New TMO 925's available for $160

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Just had delivered a phone from eBay that sounded used but as the seller says, in "great" condition. When I asked the seller about making sure I got a clean screen, his answer was canned and cloy. Imagine my shock finding a brand new TMO box, all the paperwork, and charger. Warranty. No earbuds. Can you live with that?

Great Condition Nokia Lumia 925 Windows Phone 8 Smartphone for T Mobile 610214632081 | eBay

Updating to 8.1 via Preview for Developers as I type.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Here's a bizarre update: The phone is defective. It can't "see" any SIM that I put in, tried four, different carriers, none will even let me dial 611.

Seller did promptly offer me a refund or replacement. But I checked, it's under warranty. I'll think I'll just send it to Nokia and have them lay their hands on it.

My bad luck. What a beautiful phone. Got it all updated to 8.1 Update w/o problem. Still on Black.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's not good. I just placed an order for one today. I thought it was to good to be true, there also doesn't seem to be a lot of takers on this steal of a deal. Anybody else here take a shot at this?

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered yesterday also - supposed to arrive on Tuesday so I'll report back when it comes. I'm not too worried since we can always get a refund - this seller has a good reputation. Also, just because the OP got a new phone does not mean that we're going to get the same deal.

That's not good. I just placed an order for one today. I thought it was to good to be true, there also doesn't seem to be a lot of takers on this steal of a deal. Anybody else here take a shot at this?

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm more worried about the lack of comments about the deal, almost as if people are aware that the phones won't work. This is a very good price for an awesome phone. I do understand that we won't be getting the same deal as the original poster, maybe we'll actually get one that has been tested to work. The term "Great Condition" is rather subjective at this point.

Yeah, I ordered yesterday also - supposed to arrive on Tuesday so I'll report back when it comes. I'm not too worried since we can always get a refund - this seller has a good reputation. Also, just because the OP got a new phone does not mean that we're going to get the same deal.

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm concerned too because I think the lack of TMO's Cyan update relates less to a WiFi calling mod and more to an imminent EOL on TMO's part. And of course, most folks don't want to buy a 2 year old phone locked to TMO because of their habit of suddenly discontinuing support. BTW, the same seller was selling White, NIB 925's (TMO) for $199 not too long ago (probably the remnants of a warehouse place shedding inventory) - these may be the last of his inventory and he's just looking to get rid of them.
I'm more worried about the lack of comments about the deal, almost as if people are aware that the phones won't work. This is a very good price for an awesome phone. I do understand that we won't be getting the same deal as the original poster, maybe we'll actually get one that has been tested to work. The term "Great Condition" is rather subjective at this point.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is always a concern especially with Windows Phone. This phone is just over a year old and I would hate to think they have EOL'd it (as far as updates are concerned). I know they aren't selling them anymore but this would be poor form for T-Mobile, something they aren't afraid to do like they did with the 810. I am clinging to hope that they won't pull this stunt again and I feel pretty confident they will update this phone to Cyan, beyond that is probably a no go.

I'm concerned too because I think the lack of TMO's Cyan update relates less to a WiFi calling mod and more to an imminent EOL on TMO's part. And of course, most folks don't want to buy a 2 year old phone locked to TMO because of their habit of suddenly discontinuing support. BTW, the same seller was selling White, NIB 925's (TMO) for $199 not too long ago (probably the remnants of a warehouse place shedding inventory) - these may be the last of his inventory and he's just looking to get rid of them.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What happened to 810? I know they didn't update 710 to 7.8.
And I still can't update 925 to 8.1. I unlocked it, but don't think it has anything to do with the update

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, it was a T-Mobile exclusive Windows Phone 8 device that got pulled 6 months after it went on sale and was never updated with the Lumia Black firmware.
The 925 on T-Mobile as of now, can only be updated via the Preview for Developers program.

And I still can't update 925 to 8.1. I unlocked it, but don't think it has anything to do with the update

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I have no idea if TMO will roll out 8.1 and Update for the 925. It all came to pass just fine with Preview for Developers. Still on Black, but honestly, I can't see that Cyan is something I can't live without.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
To the guys who bought phones from this link and seller, please keep us updated. I mean, really, there is no way this seller could foist off hundreds of bad phones and have the rating he does. FWIW, I do have a track record of amazing bad luck in matters like this.

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine is supposed to arrive on Tuesday - I'll report back

To the guys who bought phones from this link and seller, please keep us updated. I mean, really, there is no way this seller could foist off hundreds of bad phones and have the rating he does. FWIW, I do have a track record of amazing bad luck in matters like this.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read, it was a T-Mobile exclusive Windows Phone 8 device that got pulled 6 months after it went on sale and was never updated with the Lumia Black firmware.
The 925 on T-Mobile as of now, can only be updated via the Preview for Developers program.

Actually, when Cyan and 8.1 was announced, T-Mobile did mention that it'll update the 925 and 510 respectfully. Just waiting for it to happen at the moment.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on Friday and it should be here early next week. I will for sure keep the thread updated with the outcome of this. It's to bad about your outcome, I just hope we don't have the same type of luck.

wbknudsen

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel pretty confident that the 925 on T-Mobile will get the Cyan update, I was talking about the 810 and T-Mobile abandoning the phone.

Actually, when Cyan and 8.1 was announced, T-Mobile did mention that it'll update the 925 and 510 respectfully. Just waiting for it to happen at the moment.

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just sent a 925 in for the same problem. It would rarely connect to T-Mo's network and when it did if you tried to make a call it would just drop.

I got the phone from Nokia's DVLUP program, so nothing fishy there. It's just a lemon. Free UPS shipping to Nokia for service makes it ok but I really wish the reps at the Microsoft Store would have just replaced it for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte