $200. Go figger. And mine will have 8.1 Update.
    08-18-2014 10:13 AM
    UPDATE: I have now wasted well over an hour of time trying to file a warranty claim. All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label. A half hour with a robot in India only knew how to repeat herself and what had already been said six times. Literally. Absolutely not resolution oriented. Will not send to a different email address, will not fax.
    So, fortunately I could do this, I just ordered another one. I asked the seller to please check it out first, make sure I don't get another dud. If Nokia comes through, I'll just get it fixed and probably sell it on eBay. I see used ones going for $200. Go figger. And mine will have 8.1 Update.
    Why did you not try the online route? I haven't spoken to a Nokia person once in the 4 times I have sent a device in. You might want to tweet @NokiaCareUS, they took good care of me back in December of last year.
    08-18-2014 10:44 AM
    $160 for a 925? That's the cheapest yet I've seen it! Great deal!
    08-18-2014 05:55 PM
    Definitely NOT NEW - it's probably a refurb. Phone arrived this AM in "sealed" TMO box (had the TMO transparent seal). Everyhing complete but it had somebody's info on it (in the process of doing a factory reset). The phone itself is in mint condition with not a scratch or mark on it at all. Seems to accept the SIM card (but I have no service as I am just using a "blank" TMO SIM card). WiFi connected flawlessly, battery seems to be charging OK. It has Lumia Black on it and OS Version 8.0.10517.150

So now I'm going to install the DP 8.1 and will report back later on. Excellent deal as even if the phone is a refurb (my suspicion only - no proof) it is in flawless condition - hopefully when I pop in my real SIM card it will have a clean IMEI number.

So I might also add that the industrial design of this phone blows anything else away and I have had many other high end phones, Android, FruitPhone, Blackberry... It's a hell of a deal.

later
    Don
    08-19-2014 08:37 AM
    Definitely NOT NEW - it's probably a refurb. Phone arrived this AM in "sealed" TMO box (had the TMO transparent seal). Everyhing complete but it had somebody's info on it (in the process of doing a factory reset). The phone itself is in mint condition with not a scratch or mark on it at all. Seems to accept the SIM card (but I have no service as I am just using a "blank" TMO SIM card). WiFi connected flawlessly, battery seems to be charging OK. It has Lumia Black on it and OS Version 8.0.10517.150

So now I'm going to install the DP 8.1 and will report back later on. Excellent deal as even if the phone is a refurb (my suspicion only - no proof) it is in flawless condition - hopefully when I pop in my real SIM card it will have a clean IMEI number.

So I might also add that the industrial design of this phone blows anything else away and I have had many other high end phones, Android, FruitPhone, Blackberry... It's a hell of a deal.

later
    Don
    Check IMEI cleanliness on Swappa.com/ESN or checksESNfree.com
    08-19-2014 08:53 AM
    Yes, just checked and got this: "ESN is does not appear to be blacklisted suggesting it should be activation ready". And BTW, Swappa is asking $200 for this phone

Check IMEI cleanliness on Swappa.com/ESN or checksESNfree.com
    08-19-2014 09:26 AM
    Yes, just checked and got this: "ESN is does not appear to be blacklisted suggesting it should be activation ready". And BTW, Swappa is asking $200 for this phone
    So there you go. Phone is clean IMEI wise. Enjoy the awesome deal you got.
    08-19-2014 09:30 AM
    Got mine today. Sim card tray broken.
    08-19-2014 11:15 AM
    Got mine today. Sim card tray broken.
    That is a bummer!
    08-19-2014 11:41 AM
    Yes it is. Otherwise in "Great Condition" as the seller states. IMEI number appears valid also. I think I will try my luck with another one if the seller has any more. I will also make sure they verify the condition other than a cursory glance of the phone.

That is a bummer!
    08-19-2014 11:50 AM
    Yes it is. Otherwise in "Great Condition" as the seller states. IMEI number appears valid also. I think I will try my luck with another one if the seller has any more. I will also make sure they verify the condition other than a cursory glance of the phone.
    The SIM tray is a PITA with the 925. On my phone I have to pull it out with the SIM tool in it and not just push it once to pop it out. Have you tried that? Also the SIM card itself sits a bit weird in the tray - about a third goes in the phone and the 2/3rds sticks out of the slot. Try this before you decide to send it back.
    08-19-2014 12:03 PM
    Agree, the worst thing about the phone. I have another 925 that I'm using and I understand exactly what you're saying about the tray. There is a slight depression when pushing in on the sim tray, almost like an unlock and then you are able to pull up and out, it doesn't just pop out. This one doesn't have that depression that "unlocks" the tray and it can't be pulled out. It also appears to be jammed in pretty good, it's not sitting flush with the top of the phone. Thanks for the help though.
    ​I wished the company had an actual phone number to call and get this taken care of right away. As it is you have to leave a message via the eBay messaging system and have to wait 1-2 days for a response.

The SIM tray is a PITA with the 925. On my phone I have to pull it out with the SIM tool in it and not just push it once to pop it out. Have you tried that? Also the SIM card itself sits a bit weird in the tray - about a third goes in the phone and the 2/3rds sticks out of the slot. Try this before you decide to send it back.
    08-19-2014 12:16 PM
    Agree, the worst thing about the phone. I have another 925 that I'm using and I understand exactly what you're saying about the tray. There is a slight depression when pushing in on the sim tray, almost like an unlock and then you are able to pull up and out, it doesn't just pop out. This one doesn't have that depression that "unlocks" the tray and it can't be pulled out. It also appears to be jammed in pretty good, it's not sitting flush with the top of the phone. Thanks for the help though.
    ​I wished the company had an actual phone number to call and get this taken care of right away. As it is you have to leave a message via the eBay messaging system and have to wait 1-2 days for a response.
    Don't worry because it's through eBay you have enough buyer protection. Hopefully they have a minty fresh one for you as a spare to send. Good luck.
    08-19-2014 02:32 PM
    Thanks. I'm not too worried. They have actually gotten back to me through eBay messaging already and offered a replacement or refund. I have asked for a replacement.

Don't worry because it's through eBay you have enough buyer protection. Hopefully they have a minty fresh one for you as a spare to send. Good luck.
    08-19-2014 03:04 PM
    Why did you not try the online route? I haven't spoken to a Nokia person once in the 4 times I have sent a device in. You might want to tweet @NokiaCareUS, they took good care of me back in December of last year.
    "All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label." Guess you didn't figure out that I started online. I did.

I did get an email in response to the one I sent on Saturday. I'll try that door. Of course, no one from India has called me, despite all those promises.
    08-19-2014 03:14 PM
    "All was well until I didn't get the emailed UPS label." Guess you didn't figure out that I started online. I did.

I did get an email in response to the one I sent on Saturday. I'll try that door. Of course, no one from India has called me, despite all those promises.
    I know you started online. Just saying you might want to tweet @NokiaCareUS that you did not receive the label and they would have helped you out. Happened to me the first time I had to send my device in, last year in December.
    08-19-2014 05:51 PM
    I bought one of these for mom brand new a few months ago. The price was $180
    08-19-2014 06:31 PM
    I'm in for 1 as well, I'll post back when I get it. Looking forward at getting a newer Lumia than my 810. It'll probably be relegated to my backup line that I keep just in case (currently an HTC 8X is using that line).
    08-20-2014 03:09 PM
    I'm in for 1 as well, I'll post back when I get it. Looking forward at getting a newer Lumia than my 810. It'll probably be relegated to my backup line that I keep just in case (currently an HTC 8X is using that line).
    Exactly what I am doing right now, my 810 is my backup device and am really liking the 925. I got it from a fellow WPC member for a really nice deal including wireless charging :-)
    08-20-2014 05:56 PM

Just sent a Lumia 822 in because it would not recognize the SD card without any issues to Nokia Care. This is now my 5th phone to them for repair.
    08-20-2014 05:58 PM
    Got my second phone..................differently defective.

The first one just would not recognize any sim card I put in. I couldn't even dial out to 611, Metro, AT&T, or TMO.

This phone recognizes my Metro sim just fine and I can make calls.................on wi-fi calling only. Will not receive over the air signals.

I'm guessing that I'm having some serious bad luck, the seller is well rated. Must have been all those babies I ate in a previous life time.
    08-20-2014 06:52 PM
    Got my second phone..................differently defective...

...Must have been all those babies I ate in a previous life time.
    ?!?!?! ​You were Ba'al ?!?!?!
    08-20-2014 06:54 PM
    Nah, I think they got a batch of refurbs - I had to ship mine back this morning - the SIM card holder is "fidgety" and the top of the case gets really hot when charging. Didn't want to take a chance so seller agreed to a refund and emailed me a label for return shipping. But I would definitely buy from this seller again - just not a 925.

The first one just would not recognize any sim card I put in. I couldn't even dial out to 611, Metro, AT&T, or TMO.

This phone recognizes my Metro sim just fine and I can make calls.................on wi-fi calling only. Will not receive over the air signals.

I'm guessing that I'm having some serious bad luck, the seller is well rated. Must have been all those babies I ate in a previous life time.
    08-20-2014 08:27 PM
    Even though these guys seem to be a reputable dealer, we are having some serious bad luck with these. I am in the process of returning mine for a replacement. They need to wait for mine to be returned and then they will send out another one. Will report back sometime next week with hopefully some better news.

08-20-2014 08:32 PM
61 123